ImageImageImageImageImage

Crazy how we are all to blame for KD leaving

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

beavis15205
Junior
And1: 57

Crazy how we are all to blame for KD leaving 

Post#1 » by beavis15205 » Wed Jul 3, 2019 1:02 am

I hope in his year off he finds a good psychiatrist up in NY. If fans loving Steph and Klay bothers you so much you are not a good teammate and you and Kyrie deserve each other. I always liked him and rooted for him as a Warrior but he's a class a jerk as is his buddy Perk.
bballguy50
Veteran
And1: 108

Re: Crazy how we are all to blame for KD leaving 

Post#2 » by bballguy50 » Wed Jul 3, 2019 3:37 am

I don’t have any ill will toward KD. He was a major piece of a legendary run, and he won’t be forgotten as a Warrior.

But he has the thinnest skin of any major star I can remember in recent memory. Just too many emo millennial moments. I guess in a way it’s fitting that he’s with Kyrie and is friends with Perkins.
DaHef
Pro Prospect
And1: 170

Post#3 » by DaHef » Wed Jul 3, 2019 4:07 am

beavis15205 wrote:I hope in his year off he finds a good psychiatrist up in NY. If fans loving Steph and Klay bothers you so much you are not a good teammate and you and Kyrie deserve each other. I always liked him and rooted for him as a Warrior but he's a class a jerk as is his buddy Perk.

Perk has a problem with Steph and the Warriors. Maybe just jealous. I enjoyed KD, sensitive and all but I hope he realizes that a lot of the NY writers wanted him on the Knicks. It could get salty if things don't go well. I wish him luck but at the same time, I'm stocking up on popcorn.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#4 » by GQ Hot Dog » Wed Jul 3, 2019 4:26 am

I think it's all really over blown. I don't believe the armchair psychologists saying KD didn't feel like he was treated right. I think what it came down to was culture. KD doesn't have a partner, no kids. I think he saw how family oriented the Warriors are with Curry setting the tone, seeing how tight everyone was, and just never felt like he fit in. He came in too late, the culture was already set and he didn't really have a hand in developing it and isn't the sort of guy to just seamlessly fit in. So he moved on to a place where he can be the dominant personality and I hope it works out for him.

I also think he might be gay and that's a tremendous burden to have to carry around in this line of work.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#5 » by HiRez » Wed Jul 3, 2019 4:36 am

I've seen very few people here blaming KD. I certainly don't.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#6 » by Mylie10 » Wed Jul 3, 2019 4:44 am

He wanted to play with his friends.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#7 » by Coxy » Wed Jul 3, 2019 4:56 am

thinkingwarriors wrote:I also think he might be gay and that's a tremendous burden to have to carry around in this line of work.

I thought of this a while back as well. If he is, I hate that he keep it to himself for his career.
InWestWeTrust
Sixth Man
And1: 657

Post#8 » by InWestWeTrust » Wed Jul 3, 2019 5:13 am

We are definitely not to blame. KD made his own choice for his own reasons.

Coxy wrote:
thinkingwarriors wrote:I also think he might be gay and that's a tremendous burden to have to carry around in this line of work.

I thought of this a while back as well. If he is, I hate that he keep it to himself for his career.

Ive thought this for awhile too.
beavis15205
Junior

Post#9 » by beavis15205 » Wed Jul 3, 2019 11:53 am

I've thought that too but I feel if it were Westbrook really hates him I would have expected him to say something like that, he really has very little class.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#10 » by East Bay Sports » Wed Jul 3, 2019 5:36 pm

I don't listen to all the noise surrounding this team and KD. Its all fabricated nonsense.
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#11 » by shazam_guy » Wed Jul 3, 2019 6:07 pm

People like narratives. People don't like to be reminded that things just fall apart after a while. They want reasons. Even when those reasons have to be made up or wildly exaggerated.

Yes, Durant is certainly thin-skinned. But he played great for us, and that was all I cared about. Wish him luck, and he certainly dodged a bullet not going to the Knicks, but he's probably still going to have a rough time with the NY media.
Bayside
Rookie
And1: 610

Post#12 » by Bayside » Wed Jul 3, 2019 8:00 pm

Coxy wrote:

I have thought this too. And him not having a family and kids makes it hard for him to relate to those obligations.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#13 » by KevinMcreynolds » Wed Jul 3, 2019 8:16 pm

I wonder if he knows he's going to the team that was dead last in attendance? That's quite a feat considering the team was good, it's a brand new arena, and it's in the most populated city in the country.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
beavis15205
Junior

Post#14 » by beavis15205 » Wed Jul 3, 2019 9:57 pm

what is the deal with Perkins? How did he get to be his BFF and hate the Warriors so much?
TinoDubs
Junior
And1: 45

Post#15 » by TinoDubs » Wed Jul 3, 2019 10:53 pm

beavis15205 wrote:what is the deal with Perkins? How did he get to be his BFF and hate the Warriors so much?

Everyone hates the Warriors PERIOD!
beavis15205
Junior

Post#16 » by beavis15205 » Thu Jul 4, 2019 1:05 am

true but the NBA didn't mind cashing in on them. However Perk is KD's BFF and hates the Warriors, it says a lot about KD.

What's the deal with KD having issues with Kerr? I'm guessing it had to do with offense of Iso ball vs ball movement but KD knew what he was coming to when he signed. Kerr seems pretty much a player's coach am I wrong?
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Post#17 » by Samurai » Thu Jul 4, 2019 1:14 am

My take is that when KD left OKC to come here, he knew there would be some blowback but was still caught off-guard at how much hate and vitriol people had. He's clearly a sensitive guy and I think all the petty name-calling (snake, cupcake, etc.) and terrible things said about him probably hurt him more than any of us would know.

After going through that terrible experience, he likely had his full set of talking points and excuses ready in response to what he expected to be Round 2 of "let's punch KD below the belt". Only it never really happened; Warrior fans were by and large appreciative of his service and no one on the team or front office bad-mouthed him in the media. But he had all the reasons and excuses prepared and he launched it in an attempt to land the first punch; all well and good but there never was a punch from the fans/team coming. So it just seems odd where people wonder "why is he saying all this stuff; no one is attacking him" but once things get released, you can't "unsay" them.
Frozzy
Starter
And1: 2,020

Post#18 » by Frozzy » Thu Jul 4, 2019 1:27 am

I think people will stop caring about all that gossip **** in retrospect a few years from now. Don't know what's up with KD's head right now but I think everyone knew what we were getting into when Dubs recruited and acquired him.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#19 » by Left*My*Heart » Thu Jul 4, 2019 3:28 pm

He appears to be very jealous of Curry and wanted to be “loved” like Curry. It wouldn’t matter what anyone said or did for him, he was going to feel neglected in the shadow of Curry.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
Muscles
Senior
And1: 270

Post#20 » by Muscles » Thu Jul 4, 2019 4:46 pm

All of these stories about KD discomfort cant be wrong. The guy will be miserable for life. For a guy who says he is about basketball and then about being paid the most, he showed he isn't interested in either. He just wants to follow his buddy Kyrie. So when do we hear about KD being jealous of Kyrie being leader of the Nets? Kyrie has a full year to get that lockerroom under his control.

Return to Golden State Warriors