Trade him
16%

Total votes: 45

likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Re: What do we do with Draymond? 

Post#21 » by likashing » Tue Jul 2, 2019 4:46 am

He says he is interested in talking about an extension. Offer him $100m/4 and see if he is really that interested. We have shown commitment post-KD bringing in D-Lo and have Klay re-signed. Let's see if he really wants to be part of this.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,000

Post#22 » by Mr B » Tue Jul 2, 2019 5:04 pm

cpower wrote:We have to extend him. Of course you can st him for gobert .but i dont think jazz is ok with that.

Green was never an issue for us . Still by far the most consistent player on the team

There is no way Utah would trade Gobert for Draymond. He’s younger and a true center.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,695

Post#23 » by Warriorfan » Tue Jul 2, 2019 6:23 pm

Keep him for now. Give him too much money and then send him out with other assets for a Superstar.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#24 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 6:33 pm

likashing wrote:He says he is interested in talking about an extension. Offer him $100m/4 and see if he is really that interested. We have shown commitment post-KD bringing in D-Lo and have Klay re-signed. Let's see if he really wants to be part of this.

4/100 is a good deal for both sides

He'll want more, but he's not going to have a huge market coming after him and he's one injury away from getting the league minimum.

Don't be like Durant. Don't have all the "is he going to stay" drama linger all season. It isn't worth the extra cash you might get.

Get paid, win, enjoy life.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
FloydWarrior
Junior
And1: 182

Post#25 » by FloydWarrior » Tue Jul 2, 2019 8:31 pm

He's not gonna settle for anything but the max, me thinks. Prepare the wallet Joey light years.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,400

Post#26 » by ILOVEIT » Wed Jul 3, 2019 12:05 am

If Warriors can't get Giannis or AD next year....then we have to keep Green and retire him as a Warrior Champion.

Klay, Curry, Green, DLO and pieces might get it done this year....at least to a WCF.

NEXT year....Warriors just MIGHT be able to translate DLO plus 17 Million exception into a disgruntled AD or Giannis.

Curry, Klay, Giannis, Green....yummy.

But that's all dreaming...right now I'm super happy that Myers and Lacob have continue the dynasty run for this coming year!
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,201

Post#27 » by wco81 » Wed Jul 3, 2019 12:28 am

oaktownwarriors87 wrote:
likashing wrote:He says he is interested in talking about an extension. Offer him $100m/4 and see if he is really that interested. We have shown commitment post-KD bringing in D-Lo and have Klay re-signed. Let's see if he really wants to be part of this.

He'll want more, but he's not going to have a huge market coming after him and he's one injury away from getting the league minimum.

Don't be like Durant. Don't have all the "is he going to stay" drama linger all season. It isn't worth the extra cash you might get.

I don't see how you offer him less than Russell.

Even if its the reality of their respective market values, he's going to take it as a huge slap in the face, after his years of service.

If he balls out all season, plays like he did in the playoffs after losing his weight, then they're going to have to pay him.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,201

Post#28 » by wco81 » Wed Jul 3, 2019 12:29 am

ILOVEIT wrote:If Warriors can't get Giannis or AD next year....then we have to keep Green and retire him as a Warrior Champion.

Klay, Curry, Green, DLO and pieces might get it done this year....at least to a WCF.

NEXT year....Warriors just MIGHT be able to translate DLO plus 17 Million exception into a disgruntled AD or Giannis.

Curry, Klay, Giannis, Green....yummy.

But that's all dreaming...right now I'm super happy that Myers and Lacob have continue the dynasty run for this coming year!

If there's any possibility of signing either, they have to go for it.
BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Post#29 » by BW32 » Wed Jul 3, 2019 12:56 am

If you wanted to wait for Giannis you should have tanked this year, it was what I tought they would go for but I underestimated how much they wanted to avoid a temporary drop.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#30 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Wed Jul 3, 2019 1:32 am

wco81 wrote:
oaktownwarriors87 wrote:

I don't see how you offer him less than Russell.

Even if its the reality of their respective market values, he's going to take it as a huge slap in the face, after his years of service.

If he balls out all season, plays like he did in the playoffs after losing his weight, then they're going to have to pay him.

DA is a 6'5", 23 year old scoring PG and an all-star. That's a high demand player.

Green will be 30 and he still can't shoot the ball and he still struggles against long, athletic players (think Anthony Davis and Pascal).

Green is nice to have, but no one is going to give him a big, long contract
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,695

Post#31 » by Warriorfan » Wed Jul 3, 2019 2:42 am

Let Green go to market and just promise the Warriors are the last meeting.

Load manage Green and Curry. Will see if Green earns supermax as DPOY.
cladden
Analyst
And1: 378

Post#32 » by cladden » Wed Jul 3, 2019 5:50 am

As our cap situation stands you ofcourse just have to sign him. Basically we have to find a way to stay in luxury tax with good contracts until Curry slows down. He wouldn't command nearly as much as his worth in a trade. It's not even close to a hard question. If he were our best player on a young team it might be a little different.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#33 » by East Bay Sports » Wed Jul 3, 2019 5:33 pm

Pay him

Return to Golden State Warriors