ImageImageImageImageImage

Livingston guarantee date pushed back

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,248

Livingston guarantee date pushed back 

Post#1 » by xdrta+ » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:32 pm

Shaun Livingston, who originally had a guarantee date of June 30 on his contract, has agreed to push that date back to July 10, reports Charania. Livingston has a partial guarantee of $2MM on his $7.7MM salary, and the Warriors now have more time to decide whether to retain him at that price.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Re: Livingston guarantee date pushed back 

Post#2 » by Mylie10 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:35 pm

Sound more like they want flexibility in making a separate deal.

They may have spoken to Livingston to run a potential trade idea by him, before de iding on several things like retirent, versus another year and his 7 million dollars.

They may need to use his 7 million in a trade deal. Or maybe waiving him and only sucking down the 2 million for other reasons.

Very interesting.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
xdrta+
General Manager

Post#3 » by xdrta+ » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:54 pm

Mylie10 wrote:Sound more like they want flexibility in making a separate deal.

They may have spoken to Livingston to run a potential trade idea by him, before de iding on several things like retirent, versus another year and his 7 million dollars.

They may need to use his 7 million in a trade deal. Or maybe waiving him and only sucking down the 2 million for other reasons.

Very interesting.

Jae Crowder would be a nice contingency plan for the Warriors should they lose Kevin Durant in free agency, Kevin Pelton contends in a piece for ESPN+. Pelton argues a deal that sends Crowder, who has one year left on his contract, to Golden State for Shaun Livingston and a future first-rounder makes sense for both sides.

Once Livingston is guaranteed, they make almost exactly the same next year.
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,839

Post#4 » by giberish » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:02 pm

xdrta+ wrote:

Very interesting.

Jae Crowder would be a nice contingency plan for the Warriors should they lose Kevin Durant in free agency, Kevin Pelton contends in a piece for ESPN+. Pelton argues a deal that sends Crowder, who has one year left on his contract, to Golden State for Shaun Livingston and a future first-rounder makes sense for both sides.

I figure there's 2 plans. If KD stays then they'll look to salary dump Livingston on a team with cap space. Livingston + $4M cash for nothing ($2M to pay the guaranteed part and $2M as incentive). GS's luxury tax rate with KD will be so huge that still saves money for the team.

If KD leaves they'll try to use Livignston in a trade. The team really needs to add 2 credible wings, and at best are getting one with tax MLE money. For Crowder, they wouldn't have to fully guarantee Livingson to match salaries, just $4M or so (assuming Memphis looks to waive him).
Swift21
General Manager
And1: 457

Post#5 » by Swift21 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:13 pm

I'm not giving up a first round pick for Crowder. You can find someone in FA for the vet minimum as good as him.
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#6 » by ChuckDurn » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:27 pm

Swift21 wrote:I'm not giving up a first round pick for Crowder. You can find someone in FA for the vet minimum as good as him.

I agree about not giving up a first-round pick..... but if we could do something like giving up our #1 in 2021 (top-20 protected, or something such) and getting back Memphis' second round pick, I'd absolutely be in for it.

(i.e. I'd give up a #1 if I got a #2 back, particularly from a team in which that #2 should be pretty high.)
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
xdrta+
General Manager

Post#7 » by xdrta+ » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:28 pm

giberish wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:

Very interesting.

I figure there's 2 plans. If KD stays then they'll look to salary dump Livingston on a team with cap space. Livingston + $4M cash for nothing ($2M to pay the guaranteed part and $2M as incentive). GS's luxury tax rate with KD will be so huge that still saves money for the team.

If KD leaves they'll try to use Livignston in a trade. The team really needs to add 2 credible wings, and at best are getting one with tax MLE money. For Crowder, they wouldn't have to fully guarantee Livingson to match salaries, just $4M or so (assuming Memphis looks to waive him).

To take back Crowder's $7.8M, I believe they would have to send out about $6.2M. The Warriors can take back 125% +$100k of their outgoing salary.
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#8 » by ChuckDurn » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:44 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
giberish wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:

To take back Crowder's $7.8M, I believe they would have to send out about $6.2M. The Warriors can take back 125% +$100k of their outgoing salary.

Livingston's full (planned) salary of $7.7M would be counted in the trade, so the deal could be made "straight-up" from a salary perspective.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
statsman
Analyst
And1: 438

Post#9 » by statsman » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:57 pm

ChuckDurn wrote:Livingston's full (planned) salary of $7.7M would be counted in the trade, so the deal could be made "straight-up" from a salary perspective.

Any trade of a contract with partially guaranteed money can only count the guaranteed amount. In Livingston's case, he counts as $2M in a trade until his 2019-20 season is fully guaranteed.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#10 » by killmongrel » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:11 pm

Swift21 wrote:I'm not giving up a first round pick for Crowder. You can find someone in FA for the vet minimum as good as him.

What? Please do tell. This could have been valuable to us last summer.
statsman
Analyst
And1: 438

Post#11 » by statsman » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:20 pm

Not to worry. The trade can't be done while Livingston's contract is not fully guaranteed. The Warriors would have to add more salary to the trade.
xdrta+
General Manager

Post#12 » by xdrta+ » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:00 pm

statsman wrote:

Not to worry. The trade can't be done while Livingston's contract is not fully guaranteed. The Warriors would have to add more salary to the trade.

As mentioned above, that may well be why they pushed back the guarantee date.
jamesnamida
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,048

Post#13 » by jamesnamida » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:26 pm

Clips want to get rid of gallo for cap space.
I would love to get Livingston and +
For gallo. No idea if we can.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#14 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:38 pm

I'm guessing they were going to let him go, but they let him know that if he pushed it past free agency there would be a chance they'd keep him depending on how things went.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#15 » by killmongrel » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:51 pm

jamesnamida wrote:Clips want to get rid of gallo for cap space.

Would have to give up Iguodala and Livingston.
EDIT: Oh, clear cap space? It won't work.
jamesnamida
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,048

Post#16 » by jamesnamida » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:39 am

killmongrel wrote:

Would have to involve s 3rd team for iggy.
Wouldn’t be a bad replacement if Durant leaves. Curry would open up the floor for him. Assuming gallo can stay healthy.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#17 » by azwfan » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:17 am

statsman wrote:
ChuckDurn wrote:Livingston's full (planned) salary of $7.7M would be counted in the trade, so the deal could be made "straight-up" from a salary perspective.

Any trade of a contract with partially guaranteed money can only count the guaranteed amount. In Livingston's case, he counts as $2M in a trade until his 2019-20 season is fully guaranteed.

Information i was not aware of. Thanks for the additional insight.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 437

Post#18 » by superunknown » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:07 pm

jamesnamida wrote:
killmongrel wrote:

Would have to involve s 3rd team for iggy.
Wouldn’t be a bad replacement if Durant leaves. Curry would open up the floor for him. Assuming gallo can stay healthy.

he can't, that's the bottom line (so far). therefore, no.

Return to Golden State Warriors