ImageImageImageImageImage

Roster predictions

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Re: Roster predictions 

Post#241 » by Mylie10 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:40 am

Until Klay gets back I expect Kerr to start McKinnie. Mostly because of familiarity.

We only have so many guys who know the defensive schemes and assignments right now. Kerr is gonna have to lean heavily on that until the new guys can figure things out.

Expect lots of growing pains early on in this process.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,138

Post#242 » by watch1958 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:44 am

Mylie10 wrote:Until Klay gets back I expect Kerr to start McKinnie. Mostly because of familiarity.

We only have so many guys who know the defensive schemes and assignments right now. Kerr is gonna have to lean heavily on that until the new guys can figure things out.

I agree, at the start of things. But I think they will take a long hard look at GRIII. He has experience at SF, and during his 3 years with the Pacers was a much better 3FG shooter than McKinnie has shown. (Especially on the corner 3s.) I haven't seen Alfonzo adding much on defense, so we will have to see how far familiarity gets him.

If I was GRIII. I think I'd take Ron Adams to breakfast every day.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#243 » by Mylie10 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:47 am

watch1958 wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:Until Klay gets back I expect Kerr to start McKinnie. Mostly because of familiarity.

I agree, at the start of things. But I think they will take a long hard look at GRIII. He has experience at SF, and during his 3 years with the Pacers was a much better 3FG shooter than McKinnie has shown. (Especially on the corner 3s.) I haven't seen Alfonzo adding much on defense, so we will have to see how far familiarity gets him.

If I was GRIII. I think I'd take Ron Adams to breakfast every day.

I'm not expecting much from Robinson at all. He's been underwhelming.

McKinnie can hang his hat on being an elite rebounder at his position. We need rebounding. Right?
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,022

Post#244 » by Scoots1994 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:43 am

"Evans is trash" is just so dumb. He's not a good shooter, and he's looked overwhelmed, but when are people going to learn that you can't give up on every player who doesn't show out the gate, particularly when they go to a great team. As far as I can tell the only fan base who have learned this lesson is the Spurs.

SF is an issue of course, but I didn't see many options for them to fill the position with anyone that would be any kind of exciting. They appear to be betting on development big. How many teams have solid answers at every position? The Lakers have major questions at 3 positions, The Clippers two best players play the same position, and their next 3 are bench players, The Rockets have 2 PGs, 2 SGs, and a C in their top 5 and their "best" SF is a 6'6" PF playing SF.

Just try to enjoy the game.

Return to Golden State Warriors