Re: Durant cleared for practice today! 

Post#21 » by Muscles » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:36 pm

Read on Twitter
CalGTR
Junior
And1: 248

Post#22 » by CalGTR » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:33 pm

What a crazy, crazy situation. If our guys can somehow, someway get this win tonight, things will look a whole lot different heading back to Oracle for game 6. Now, the Raptors are a very, very good squad, so the chances of taking 3 straight aren't great (putting it mildly). But throwing KD into the mix, if he can be reasonably healthy and productive and if he can stay that way, changes the math quite a bit. Just gotta get this game 5, but any means possible.

A word about the GB. I'm just not going over there. I'm also not listening/watching any talkshows. So sick of all the drastic narratives thrown around. Sick of people ripping on our players who have done almost nothing but win, win, and win some more over the course of the last 5 seasons. We always knew the talking-head and Warrior hater crowd was just aching for a chance to "prove" that the Warriors are just pretenders and haven't actually earned anything (we're somehow simultaneously too good to be fair to everybody else and just lucky everybody we've ever played has been hurt and therefore not actually a dynasty). I'm just sticking to this board where I'm among friends. I'll also listen to level-headed people like Woj. Life is too short to expose myself to all the angst and anger.

However this turns out tonight and the coming days, I'm very, very happy to be a Warrior's fan. If we can't get healthy enough in time to pull off a title this season, so be it. Warriors will still be contenders, with or without Durant (and I sure hope he stays). We may fall back to the pack a bit, but we still have several prime years of Steph, Klay, and crew to look forward to and I'm going to enjoy it.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,215

Post#23 » by wco81 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:00 pm

Sounds like they ran him through the shortest practices. Not sure if he did more than take shots or try to make moves against defenders , like the 3 on 3 or 5 on 5 they talked about.

Now he's going to play?

Seems likely to be too little too late.

Unlikely to be fully healthy, out of shape, rest of team burned out, etc.
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,639

Post#24 » by Kobewade11 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:06 pm

wco81 wrote:Sounds like they ran him through the shortest practices. Not sure if he did more than take shots or try to make moves against defenders , like the 3 on 3 or 5 on 5 they talked about.

Now he's going to play?

Seems likely to be too little too late.

Unlikely to be fully healthy, out of shape, rest of team burned out, etc.

try a little positivity.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,215

Post#25 » by wco81 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:07 pm

I guess if they win, it will validate the decision.

If they lose anyways, "Raptors took down the Warriors dynasty!"
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 426

Post#26 » by superunknown » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:42 pm

wco81 wrote:I guess if they win, it will validate the decision.

“Raptors can take down ****”
Everybody in his right mind knows if GS was healthy this would’ve been a wrap, them included.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#27 » by KevinMcreynolds » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:42 pm

superunknown wrote:

Everybody in his right mind knows if GS was healthy this would’ve been a wrap, them included.

I dunno, my sense from Raps fans on here is they think they won it fair and square :lol:
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
superunknown
Bench Warmer

Post#28 » by superunknown » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:46 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:
superunknown wrote:

I dunno, my sense from Raps fans on here is they think they won it fair and square :lol:

Fair and square my ass.
Evidently, they’re (all) not in their right minds
:lol:
Outside
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,201

Post#29 » by Outside » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:55 pm

superunknown wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:
superunknown wrote:

Fair and square my ass.

If they win it, yes, it's fair and square. They are worthy. They've played like they deserve it. If they win four games, they're the champs.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM

Post#30 » by KevinMcreynolds » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:00 pm

Outside wrote:
superunknown wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:

Fair and square my ass.

If they win it, yes, it's fair and square. They are worthy. They've played like they deserve it. If they win four games, they're the champs.

I mean kudos to them for taking advantage of the situation, they've played well, but when someone asks me "what happened?" when it comes to this series the first thing I'll say is we were too banged up. 5 minutes into game 3 I knew we had no chance to win that game.

superunknown
Bench Warmer

Post#31 » by superunknown » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:01 pm

Outside wrote:
superunknown wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:

Fair and square my ass.

I beg to differ, but I respect your opinion.
superunknown
Bench Warmer

Post#32 » by superunknown » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:02 am

Fair and square my ass.
Realfan2019
Freshman
And1: 104

Post#33 » by Realfan2019 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:29 am

I hope KD is OK. Heart of a champion man. I dare anyone to call that man a snake again :noway:

Curry’s look there told a million words. Players should never be pressured to return before they are ready no matter what. It would be a long shot the dubs come back from down 3-1 anyway. No need to jeopardize someone’s career specially an all-time player that took discounts to win you back to back chips in line for his last big contract :nonono: Again win or lose this series, this organization looks terrible. I hope they win it for him now. That is the only way to take the sting out of this travesty, win game 5 6 and 7.
superunknown
Bench Warmer

Post#34 » by superunknown » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:55 am

12 minutes yesterday. that's was enough to show even to a blind man that with a healthy warriors team this finals would have been a wrap. most likely a sweep. facts.
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,042

Post#35 » by Jester_ » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:19 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:
Outside wrote:
superunknown wrote:
Fair and square my ass.

I mean kudos to them for taking advantage of the situation, they've played well, but when someone asks me "what happened?" when it comes to this series the first thing I'll say is we were too banged up. 5 minutes into game 3 I knew we had no chance to win that game.

Lol the 2015 chip doesn't count in that case then... that's just salty
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
superunknown
Bench Warmer

Post#36 » by superunknown » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:38 pm

Jester_ wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:
Outside wrote:

it's a completely different situation.
everybody who saw the game yesterday, unless blind or otherwise impaired, saw that with KD on the floor it was a no contest.
healthy warriors are clearly the better team here.
then if somebody wants still to talk about 2015 can go to the designated section.
Jester_
General Manager

Post#37 » by Jester_ » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:52 pm

superunknown wrote:
Jester_ wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:

everybody who saw the game yesterday, unless blind or otherwise impaired, saw that with KD on the floor it was a no contest.
then if somebody wants still to talk about 2015 can go to the designated section.

Give me a break with this ass backwards logic - you're extrapolating an entire series based on like an 8 minute stretch? LMAO

Based on this "logic" the Spurs would've beaten us a couple of years ago before Kawhi went down, and Houston would've won last year.

Y'all need to stop being salty af - this is the same bull we've clowned other fans for years and now you're dropping it now, FOH
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
superunknown
Bench Warmer

Post#38 » by superunknown » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:57 pm

Jester_ wrote:
superunknown wrote:
Jester_ wrote:

Give me a break with this ass backwards logic - you're extrapolating an entire series based on like an 8 minute stretch? LMAO

Based on this "logic" the Spurs would've beaten us a couple of years ago before Kawhi went down, and Houston would've won last year.

Y'all need to stop being salty af - this is the same bull we've clowned other fans for years and now you're dropping it now, FOH

it's not backward logic. it's the history of the last 3 years. these warriors, when healthy, has been the best team for the last 3 years.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM

Post#39 » by KevinMcreynolds » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:02 pm

Jester_ wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:
Outside wrote:

Naw, losing KD is closer to the 2015 Cavs losing Lebron. Yes, Steph and Klay are better than Kyrie and Love, but KD and Lebron are the best players on each squad.

That being said, I never said it didn’t count. I’m just saying they’re winning because we’re too banged up. If they win it, they earned it by being in position to take advantage, there’s 14 other teams that could have done the same and they didn’t.

Jester_
General Manager

Post#40 » by Jester_ » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:20 pm

superunknown wrote:
Jester_ wrote:
superunknown wrote:

it's not backward logic. it's the history of the last 3 years. these warriors, when healthy, has been the best team for the last 3 years.

Nobody's disputing that. But claiming that a Raps ring has an asterisk or something just because they didn't beat a team with 5 all stars at full strength and instead beat a team with 4 all stars is just being salty.

If the Raptors win they deserve it - they're a hell of a team, and even with KD would've put up a fight (lest we forget we lost 2 games at full strength to the Clippers). They manhandled a Bucks team that even people on this board were afraid of, and Kawhi has been playing hurt.

But they won't win - we'll beat them at Oracle, and beat them in Toronto, because **** the Raptors.

Return to Golden State Warriors