WCS incoming per Marcus Thompson

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

DaHef
Junior
And1: 76

Re: WCS incoming per Marcus Thompson 

Post#61 » by DaHef » Wed Jul 3, 2019 11:41 pm

The interview told me 2 things.
He's not crazy about a bunch of stupid questions.
Ron Adams is going to earn his money with this one.
Samurai
Analyst
And1: 1,531

Post#62 » by Samurai » Thu Jul 4, 2019 12:07 am

DaHef wrote:The interview told me 2 things.

After listening to that interview, Ron Adams is going to beg the Lakers for a second interview....
DaHef
Junior
And1: 76

Post#63 » by DaHef » Thu Jul 4, 2019 12:18 am

Samurai wrote:
DaHef wrote:The interview told me 2 things.

After listening to that interview, Ron Adams is going to beg the Lakers for a second interview....

I forgot about that. I hope he isn't waiting on Kawhi also. That would be rich.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 3,343

Post#64 » by City of Trees » Thu Jul 4, 2019 2:25 am

The reporters explaining what scouting meant was hilarious
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 8,590

Post#65 » by Coxy » Thu Jul 4, 2019 5:31 am

beb0p wrote:
Coxy wrote:
City of Trees wrote:Hi guys.

Willie is on record stating he doesn't like to block shots because he injures his hand doing it. That also bleeds into his poor rim protection numbers so don't expect much their either.

He is a great rim runner but he wants to be more.

Any questions ask away.

Hi dude.

1. How do you think he'll respond to Draymond berating him and kicking him in the nuts for every time he doesn't set an A+ screen, or box out with authority, or rotate on defence at a championship level?

2. How do you think he'll respond to Kerr benching for weeks for not rotating on defence the right way?

3. How bad is his weed intake?

1. You don't understand, WCS is not going to take s*** from anyone. He is a mixture of grand delusion and freak of nature. In his mind, he is prime Dwight Howard + Porzingas + Anthony Davis. He is better than Draymond Green in every way so Green better not mess with him. True story: after George Karl benched him for soft defense, he went on a rant and called his coach stupid for not playing one of the best defenders in the league. This was his rookie year and he was nowhere near the best of anything. And still isn't.

2. See above regarding his reaction to George Karl benching.

3. His weed is not the problem, it's his head. He is delusional and he doesn't give a f***. His philosophy is to play just hard enough to get by. You will never find yourself saying, "Wow, WCS is really leaving everything on the floor tonight!" He doesn't like to hustle or draw contact in general. If a small guard just happens to leave a floater in the air he may block it or if a missed shot happens to fall within his area and there is no other players around him, he will grab the rebound. But otherwise, he is not out there looking to block or rebound, especially if it involves a crowd or good positioning. His finishing is very Andris Beidrins-like - he can throw down open dunks/layups but anything more nuance he will likely miss the shot. He is a surprisingly good midrange shooter, but he is not consistent. He is just a freak of nature that does just enough to win/lose you games. When he is engaged he can be a beast, but often times he wasn't. He is not a bad player and not a bad guy, he is just different. He is not really concern about stats, wins, or loses; it seems. He is a misunderstood artist forced to express his art through basketball. There are times when he was playing that you get the feeling he'd rather be at home painting.

I'm glad the Kings are done with him. If the Warriors get more out of him, power to them. For the vet min, he is properly not a bad signing. Just keep in him he is not the typical vet min guy - instead of an aging or less talented player who plays hard, WCS is the opposite - a freak of nature who sometimes don't see the point of hustling.

So, Larry Sanders like then.

If he turns up with this attitude, he'll get chewed out immediately, and will likely be cut after a month. That sort of fluffy effort won't fly with us, especially going into our new arena next year, in our "Point to prove" season.

I'm hoping for the best, wary of the past, and heeding your words. I'll have my pitch fork at the ready should he decide to be a plonker.
“Our guys are f*%#ing giants” - Steve Kerr after Game 5 Victory
SinceGatlingWasARookie
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,212

Post#66 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:11 am

City of Trees wrote:
Coxy wrote:
City of Trees wrote:Ha

1. Willie is actually a good guy. If the criticism is valid he probably listens.

2. Willie believes he is a $100M player. He says he is the same as Porzingis but hasn't had the opportunity to show it yet . If you bench him he will go on a 4 minute free spirit type rant to the media.

3. Supposedly there is a documentary of him while at Kentucky. The weed use was high, allegedly. WCS is an artist, he draws and paints a lot... So yeah lol

So.............. Larry Sanders. You're telling me we have signed Larry Sanders.

Wonderful. :curse:
You decide. I really recommend watching this interview and others of his. Free spirit indeed.

I don't have a problem with that interview. Everything he said made sense. His answers were thoughtful enough.
He might blossom with the Warriors.

The Warriors board seems to have almost forgot that the Warriors signed WCS.
Scoots1994
Pro Prospect
And1: 102

Post#67 » by Scoots1994 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:29 am

WCS is a smart guy who plays hard and plays to win. I don't think anybody forgot he joined the team. It's just that people are stuck on who is going to replace KD and the Warriors answer has been, to most, underwhelming.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 7,922

Post#68 » by Mylie10 » Sat Aug 3, 2019 1:53 am

So here's a question regarding Willie.....Does he have the mental makeup to take the constant barking and berating from Draymond Green?

Stein seems like a really nice happy to lucky type of dude. More chill cat, then junk yard dog. So at first it will be everything is great, and fans will love the fact that we have a center who can score.

But as the season goes on and Willie misses defensive assignments, or doesn't run back hard on defense and gets beat, will he be able to handle Draymond coming correct? Same for Kerr.....he has a very short leash with those types of mistakes, and if it becomes a constant, then Chill Cat, might become Scaredy Cat.

Return to Golden State Warriors