ImageImageImageImageImage

(UPDATE) Shams/Woj: Warriors/Nets agree to S&T involving D'Angelo Russell. 4 years/$117M

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Re: (UPDATE) Shams/Woj: Warriors/Nets agree to S&T involving D'Angelo Russell. 4 years/$117M 

Post#221 » by Quazza » Tue Jul 2, 2019 12:21 am

so there isn't even anything in regards to the D Lo on our website yet

Can't help but think there's a lot more to play out
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
CalGTR
Junior
And1: 248

Re: (UPDATE) Shams/Woj: Warriors/Nets agree to S&T involving D'Angelo Russell. 4 years/$117M 

Post#222 » by CalGTR » Tue Jul 2, 2019 12:26 am

Quazza wrote:so there isn't even anything in regards to the D Lo on our website yet

Can't help but think there's a lot more to play out

W's can't say (or print) a word for another few days yet.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#223 » by Coxy » Tue Jul 2, 2019 12:32 am

Who says no to this re-routed trade idea.

Wolves trade - Wiggins / KAT

Warriors trade - Draymond / D-Lo

Wolves lose KAT, but also move Wiggins contract and get Dray a true winner, and D Lo to run the point for the franchise.

Warriors eat Wiggins deal, and lose heart and soul Draybeast, but get KAT to form a 4 headed core of Steph/Klay/Wiggins/KAT.
BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Post#224 » by BW32 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 12:35 am

I truly believe the Wolves wouldn't trade KAT for anything short of Giannis. Not about talent just that he's their guy all the way.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#225 » by Coxy » Tue Jul 2, 2019 12:37 am

BW32 wrote:I truly believe the Wolves wouldn't trade KAT for anything short of Giannis. Not about talent just that he's their guy all the way.

Until free agency visits.
BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Post#226 » by BW32 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 12:37 am

Coxy wrote:
BW32 wrote:I truly believe the Wolves wouldn't trade KAT for anything short of Giannis. Not about talent just that he's their guy all the way.

Until free agency visits.

Teams like that wait till the final hour tho, Pelicans style.
donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Post#227 » by donkeylips » Tue Jul 2, 2019 12:37 am

Twolves say no easily. Draymond and Russell aren’t a playoff team in the west and their goal is to pair Russell with kat
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,375

Post#228 » by ILOVEIT » Tue Jul 2, 2019 12:42 am

Giannis and Anthony Davis are both going to be up for grabs next year....I hold onto Russel...let the season play out and then at the end of 2020 (or at the trade deadline if AD is saying he's had enough of LeBron...yes!) use Russel AND Draymond....if needed...to land Giannis or AD.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#229 » by Mylie10 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 1:54 am

Coxy wrote:Who says no to this re-routed trade idea.

Wolves lose KAT, but also move Wiggins contract and get Dray a true winner, and D Lo to run the point for the franchise.

Warriors eat Wiggins deal, and lose heart and soul Draybeast, but get KAT to form a 4 headed core of Steph/Klay/Wiggins/KAT.

I guess you haven't seen my automatic VTB requirement for suggesting Wiggins to the Warriors. He an all time bust dude, don't mention him again.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,112

Post#230 » by cpower » Tue Jul 2, 2019 2:07 am

KAT is great offensive weapon but this team will end up with no defensive player. I say both says no .. also Wiggins is a negative player :roll:
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,326

Post#231 » by KevinMcreynolds » Tue Jul 2, 2019 2:15 am

donkeylips wrote:Twolves say no easily. Draymond and Russell aren’t a playoff team in the west and their goal is to pair Russell with kat

do the Wolves even want to make the playoffs? They fired Thibs after he brought them to the playoffs for the 1st time in 15 years or whatever :lol:
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Coxy
RealGM

Post#232 » by Coxy » Tue Jul 2, 2019 2:38 am

Mylie10 wrote:

I guess you haven't seen my automatic VTB requirement for suggesting Wiggins to the Warriors. He an all time bust dude, don't mention him again.

But.....highlight dunks?
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#233 » by Mylie10 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 2:46 am

Coxy wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:

But.....highlight dunks?

VTB
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#234 » by likashing » Tue Jul 2, 2019 2:46 am

I like Napier. I don’t know why we pay cash to have the T-wolves get him.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
statsman
Analyst
And1: 438

Post#235 » by statsman » Tue Jul 2, 2019 2:47 am

likashing wrote:I like Napier. I don’t know why we pay cash to have the T-wolves get him.

If we're giving the Warriors the benefit of the doubt, I guess it is because they have two players in mind for the vet minimum.

In addition, Napier makes about $225K more than the cost of a 2+ year vet minimum. The Warriors really need that space below the apron for the time being.
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,685

Post#236 » by DAWill1128 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 3:35 am

I would rather have Green and Russell than Wiggins and Towns. Russell could still take another step ar age 23, for some reason Wiggins has not. Not certain Towns has the foot speed to play in all situations. Wiggins is basically Harrison Barnes.
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#237 » by likashing » Tue Jul 2, 2019 4:42 am

statsman wrote:
likashing wrote:I like Napier. I don’t know why we pay cash to have the T-wolves get him.

If we're giving the Warriors the benefit of the doubt, I guess it is because they have two players in mind for the vet minimum.

In addition, Napier makes about $225K more than the cost of a 2+ year vet minimum. The Warriors really need that space below the apron for the time being.

Yes, I think they want "real" min guys in order to take advantage of the cap discount from those guys.

Too bad though as Napier is everything we wanted Cook to be.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Post#238 » by donkeylips » Tue Jul 2, 2019 5:40 am

Wiggins wishes he was Harrison Barnes
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,741

Post#239 » by lars_rosenberg » Tue Jul 2, 2019 5:52 am

I was somewhat excited for Napier. Sad to see him being traded away to save such a small amount of cap :(
Phase 3
Veteran
And1: 758

Post#240 » by Phase 3 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 12:14 pm

Hoping the Warriors can flip Russell before July 6th. He’s not a great fit on the roster(and apparently the Warriors already know this according to those who cover the team)...and his value is pretty high right now.

I like the suggestions here involving the Wolves for Covington, Teague, and a 1st...or to the Magic for Aaron Gordon. There are probably other examples out there of trades that would make the Warriors better.

Bottom line...if they can flip Russell to land another good young talent that fits better(Aaron Gordon for example) or trade him for a few quality role players that fit well, do it.

Return to Golden State Warriors