Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Re: Kawhi to Clippers 

Post#41 » by Left*My*Heart » Sat Jul 6, 2019 3:51 pm

Samurai wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:
floppymoose wrote:GSW would really troll the league if they win it sll next season. I wonder what the Vegas line will be?

I for one think we'd have an awfully tough time handling Kawhi and George with our wings right now.

Myers better be working hisagic for that small forward spot.

I wonder if the Clips will let Jamychal Green go now and not resign him.

Our front court just doesn’t match up well with the new Clippers or Lakers. Makes our big hole at SF look a lot bigger. The Clippers deal makes RoCo look even more attractive.

Maybe not the right place for this but given the huge haul of assets OKC received for PG, wonder if we should start shopping Dray? If we could get anything close to what OKC got, we would have to give that serious consideration.

You’re not getting the haul the Thunder did by trading Green. Draymond’s value is much greater to the Warriors than other teams. He is the main reason this team is going to be in the hunt for another title next season.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM mobile app
Left*My*Heart
RealGM

Post#42 » by Left*My*Heart » Sat Jul 6, 2019 4:13 pm

They need to start, if they haven’t already, recruiting the nightmare scenario for the rest of the league. I expect Curry to be learning Greek.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#43 » by Mylie10 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 4:21 pm

Coxy wrote:Holy balls, where the eff did this all come from? I was out all day, and came home to hear all this news.

This sucks for us. Was really hoping Kawhi signed with the Raps.

What a day. Hard to get your head around all of those picks, mad lolz.

Westbrook.................how does rebuild sound?

You mean: Westbrook......how do the Knicks sound?
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Post#44 » by Samurai » Sat Jul 6, 2019 4:32 pm

cpower wrote:not the worst for us...I just dont want him to be on the lakers..

seriously withou Iggy how are we going to defend the clippers? Curry basically needs to be play some GOAT level basketball for us to have a chance...we better sign some defensive SFs...

Even with Iggy at this stage of his career, he struggled guarding a younger, stronger Kawhi in the Finals.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM

Post#45 » by Left*My*Heart » Sat Jul 6, 2019 4:32 pm

I was more concerned with Leonard becoming a Laker. Clippers are now Western Conference favorites and I’m okay giving them a year or so of glory.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
bballguy50
Veteran
And1: 108

Post#46 » by bballguy50 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 4:34 pm

Mylie10 wrote:I wonder if the Clips will let Jamychal Green go now and not resign him.

I wonder this as well, but don't they still have some cap space to play with? And I would think Green would be more likely to want to stay in LAC given the chances they have now. Versus coming to GSW anyway, but he is my top pick if he were to come on a vet min deal.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#47 » by Mylie10 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 4:40 pm

bballguy50 wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:I wonder if the Clips will let Jamychal Green go now and not resign him.

I wonder this as well, but don't they still have some cap space to play with? And I would think Green would be more likely to want to stay in LAC given the chances they have now. Versus coming to GSW anyway, but he is my top pick if he were to come on a vet min deal.

Yeah not sure. But they need centers now, not another wing. They also have Kabengele who they just drafted.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Senchu
Sixth Man
And1: 400

Post#48 » by Senchu » Sat Jul 6, 2019 4:44 pm

Orlando signed Aminu this offseason .He can be traded at December. Add him to the list of Gordon, Fournier, Augustine.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,248

Post#49 » by xdrta+ » Sat Jul 6, 2019 5:38 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
bballguy50 wrote:

Yeah not sure. But they need centers now, not another wing. They also have Kabengele who they just drafted.

Clippers still have $14M cap space after these moves. Unless they've done something in the last hour or so.
DaHef
Pro Prospect
And1: 170

Post#50 » by DaHef » Sat Jul 6, 2019 6:12 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:
bballguy50 wrote:

Clippers still have $14M cap space after these moves. Unless they've done something in the last hour or so.

I know where they can get a young budding center for the trade exception. He makes under 3 mil.
CS707
Head Coach
And1: 6,286

Post#51 » by CS707 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 7:39 pm

Seeing the Lakers get Man City’d makes my morning. West is going to be brutal this year but it’s pretty wide open IMO. Should be a fun season upcoming.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#52 » by Coxy » Sat Jul 6, 2019 8:45 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
Coxy wrote:Holy balls, where the eff did this all come from? I was out all day, and came home to hear all this news.

This sucks for us. Was really hoping Kawhi signed with the Raps.

What a day. Hard to get your head around all of those picks, mad lolz.

Westbrook.................how does rebuild sound?

You mean: Westbrook......how do the Knicks sound?

You may be onto something there Cyrus. The Knicks would like Westbrook. They’re used to losing but love a player that leaves his heart on the floor nightly.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,254

Post#53 » by wco81 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 8:53 pm

Heard that PG13 may not be ready for training camp after having surgery on his shoulder.

And we'll see if Kawhi's quad holds up. You could see he was in pain and wasn't always as explosive as he wanted to be.

Still effective though, but really only won after all the injuries Warriors suffered, the last thing being Klay, who was lighting them up.
BayArea
Sophomore
And1: 26

Post#54 » by BayArea » Sun Jul 7, 2019 9:53 am

The Claw is a humble player, PG and him will blend easy.
Before getting injured in Game 5 of the 2019 Western Conference semifinals, Durant averaged 34.2 points on 51.3% shooting (41.6% from 3-point range), 4.9 assists and 5.2 rebounds. :banghead:

Return to Golden State Warriors