ImageImageImageImageImage

Crazy how we are all to blame for KD leaving

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

koogiking
Veteran
And1: 1,080

Re: Crazy how we are all to blame for KD leaving 

Post#21 » by koogiking » Thu Jul 4, 2019 8:13 pm

I wouldn't blame the fans. It was Bob "Steph deserves it more" Myers and Draymond "You a bitch" Green. Also the medical staff that pushed him to play on strained achilles
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#22 » by Mylie10 » Thu Jul 4, 2019 8:45 pm

koogiking wrote:I wouldn't blame the fans. It was Bob "Steph deserves it more" Myers and Draymond "You a bitch" Green. Also the medical staff that pushed him to play on strained achilles

Total BS....KD was gone anyhow and he played because he wanted to. His own doctor released him.

KD wants to play with his friends. It's his decision, so be it.

But stop with all of the Bucher speculation that is just pushing all of this fake news.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
beavis15205
Junior
And1: 57

Post#23 » by beavis15205 » Thu Jul 4, 2019 9:30 pm

I'm sick of the BS that they made him play if they wanted to make him play it would have been sooner than game 5. His own docs cleared him.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,688

Post#24 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Fri Jul 5, 2019 6:59 pm

Should have chanted MVP MVP to KD during the Clippers series but our fans only chanted MVP MVP to Steph.

Steph was there first, we drafted him, and guards are more fun to watch than big men but I guess KD wanted to be loved equally.

So we should blame his mother.
CalGTR
Junior
And1: 248

Post#25 » by CalGTR » Fri Jul 5, 2019 7:27 pm

All KD had to do to be accepted as a full-on Warrior the same way we see Steph, Klay, Igoudala, etc. is commit to the team long-term. He never did. It was always year-to-year, and it was only after the 2nd year that the world pretty much knew he was planning to leave. And yet he continued to be cheered and valued by W's fans. He DID receive MVP chants. He was treated well. We all (ok, almost all) wanted him back even knowing he wasn't going to play next year and might never get back to 100%. Pretty much everybody, from the fans to the team itself, did everything they could to make him happy but he was determined to bolt anyway. The real friction didn't start until AFTER it was clear he wanted to leave. It was his right to leave, and we wish him well. We'll long remember the two championships he helped bring us and we'll long remember how he put his health on the line to try to win a third. The bottom line is that KD left because he wanted to leave, not because he was pushed out, or made to feel second-class, or whatever.
xfactor
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,592

Post#26 » by xfactor » Fri Jul 5, 2019 10:36 pm

DaHef wrote:
beavis15205 wrote:I hope in his year off he finds a good psychiatrist up in NY. If fans loving Steph and Klay bothers you so much you are not a good teammate and you and Kyrie deserve each other. I always liked him and rooted for him as a Warrior but he's a class a jerk as is his buddy Perk.

Perk has a problem with Steph and the Warriors. Maybe just jealous. I enjoyed KD, sensitive and all but I hope he realizes that a lot of the NY writers wanted him on the Knicks. It could get salty if things don't go well. I wish him luck but at the same time, I'm stocking up on popcorn.

Quite an understatement regarding Perk's issue with the Dubs. There seems to be some deep seeded issues with him regarding the Warriors.

beavis15205
Junior
And1: 57

Post#27 » by beavis15205 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 1:02 pm

Perk was a mediocre player and a dirty player. I didn't cry for him when he got hurt in the 2010 finals.
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Post#28 » by marthafokker » Sat Jul 6, 2019 1:46 pm

GSW got the best of KD. He spit himself off the team. And he will never be the same. So not GSW problem any more. Save the money and move on. Got something back for him as future trade piece as well.

Not too bad considering what will happen with him on the roster and lottery tank.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
yesh
Rookie
And1: 1,864

Post#29 » by yesh » Sat Jul 6, 2019 1:52 pm

After saying Steph was overrated, asking media why some of his teammates weren't criticised more, he then turns down the chance to play with Kawhi in order to play with a guy with 1 good knee who's quit on his last 2 teams to play my turn/your turn in BKN. KD's been my favourite player from his early years in OKC, but he's going to have regrets when his career is finished.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#30 » by Left*My*Heart » Sat Jul 6, 2019 5:02 pm

So maybe Curry was spending too much time with Durant’s future replacement Giannis.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
TinoDubs
Junior
And1: 45

Post#31 » by TinoDubs » Sat Jul 6, 2019 5:46 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
koogiking wrote:I wouldn't blame the fans. It was Bob "Steph deserves it more" Myers and Draymond "You a bitch" Green. Also the medical staff that pushed him to play on strained achilles

Total BS....KD was gone anyhow and he played because he wanted to. His own doctor released him.

KD wants to play with his friends. It's his decision, so be it.

But stop with all of the Bucher speculation that is just pushing all of this fake news.

It was a combination of Draymond calling KD "a bitch", the Bay Area media, and some of the fans saying that we don't need you, KD. Negative images stayed in your head. You can feel the difference after the Clippers game.

Return to Golden State Warriors