ImageImageImageImageImage

Official offseason, summer of 2019

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,742

Re: Official offseason, summer of 2019 

Post#381 » by azwfan » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:46 am

Looks like we've signed Ky Bowman to the 2-way deal.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,022

Post#382 » by Scoots1994 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:17 pm

Bowman may have been getting antsy. One two-way left now.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#383 » by Mylie10 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:34 pm

Maybe in the Cruz we will see more of his attacking style of play on offense.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
CalGTR
Junior
And1: 248

Post#384 » by CalGTR » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:56 pm

Samurai wrote:Thought this was a fascinating article about the craziness of this past off-season. All you capologists out there would also probably enjoy it as well to see it from the Warriors' perspective.

Read in The Athletic: https://apple.news/A_sOKeZ8NSDyYwbMgszC58A

It was an interesting article. As I'm sure most of us suspected, the W's had the D'Angelo contingency plan in place months ago. I'm sure they knew there was a strong chance they lose KD, and so they worked out scenarios to mitigate the impact. They were probably pretty happy, relatively speaking, to start hearing that KD was eyeing the Nets because the Nets would have to jettison a 23 year old scoring all-star, which set up nicely for a sign-and-trade. They got a lot done in a very short period of time, and I believe they are to be congratulated for the job they did. The draft choices are a wait-and-see evaluation, but their summer moves were as good as it gets, seems to me.

The roster is clearly a work in progress, but I'm confident the front office will continue to seek to upgrade at every opportunity. We've got several more years of prime or close-to-prime Steph, Klay, and (hopefully) Dray, and it will be fun to see how it all unfolds. I don't think this team is done competing for titles.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,077

Post#385 » by wco81 » Fri Nov 8, 2019 7:58 am

DAWill1128 wrote:
Jeremy Lin - He's always been a good player, great bball iq, good veteran teammate. Lin would and always has been a guy that could fit well with our group, older but we need vets.

Just came across a video of Lin’s first game for the Beijing team in the Chinese league.

Apparently had offers from a Euro League team which might have been the bes route back to the NBA.

But maybe the Chinese team offered him the most money. Or maybe there are some off court money opportunities for him.

If he finished his Harvard degree, he could move on with his life but maybe he can earn 7 figures in China.

Return to Golden State Warriors