ImageImageImageImageImage

Official offseason, summer of 2019

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,654

Re: Official offseason, summer of 2019 

Post#41 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:58 am

Can a team combine a DPE with their taxpayer MLE to offer a player more money than what the DPE alone allows?

I know there were a bunch of Cousins haters but Cousins was not fully healthy. With the theory that Warriors don't mind paying luxury tax, signing Cousins gives the Warriors early Bird rights to Cousins in the 2020 off-season.

Any non-Warriors players that the Warriors sign with a DPE wil have to leave the team at the end of the year because the Warriors are over the cap. Can teams use a dpe to sign their own players.

Celtics got a DPE for Gordon Hayward. If the Warriors get DPEs for both Klay and KD can the combine them?

I think Livingston with his las year picked up, could be combined with a lot of cash and draft picks to trade for a good young player. The team receiving Livingston would cut him because they want the Money and draft picks not Livingston.

I am thinking about how to win the 2021 championship.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#42 » by Mylie10 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:02 am

wco81 wrote:Problem with getting rid of Iggy and Livingston is that it just saves luxury tax money, not improve the team.

They won't easily find replacements who could play key minutes. Dumping salary is just part of a tank.

Even if the savings on their salaries could be rolled over into enough space, as soon as they sign Draymond, they won't have space again.

They won't deal Iguodala and if they tried, he'd probably just retire. He's worth every penny based on his playoff contributions.

Livingston has been battling a knee problem all year and has suffered on the defensive end. He's gonna call it quits imo.

I also don't understand anyone ripping McKinnie.
The guy is cheap....like cheap. He's a great rebounder from the wing spot. Like elite. I believe his shooting will improve. He just needs more consistency. As guys age they tend to find their place. I love him for his cost to value. He should only get better.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#43 » by Mylie10 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:03 am

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:Can a team combine a DPE with their taxpayer MLE to offer a player more money than what the DPE alone allows?

I know there were a bunch of Cousins haters but Cousins was not fully healthy. With the theory that Warriors don't mind paying luxury tax, signing Cousins gives the Warriors early Bird rights to Cousins in the 2020 off-season.

Any non-Warriors players that the Warriors sign with a DPE wil have to leave the team at the end of the year because the Warriors are over the cap. Can teams use a dpe to sign their own players.

Celtics got a DPE for Gordon Hayward. If the Warriors get DPEs for both Klay and KD can the combine them?

I think Livingston with his las year picked upcould be combined with a lot of cash and draft picks to trade for a good young player.

I am thinking about how to win the 2021 championship.

Stats said that the DPE can only be used on one player. Cannot be combined, and is only a one year offer. Possibly 9 mil.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,076

Post#44 » by wco81 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:21 am

Maybe the DPE could be used on someone who wanted a 4-year like $80 million deal but doesn't get it so he says **** it, I'll go one year for DPE with the Warriors.

For instance, someone in a situation like Rozier, who's a RFA. Celtics may lose Kyrie and Ainge supposedly loves Rozier but the Celtics fans on RGM seem fed up with him. Celtics are looking at increasing payroll problems so they may try to low-ball him. Of course more than likely they re-sign him so they can trade him if nothing else.

Or if someone like Oubre doesn't get a good enough deal.

There are going to be a lot of buyers this year so the chances of a decent player slipping through and scrambling for the scraps the Warriors would be offering may be low.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,654

Post#45 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:34 am

What would Patrick Beverly cost?
When the Warriors play shot blocking big men I would be fine with Steph Curry playing off guard defensively.
SpreeChokeJob
Veteran
And1: 1,389

Post#46 » by SpreeChokeJob » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:31 am

Depends if KD signs max. If no, trade iguodala and begin rebuild process. If yes, then shoot for playoffs, sign McGee.

The league has the blueprint to beat the Warriors. The Warriors are no longer light years ahead but sound years behind. Never should have lost Jerry West. The league has countered the switching defense and three point shooting of the Warriors. It was obvious, but the organization didn't make any adjustments and that is why all these injuries happened.
Mr Loggins
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,408

Post#47 » by Mr Loggins » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:42 am

so with two top-25 players (or higher, pending where you rank Draymond).....tanking is the way to go?
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,282

Post#48 » by Sleepy51 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:56 am

In a word, yes. Strategic tanking extended the Spurs dominance to almost two decades. If it’s good enough for them it’s good enough for us.

Enjoy the year without us in the mix. Maybe your fav team can get a participation trophy while we’re chillin?
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
Drygon
Veteran
And1: 4,723

Post#49 » by Drygon » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:04 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
wco81 wrote:Problem with getting rid of Iggy and Livingston is that it just saves luxury tax money, not improve the team.

They won't easily find replacements who could play key minutes. Dumping salary is just part of a tank.

Even if the savings on their salaries could be rolled over into enough space, as soon as they sign Draymond, they won't have space again.

They won't deal Iguodala and if they tried, he'd probably just retire. He's worth every penny based on his playoff contributions.

Livingston has been battling a knee problem all year and has suffered on the defensive end. He's gonna call it quits imo.

The guy is cheap....like cheap. He's a great rebounder from the wing spot. Like elite. I believe his shooting will improve. He just needs more consistency. As guys age they tend to find their place. I love him for his cost to value. He should only get better.

Eh.... McKinnie is crap.

There's a reason why Kevin Durant was forced back despite being nowhere near 100% ready....

He is not good enough for a Championship contending team.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,672

Post#50 » by whatisacenter » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:54 pm

Yeah, if KD does stay with the Warriors and is out for the season like predicted they would most likely be given a DPE of 9.25 mil. So I see the best case scenario for next season being Klay and KD staying, Boogie decides to stay one more season, using the 9.25 DPE, the 5.7 MLE and Klay making it back for the playoffs. The luxury tax hit would be massive but if Lacob wants to open Chase with a team with playoff hopes then this is the only way I see it happening. We can only dream, right?
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#51 » by Mylie10 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:41 pm

whatisacenter wrote:Yeah, if KD does stay with the Warriors and is out for the season like predicted they would most likely be given a DPE of 9.25 mil. So I see the best case scenario for next season being Klay and KD staying, Boogie decides to stay one more season, using the 9.25 DPE, the 5.7 MLE and Klay making it back for the playoffs. The luxury tax hit would be massive but if Lacob wants to open Chase with a team with playoff hopes then this is the only way I see it happening. We can only dream, right?

Lets assume KD resigns with the Warriors. If that's the case, we only get the DPE if KD DOES NOT come back at any point next season. He cannot play a single game, even the playoffs.

The DPE can only be a one year signing. If they do this, its to try and make the playoffs and see what they could do without a chance of KD entering the building to play in the playoffs. So you don't get the player you sign coming back, unless there's a way to figure it out the following season (which will be Draymond's payday)

Gonna be a really interesting off season for multiple reasons.

Go to my thread on adding cheap talent. We need to add bodies with skills and give them a full years tryout to get this bench set for when Klay and KD get right.
Khoee wrote “
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,158

Post#52 » by xdrta+ » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:01 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:Yeah, if KD does stay with the Warriors and is out for the season like predicted they would most likely be given a DPE of 9.25 mil. So I see the best case scenario for next season being Klay and KD staying, Boogie decides to stay one more season, using the 9.25 DPE, the 5.7 MLE and Klay making it back for the playoffs. The luxury tax hit would be massive but if Lacob wants to open Chase with a team with playoff hopes then this is the only way I see it happening. We can only dream, right?

Lets assume KD resigns with the Warriors. If that's the case, we only get the DPE if KD DOES NOT come back at any point next season. He cannot play a single game, even the playoffs.

The DPE can only be a one year signing. If they do this, its to try and make the playoffs and see what they could do without a chance of KD entering the building to play in the playoffs. So you don't get the player you sign coming back, unless there's a way to figure it out the following season (which will be Draymond's payday)

Gonna be a really interesting off season for multiple reasons.

Go to my thread on adding cheap talent. We need to add bodies with skills and give them a full years tryout to get this bench set for when Klay and KD get right.

That's not quite how it works. If the Warriors apply for a DPE, an NBA-designated physician or Fitness to Play panel determines whether the player is substantially more likely than not to be unable to play through the following June 15. If the disabled player comes back sooner than expected (which he is allowed to do) he may be activated immediately, and the replacement player is not affected.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,110

Post#53 » by clyde21 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:04 pm

we better not use that DPE on Cousins
KDBG
Starter
And1: 1,368

Post#54 » by KDBG » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:21 pm

You guys are being slept on, this may be the funnest next season for you guys in years. You're telling me a prime, Steph/Dray team with MORE depth will be fighting for the playoffs? Nah, will be one of the best teams in the league.

Will be a scrappy top 4 seed. Wow, puts in to perspective how hard it is to get players like you guys.
Muscles
Senior
And1: 270

Post#55 » by Muscles » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:28 pm

Read on Twitter
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,015

Post#56 » by GQ Hot Dog » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:32 pm

Drygon wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:

Eh.... McKinnie is crap.

There's a reason why Kevin Durant was forced back despite being nowhere near 100% ready....

He is not good enough for a Championship contending team.

This is crazy. McKinnie is a fantastic athlete, coming off his rookie season, that needs to learn how to defend which is the skill that a young player is most likely to learn later than any other skill. If he gets stronger, learns to move his feet and anticipate on defense(which can be learned) and shoots just marginally better from 3(36% this past season), he'll be an extremely valuable forward off the bench.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager

Post#57 » by GQ Hot Dog » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:34 pm

Muscles wrote:
Read on Twitter

My only question: What the hell does "I'm at ya necks" mean?
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
GS Warriors 1
General Manager
And1: 456

Post#58 » by GS Warriors 1 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:48 pm

thinkingwarriors wrote:
Muscles wrote:
Read on Twitter

He's going to attack opposing C's necks :lol:

Sounds like he wants to come back, at least.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager

Post#59 » by GQ Hot Dog » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:58 pm

GS Warriors 1 wrote:
thinkingwarriors wrote:
Muscles wrote:
Read on Twitter

He's going to attack opposing C's necks :lol:

Sounds like he wants to come back, at least.

Maybe it's a Sprewell reference which means Boogie is a Warrior for life!!!
The hottest of takes...
Nadeem
Sophomore
And1: 34

Post#60 » by Nadeem » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:34 pm

Dont know if its been mentioned on here but ESPN are saying we are interested in Dion Waiters

Return to Golden State Warriors