ImageImageImageImageImage

Klay tore his ACL

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

User avatar
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
Posts: 33,523
And1: 1,065
Joined: Jun 28, 2005

Re: Klay tore his ACL 

Post#21 » by Sleepy51 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:50 am

heyrayray wrote:
Samurai wrote:Time to pull a Cleveland Cavaliers and go from Finals loser to lottery team the next season.

Looks like Curry will be Box and 1 all next year regular season :banghead:


Curry will play a few games to open Chase before having a surgery on his dislocated finger and they will be very cautious with his 10 months of rehab “wink, wink” the 2020 Warriors are gonna be a monster, but start boning up on your draft takes early
rcfc1 wrote:Do you even law, bro?
User avatar
Shem
RealGM
Posts: 14,918
And1: 2,958
Joined: Dec 15, 2009
     

Re: Klay tore his ACL 

Post#22 » by Shem » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:52 am

Coxy wrote:Holy shet balls.

Unbelievable. Never has there been such a colossal injury tole from a playoff series. Toronto luckiest team ever in the finals.

Get well Klay.

Look up the 1989 Finals.
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland


Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
Coxy
RealGM
Posts: 37,625
And1: 8,614
Joined: Jun 17, 2008
Location: Brought to you by the Splash Fam
   

Re: Klay tore his ACL 

Post#23 » by Coxy » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:52 am

Sleepy51 wrote:
Coxy wrote:Holy shet balls.

Unbelievable. Never has there been such a colossal injury tole from a playoff series. Toronto luckiest team ever in the finals.

Get well Klay.



It was pretty clearly an acl from the way he landed and like I said at the time you could visually see the femur displaced from the top of the lower leg bones. If he’d played on his he’d have shredded his meniscus.

Take a year off Klay and smoke mad weed with KD. Get ready for 2020 after we win the lottery and run roughshod over this league till you all retire as legends


Yep you called it.

The broken fibula would have been better.
“Our guys are f*%#ing giants” - Steve Kerr after Game 5 Victory
GswStorm3
Analyst
Posts: 3,504
And1: 201
Joined: Sep 19, 2007
Location: NorCal
       

Re: Klay tore his ACL 

Post#24 » by GswStorm3 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:55 am

Sleepy51 wrote:
heyrayray wrote:
Samurai wrote:Time to pull a Cleveland Cavaliers and go from Finals loser to lottery team the next season.

Looks like Curry will be Box and 1 all next year regular season :banghead:


Curry will play a few games to open Chase before having a surgery on his dislocated finger and they will be very cautious with his 10 months of rehab “wink, wink” the 2020 Warriors are gonna be a monster, but start boning up on your draft takes early


Might as well tank.
Realfan2019
Freshman
Posts: 89
And1: 103
Joined: Jun 08, 2019

Re: Klay tore his ACL 

Post#25 » by Realfan2019 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:56 am

Daaammnn.....at least Klay proved to the world these playoffs and this series that he is a borderline top 10 player and a definitive MAX level player. Dubs are lucky those dumbass writers didn’t vote him into his much deserved one of the all-NBA teams for what he does at both ends otherwise he is getting paid SUPER MAX

60% 3FG for a high volume 3PT shooter is just fk absurd and you know he would sustain that for another 100 games in these playoffs.
Coxy
RealGM
Posts: 37,625
And1: 8,614
Joined: Jun 17, 2008
Location: Brought to you by the Splash Fam
   

Re: Klay tore his ACL 

Post#26 » by Coxy » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:57 am

Shem wrote:
Coxy wrote:Holy shet balls.

Unbelievable. Never has there been such a colossal injury tole from a playoff series. Toronto luckiest team ever in the finals.

Get well Klay.

Look up the 1989 Finals.


Yeah, and? What players tore their ACL's or snapped their Achilles in that series? Magic and Scott came out with hamstring injuries, that were good in a matter of weeks.

:crazy:
“Our guys are f*%#ing giants” - Steve Kerr after Game 5 Victory
Swift21
General Manager
Posts: 7,962
And1: 169
Joined: Jan 05, 2004

Re: Klay tore his ACL 

Post#27 » by Swift21 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:58 am

F'n Danny Green
User avatar
nismolos
Pro Prospect
Posts: 806
And1: 31
Joined: Nov 02, 2006
Location: Long Beach, CA

Re: Klay tore his ACL 

Post#28 » by nismolos » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:59 am

I cant help but think “what if” Marcus Derrickson becomes Draymond with a shot (and less D). wouldve really helped out against that box and 1.
User avatar
Shem
RealGM
Posts: 14,918
And1: 2,958
Joined: Dec 15, 2009
     

Re: Klay tore his ACL 

Post#29 » by Shem » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:00 am

Coxy wrote:
Shem wrote:
Coxy wrote:Holy shet balls.

Unbelievable. Never has there been such a colossal injury tole from a playoff series. Toronto luckiest team ever in the finals.

Get well Klay.

Look up the 1989 Finals.


Yeah, and? What players tore their ACL's or snapped their Achilles in that series? Magic and Scott came out with hamstring injuries, that were good in a matter of weeks.

:crazy:

It wasn't the degree of the injuries, it's the fact that the team had players who couldn't play against the Pistons.
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland


Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
supra2k8
Starter
Posts: 2,008
And1: 3,638
Joined: Oct 31, 2010

Re: Klay tore his ACL 

Post#30 » by supra2k8 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:05 am

Swift21 wrote:F'n Danny Green


c'mon don't blame it on Green...that wasn't a dirty play at all...horrible for Klay and the warriors

User avatar
nismolos
Pro Prospect
Posts: 806
And1: 31
Joined: Nov 02, 2006
Location: Long Beach, CA

Re: Klay tore his ACL 

Post#31 » by nismolos » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:08 am

Jimmy G tore his ACL in early september...he was on the field 8 months later although limited. Klay seems to heal like Wolverine so he might be full strength in 6 months
Coxy
RealGM
Posts: 37,625
And1: 8,614
Joined: Jun 17, 2008
Location: Brought to you by the Splash Fam
   

Re: Klay tore his ACL 

Post#32 » by Coxy » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:15 am

Shem wrote:
Coxy wrote:
Shem wrote:Look up the 1989 Finals.


Yeah, and? What players tore their ACL's or snapped their Achilles in that series? Magic and Scott came out with hamstring injuries, that were good in a matter of weeks.

:crazy:

It wasn't the degree of the injuries, it's the fact that the team had players who couldn't play against the Pistons.


Re-read my post you plonker.
“Our guys are f*%#ing giants” - Steve Kerr after Game 5 Victory
thinkingwarriors
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,998
And1: 3,201
Joined: May 15, 2006
Location: On the road...
     

Re: Klay tore his ACL 

Post#33 » by thinkingwarriors » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:16 am

Rotation next season:

Curry/Cook
Lee/Evans
Iguodala/McKinnie
Draymond/Looney/Bell
Cousins/Jones

Personally, I think we need to upgrade Cook in the draft. Find an offensive minded, ball-handling guard with some speed that can get into the lane and shoot from outside. Someone like Carsen Edwards could provide exactly the instant offense we need off the bench. He can't be any worse than Cook.

Lee and Evans should both benefit greatly from getting all the playing time at the other guard spot.

McKinnie has enough raw physical talent to invest heavy playing time in next season.
Bob Meyers, June 7, 2018: "“It’s not in my job description to please NBA fans. It’s to win, end of story. I don’t need to be entertained, I just need to win. That’s all it is. That’s all I was hired to do. Win.”
Realfan2019
Freshman
Posts: 89
And1: 103
Joined: Jun 08, 2019

Re: Klay tore his ACL 

Post#34 » by Realfan2019 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:17 am

6-8 month. He should be back by January.

Danny Green was not at fault contesting that dunk. It wasn’t like he pushed him while in mid air. He made a play for the ball.

Green was awful in his play, 0 pts and could have made the finals deciding blunder there at the end if that Curry didn’t bail him out.
Candoni
Freshman
Posts: 88
And1: 95
Joined: Feb 08, 2019

Re: Klay tore his ACL 

Post#35 » by Candoni » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:17 am

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:Great, we’re gonna pay max dollars for 2 injured players...



Plus a HUUUGE repeat luxury tax offender penalty.
User avatar
nismolos
Pro Prospect
Posts: 806
And1: 31
Joined: Nov 02, 2006
Location: Long Beach, CA

Re: Klay tore his ACL 

Post#36 » by nismolos » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:27 am

its not our money. Its not that hard of a decision. If you have the money, you pay. If not? we blow it up and waste the rest of Steph’s prime.
User avatar
heyrayray
Junior
Posts: 368
And1: 278
Joined: Apr 14, 2012
         

Re: Klay tore his ACL 

Post#37 » by heyrayray » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:29 am

thinkingwarriors wrote:Rotation next season:

Curry/Cook
Lee/Evans
Iguodala/McKinnie
Draymond/Looney/Bell
Cousins/Jones

Personally, I think we need to upgrade Cook in the draft. Find an offensive minded, ball-handling guard with some speed that can get into the lane and shoot from outside. Someone like Carsen Edwards could provide exactly the instant offense we need off the bench. He can't be any worse than Cook.

Lee and Evans should both benefit greatly from getting all the playing time at the other guard spot.

McKinnie has enough raw physical talent to invest heavy playing time in next season.

Cousins wont be back.
GswStorm3
Analyst
Posts: 3,504
And1: 201
Joined: Sep 19, 2007
Location: NorCal
       

Re: Klay tore his ACL 

Post#38 » by GswStorm3 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:32 am

nismolos wrote:Jimmy G tore his ACL in early september...he was on the field 8 months later although limited. Klay seems to heal like Wolverine so he might be full strength in 6 months


No contact though.
Soca
Veteran
Posts: 2,544
And1: 513
Joined: Jul 22, 2004

Re: Klay tore his ACL 

Post#39 » by Soca » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:38 am

Klay is one tough SOB. He was jogging up the hall and trying to return to action with an ACL Tear.

He will bounce back.
Coxy
RealGM
Posts: 37,625
And1: 8,614
Joined: Jun 17, 2008
Location: Brought to you by the Splash Fam
   

Re: Klay tore his ACL 

Post#40 » by Coxy » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:41 am

Image
“Our guys are f*%#ing giants” - Steve Kerr after Game 5 Victory

Return to Golden State Warriors