NBA Finals Game 5: GSW @ TOR

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Scotty2Hotty
Junior
And1: 87

Re: NBA Finals Game 5: GSW @ TOR 

Post#461 » by Scotty2Hotty » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:17 am

Scotty2Hotty wrote:
maternal85 wrote:Leonard will not let this go back to GS. Parade has been planned. Just start getting ready for next season.

You better pray Leonard will not let this go back to GS because your prediction will become everyone's signature if your team loses.

Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,893

Post#462 » by Samurai » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:20 am

Realfan2019 wrote:What is this idiot crying about? You possibly ruined the man’s career :nonono:

President my asss...you know you are guilty when you come out and say blame me before anyone asks you :noway:

KD blew out his achilles...fkkk

Is there a way on this forum to give a hundred thumbs down votes?
Frozzy
Starter
And1: 2,021

Post#463 » by Frozzy » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:20 am

bballguy50
Veteran
And1: 108

Post#464 » by bballguy50 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:22 am

Damn man, have to feel for KD.

Initial reaction that it was reckless, but hindsight and all...
jamesnamida
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,048

Post#465 » by jamesnamida » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:22 am

Samurai wrote:
BayArea wrote:
jamesnamida wrote:Doesn’t bode well when we make so many 3s and they shoot 25% and we win by 1.
Curry and klay shot 44 times.
It’s our only shot: said it before the game started, they need to shoot 50.
Curry klay pick and rolls Kerr.

They shot more 11 more fts and 22 pts in the paint...

They will always have the FT advantage. Refs are definitely giving Kawhi the Harden gifts.

They got Gasol ibaka siakam and Kl to go into the paint and protect theirs.
We have to choose between boogie bogut bell or small ball to defend. Sucks but they probably will dominate the paint scoring the whole series
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,893

Post#466 » by Samurai » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:24 am

Just really bummed out about KD. To the point that, to be honest, I'm having a hard time getting up for a game 6. And this after 50 years of rooting for this team. The KD injury just seemed to suck the life out of this win for me.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,688

Post#467 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:24 am

jamesnamida wrote:Doesn’t bode well when we make so many 3s and they shoot 25% and we win by 1.

On the other hand the Warriors made a lot of unforced errors. Warriors could do a bit better on the defensive boards. Iguodala could not hit the side of a barn tonight, and Steph could shoot that well for 2 more games if we get lucky.

I don't really like the Klay Curry pick and roll because you can throw 3 men at it and stop it. Normally I am happy with a Draymond 3 on 2 but if you can just leave a shot blocker at the rim and dare Livingston and Iguodala to shoot then it won't work.
jamesnamida
Lead Assistant

Post#468 » by jamesnamida » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:25 am

Frozzy wrote:Image

It was an Achilles all along, kd is a true warrior for trying to come back. MadMax that man now regardless if he’s out a year.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,902

Post#469 » by whatisacenter » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:26 am

I don't want to hear any Warriors' fan on here speak ill of KD ever again.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,902

Post#470 » by whatisacenter » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:27 am

jamesnamida wrote:
Frozzy wrote:Image

It was an Achilles all along, kd is a true warrior for trying to come back. MadMax that man now regardless if he’s out a year.

Bob Myers said it wasn't.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
BG
Sixth Man
And1: 458

Post#471 » by BG » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:27 am

can't imagine how that must feel for KD...going out there and putting up a fight with your team and then possibly suffering an achilles injury, that might impact his career forever, so tough. can only hope it's not as serious as they think.
Warriors!!!
jamesnamida
Lead Assistant

Post#472 » by jamesnamida » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:27 am

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:

On the other hand the Warriors made a lot of unforced errors. Warriors could do a bit better on the defensive boards. Iguodala could not hit the side of a barn tonight, and Steph could shoot that well for 2 more games if we get lucky.

I don't really like the Klay Curry pick and roll because you can throw 3 men at it and stop it. Normally I am happy with a Draymond 3 on 2 but if you can just leave a shot blocker at the rim and dare Livingston and Iguodala to shoot then it won't work.

I just don’t trust iggy livingston and dray enough to put the series at the hands of their jumpshots. Raps aren’t the blazers, the other guys will make open shots. Lucky green and Theo there shot badly today.
cladden
Analyst
And1: 378

Post#473 » by cladden » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:31 am

It would be a huge upset for us to win the next 2 without KD but I'm enjoying the ride.
Scotty2Hotty
Junior
And1: 87

Post#474 » by Scotty2Hotty » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:32 am

whatisacenter wrote:I don't want to hear any Warriors' fan on here speak ill of KD ever again.

IMO, if it wasn't enough already, the love Iggy, Steph and the team showed Durant after the injury sealed his 2019-2020 return to the W's.
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 432

Post#475 » by superunknown » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:32 am

jamesnamida wrote:
SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:

I just don’t trust iggy livingston and dray enough to put the series at the hands of their jumpshots. Raps aren’t the blazers, the other guys will make open shots. Lucky green and Theo there shot badly today.

they gotta man-up, plain and simple. no excuses for their poor shooting.
their offensive performance has been awful bad. if you cannot make a shot when you're left wide open it's on you.
cladden
Analyst
And1: 378

Post#476 » by cladden » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:37 am

Credit to Quinn and Draymond who made some big shots today.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,801

Post#477 » by floppymoose » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:43 am

Realfan2019 wrote:What is this idiot crying about? You possibly ruined the man’s career :nonono:
President my asss...you know you are guilty when you come out and say blame me before anyone asks you :noway:

This is you before the game:

Realfan2019 wrote:KD is no fool. Even if he was as close to 100% as possible and no risk of worsening his injury, he would not risk his reputation and the narrative of being on the losing side these next few games when the warriors are already on life support and could be gentleman swept out of the finals without his services Monday.

You would think you would be used to being wrong by now, but I see you just keep on truckin'.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,254

Post#478 » by wco81 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:48 am

BG wrote:can't imagine how that must feel for KD...going out there and putting up a fight with your team and then possibly suffering an achilles injury, that might impact his career forever, so tough. can only hope it's not as serious as they think.

I'm grateful for everything KD has done for the Warriors.

But if he never plays another minute, he's still got hundreds of millions and he'll go down as one of the greatest small forwards in history.

He can still return and be an all-star level player. He won't have the explosion and you can tell he wasn't explosive before he went dow, in fact moving gingerly, not with his usual energy.

The 3s were okay but the two misses were around the FT line, the midrange jumper which is his signature. One was airball and another was short on the rim. He wasn't trying to push off that hard or maybe he couldn't.

It's probably going to hurt the Warriors' cap situation for next year, maybe more. They won't be able to add good players to replace him either, so more wear and tear on the other players.
Realfan2019
Freshman
And1: 104

Post#479 » by Realfan2019 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:51 am

I admit man, I was wrong about KD like many people were/are. Now the dubs need to try to win it for him if they can. That is the only way the stink can be removed from this situation. This will give them something more to rally around for sure. I just hope it’s management/coaching and these guys in the room did not pressure him as well.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,801

Post#480 » by floppymoose » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:53 am

Realfan2019 wrote:I admit man, I was wrong about KD like many people were/are. Now the dubs need to try to win it for him if they can. That is the only way the stink can be removed from this situation. This will give them something more to rally around for sure.

It's a very tough spot for the teams in these situations. Everyone thinks of the obvious pressures... the org wants a championship and are they willing to risk a player's health to get it? But I think fewer people think about a different kind of pressure: the player wants to play in an nba finals, and they don't know if they will ever get that chance again. If the team tells them no when they could have played, the player may be very angry with the team.

Return to Golden State Warriors