ImageImageImageImageImage

Where do you stand? Hang onto Durant Warriors or move on?

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Your the GM...hang onto Durant for a shot at 2021 or let him go and shift back to #StrengthinNumbers

Poll ended at Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:15 am

Cut him loose.
16%
Re-sign him come back in 2021 with him.
84%

Total votes: 43

Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Re: Where do you stand? Hang onto Durant Warriors or move on? 

Post#21 » by Scoots1994 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:36 am

Make the offer, but it's up to him.
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,390

Post#22 » by svart » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:05 am

I'll make him an offer, he earned that right. i'll work with him if he wants a s&t to maximize his salary . And i'll let him go and cheer for him if he wants that. But i won't cry if he signs elsewhere.
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#23 » by KevinMcreynolds » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:06 pm

thinkingwarriors wrote:So I'm sure everyone has heard the rumors that KD is pissed off at the Warriors. I still don't understand this. The Warriors must have heard other people speculating that the initial problem was achilles related from the way it looked. If the MRIs and team doctors said it was the calf and there was no evidence it was the achilles one would imagine they would urge KD to get a second opinion, not just to cya but just because no decent person would want him to jeopardize his future if it indeed was an achilles injury. According to Kerr that's exactly what he did, got the go ahead from the second opinion and felt well enough to play.

So why is he mad at the Warriors? Is there any reason to believe they didn't do their due diligence and rushed him back knowing or suspecting there was a risk of a torn achilles?

He’s not, it was a Ric Bucher story.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
CS707
Head Coach
And1: 6,286

Post#24 » by CS707 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:14 pm

thinkingwarriors wrote:So I'm sure everyone has heard the rumors that KD is pissed off at the Warriors. I still don't understand this. The Warriors must have heard other people speculating that the initial problem was achilles related from the way it looked. If the MRIs and team doctors said it was the calf and there was no evidence it was the achilles one would imagine they would urge KD to get a second opinion, not just to cya but just because no decent person would want him to jeopardize his future if it indeed was an achilles injury. According to Kerr that's exactly what he did, got the go ahead from the second opinion and felt well enough to play.

So why is he mad at the Warriors? Is there any reason to believe they didn't do their due diligence and rushed him back knowing or suspecting there was a risk of a torn achilles?

Ric Bucher is the one pushing that rumor and he's been on the extreme end of rumor mongering the KD situation from the beginning. I'm sure KD dealt with a variety of emotions immediately following the injury including the likely "F these idiots the cleared me" which is why it's probably good that he's taking a couple of weeks to sort that out. Hard to say where his headspace is at right now as I'm sure he's getting plenty of people with agendas of their own telling him that the Warriors did him wrong.
Outside
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,251

Post#25 » by Outside » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:22 pm

Of course they should keep Durant. Max him. Duh.

All this noise about him is fed by people who a) don't know anything; b) have their own agendas; c) are Durant haters; and/or d) are Warriors haters. Of course it's possible that he leaves, but all this noise is coming from people in the above categories.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM

Post#26 » by KevinMcreynolds » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:20 pm

Outside wrote:Of course they should keep Durant. Max him. Duh.

All this noise about him is fed by people who a) don't know anything; b) have their own agendas; c) are Durant haters; and/or d) are Warriors haters. Of course it's possible that he leaves, but all this noise is coming from people in the above categories.

I agree when it comes to guys like Bucher, B-Windy and Haynes, who are just click baiters and PR people for NBA stars, but guys I actually trust like Zach Lowe and Howard Beck say he's as good as gone. I don't think there's any chance he's staying.

Outside
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,251

Post#27 » by Outside » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:33 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:

I agree when it comes to guys like Bucher, B-Windy and Haynes, who are just click baiters and PR people for NBA stars, but guys I actually trust like Zach Lowe and Howard Beck say he's as good as gone. I don't think there's any chance he's staying.

I also trust what Lowe and Beck say over most anyone else, but I haven't heard exactly what they said (is it on a Lowe Post podcast?). Did they have inside info that he's gone, or are they just looking at the situation as outside observers and thinking he's gone? Did they say that before he tore his Achilles or after?

We'll see soon enough. I'm basically going to tune everything out until he announces his decision. Maybe we'll have another eventful July 4.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM

Post#28 » by KevinMcreynolds » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:50 pm

Outside wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:

I also trust what Lowe and Beck say over most anyone else, but I haven't heard exactly what they said (is it on a Lowe Post podcast?). Did they have inside info that he's gone, or are they just looking at the situation as outside observers and thinking he's gone? Did they say that before he tore his Achilles or after?

We'll see soon enough. I'm basically going to tune everything out until he announces his decision. Maybe we'll have another eventful July 4.

yeah on their podcasts

Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#29 » by Mylie10 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:20 pm

If we want to be in the conversation for Championships, them there is only one choice. I'll let you guys figure it out.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
DaHef
Pro Prospect
And1: 170

Post#30 » by DaHef » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:11 am

I'm thinking the real question is, "If KD says he will sign for 5 years if they trade Green, would you trade Green to keep KD"?
I would say yes if they could get a decent haul for Green. Like a lottery pick and a player.. Call it a tank year, come back with KD and KT and a couple of lottery picks.
(remember, Green called KD a bitc# in front of the world. I'm not so sure KD forgot that.)
If Green stays, I expect KD to opt in just to re-hab and move on if Green is still around in a year) JMO Hope I'm wrong.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,662

Post#31 » by Coxy » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:45 am

Of course sign him. If he wants to stay, fine, but we then at least have a massive trade piece to move for assets to return to us. No brainer.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#32 » by azwfan » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:02 am

We got Smailagic, why we need KD? 8-)
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,198

Post#33 » by clyde21 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:29 am

how is this even a Q? yes, if he wants to come back you give him full max easily.

now Dray is more of a discussion.
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#34 » by shazam_guy » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:23 pm

Not for me.
jaymo123
Starter
And1: 763

Post#35 » by jaymo123 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:38 pm

If he wants to stay more than a year, then sign him. If not, let him go or work a sign-&-trade.
Muscles
Senior
And1: 270

Post#36 » by Muscles » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:57 pm

No chance KD comes back here. I thought we had a shot, but Im pretty sure he is going to Nets at this point. GS should sign and trade.
ChuckS
Bench Warmer
And1: 213

Post#37 » by ChuckS » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:06 am

SAS(mith) and other talking heads have also suggested the extra year and higher raises might encourage a sign and trade.

But if the following article is correct, they would not be available in a sign and trade. I'll defer to someone familiar with the contract. (See Item 1.)

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2017/05/why-nba-sign-and-trades-are-rare.html

If correct, it would seem unlikely the player would want to so decimate his new team (particularly KD, considering his proposed salary).
bballguy50
Veteran
And1: 108

Post#38 » by bballguy50 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:29 am

Unless KD somehow does us a favor to S&T, it’s feeling more and more likely that he will just sign outright with the Nets.

If that happens, what does that leave us with? MLE and Vet Min guys?
CS707
Head Coach
And1: 6,286

Post#39 » by CS707 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:59 am

bballguy50 wrote:Unless KD somehow does us a favor to S&T, it’s feeling more and more likely that he will just sign outright with the Nets.

Nothings really changed though. We always knew he was going to opt out and explore his options. If anything I think our odds have improved.
bballguy50
Veteran
And1: 108

Post#40 » by bballguy50 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:37 am

gst8 wrote:
bballguy50 wrote:Unless KD somehow does us a favor to S&T, it’s feeling more and more likely that he will just sign outright with the Nets.

Nothings really changed though. We always knew he was going to opt out and explore his options. If anything I think our odds have improved.

How do you figure? Maybe since he gave us a discount in the past, us giving him the 5-year max is coming full-circle basically?

Return to Golden State Warriors