ImageImageImageImageImage

Draymond....odd man out?

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,400

Draymond....odd man out? 

Post#1 » by ILOVEIT » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:38 pm

Doesn't this just come down to math gang?

Assuming Klay and Durant get max deals and spend next year healing up, doesn't it make sense to move Draymond NOW for either high draft pick OR multiple smaller contracts?

Is he worth #3 or #4 pick?

What kind of value would the Warriors get if they offered Green?

Is Green the heart of the Warriors up to now...yes....BUT CAN THE WARRIORS SIGN ALL FOUR TO MAX CONTRACTS? :noway:

I think the move is to move a piece that has value....groom either young draft picks in a tank year...or get some scoring help and depth for Curry and a returning Klay.

Thoughts?
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Re: Draymond....odd man out? 

Post#2 » by xdrta+ » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:45 pm

If I were GM, I'd offer him the extension this summer, 4yr/$100M, which is the max they can offer. If he declines, then all bets are off, think about trades, think about what happens when he's a FA next summer. If Draymond has a lick of sense, he'll take the extension and we start setting up for 20-21.
BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Post#3 » by BW32 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:55 pm

Like pointed above saying Dray is gonna get offered a max extension doesn't mean he's getting a CP3 deal, it's 100 mil over 4 years for a guy that has helped the team win 3 rings.

He'll probably suck at the end, I'm cool with that.
jaymo123
Starter

Post#4 » by jaymo123 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:33 am

If Dray doesn't accept an extension this year, trade him. Unfortunately, your not really going to get much for Draymond because of his shooting. The best option may be a deal to Utah for Korver and Crowder or Portland for Harkless and Leonard unless another piece is involved.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#5 » by Coxy » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:59 am

I'm going to avoid this thread because It won't end well.

killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#6 » by killmongrel » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:23 am

Draymond is my favorite player but I seriously have no idea what the front office is even thinking about when it comes to him. I just don't see them handicapping themselves paying a 30+ year old who has been battling against gigantic centers for years.
jamesnamida
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,048

Post#7 » by jamesnamida » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:38 am

Only odd man out of Durant leaves and he gets a good return.
If KD stays you run it back with Different role players.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#8 » by Mylie10 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:11 am

ILOVEIT has been trying to dump Draymond for a while now.

I'm not comfortable dealing big winners.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
CS707
Head Coach
And1: 6,264

Post#9 » by CS707 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:39 am

We’ll have a several bad contracts in a few years... what’s one more?
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#10 » by GQ Hot Dog » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:10 am

Can someone tell me exactly why he's not going to age well? He's a barrel chested, big-bodied, defensive minded forward with a 7ft wingspan who relies on strength, IQ and intensity, not quickness or athleticism. He's been durable his whole career and as long as he keeps the weight off he should remain durable. As he ages he'll be less able to handle the quickest players but, again, as long as he stays trim he'll be fine. I don't see any reason why he won't remain similarly effective until he's in his mid-30s.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Post#11 » by xdrta+ » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:13 am

thinkingwarriors wrote:Can someone tell me exactly why he's not going to age well? He's a barrel chested, big-bodied, defensive minded forward with a 7ft wingspan who relies on strength, IQ and intensity, not quickness or athleticism. He's been durable his whole career and as long as he keeps the weight off he should remain durable. As he ages he'll be less able to handle the quickest players but, again, as long as he stays trim he'll be fine. I don't see any reason why he won't remain similarly effective until he's in his mid-30s.

Well, his wingspan should age just fine.
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,691

Post#12 » by DAWill1128 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:13 am

I think you pay him and the reason I think he may age well is because of Dennis Rodman who was a high energy IQ guy was able too as well. I think Draymonds strength to us is chipiness that gets under opponets skin.

Ink KD and Durant to 5 year deals and Draymond to a 4 year deal. Pay these guys to get some more finals runs in. The Lakers and Rockets are likely to bow out before us with LeBron and Paul being 35. Just try to clear the decks all the same year. If they want to come back after that 5 year mark then they will be supporting players to a new big star we get in free agency.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,334

Post#13 » by KevinMcreynolds » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:57 am

Give Steph, Klay and Dray what they want. KD is a huge added bonus. Resign Looney too.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,183

Post#14 » by clyde21 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:26 am

there is no time to be sentimental, if Dray doesnt want that extension, trade it is...especially if Klay/KD resign...we need to start looking forward and Dray is not gonna age well at all
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 424

Post#15 » by superunknown » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:02 am

he's not a max player. it's just that simple.
if he is willing to sign that extension fine, if he wants more money then he's gonna get that money elsewhere.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,400

Post#16 » by ILOVEIT » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:53 pm

superunknown wrote:he's not a max player. it's just that simple.
if he is willing to sign that extension fine, if he wants more money then he's gonna get that money elsewhere.

I just called Bob on KNBR to offer up the idea. His take was that as long as Draymond accepts a non-max extension then you keep him. He talked about a 20 Million per year.

I'm not trying to DUMP Green...I'm trying to make sure he doesn't leave for 0 when, in two years, Lacob and company decide they aren't going to sign him.

Here's the question...and it's not complicated folks?

Are the Warriors willing to Sign 3 players to the MAX AND a player like Draymond to 20 Million? If yes...fine...it SOUNDS good to keep Draymond.

But in either case....I think the best LONG term move is to convert Draymond to YOUNG CHEAP talent...NOW. :)

Next year is a tank year...how fat do you think Draymond will get in a tank year....lol
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,134

Post#17 » by cpower » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:07 pm

clyde21 wrote:there is no time to be sentimental, if Dray doesnt want that extension, trade it is...especially if Klay/KD resign...we need to start looking forward and Dray is not gonna age well at all

it is pretty simple.
KD/Curry/Klay is not good enough defensively to win a championship without a very very good defensive anchor.
Green/Curry/Klay is more balanced and has a better chance of winning the ring, but i doubt Bob will go for this option.
Unless you are trading Green for Gobert, i honestly don't see how we will end up better in a year or two.
End of era if you ask me.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#18 » by GQ Hot Dog » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:07 pm

clyde21 wrote:there is no time to be sentimental, if Dray doesnt want that extension, trade it is...especially if Klay/KD resign...we need to start looking forward and Dray is not gonna age well at all

Why don't you think he won't age well. I would imagine a defensive minded forward that relies on IQ, strength and hustle would age particularly well.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
BW32
Lead Assistant

Post#19 » by BW32 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:20 pm

thinkingwarriors wrote:

Why don't you think he won't age well. I would imagine a defensive minded forward that relies on IQ, strength and hustle would age particularly well.

He doesn't take care of his body, atleast not like the top level commitment guys ala Lebron.

Also you can't be an old hustle guy that just doesn't work, even Jason Kidd had to add a 3 point shot and he was a point god.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,183

Post#20 » by clyde21 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:45 pm

thinkingwarriors wrote:

i mean, he's still only 28 and already paces himself in the RS. he's an undersized pf/c who has been banging his entire career against bigger players. not a great athlete and it's only going to get worse with age (will affect his transition game considerably).

i don't think he's gonna be bad or anything, but i'm not comfortable giving him max money...not when we're already giving Klay/Steph/Kd (if Kd resigns).

Return to Golden State Warriors