ImageImageImageImageImage

I'm convinced there is more to this story. Bob Myers has something up his sleeve.

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

thunderdunk
Bench Warmer
And1: 185

Re: I'm convinced there is more to this story. Bob Myers has something up his sleeve. 

Post#121 » by thunderdunk » Tue Jul 9, 2019 3:01 am

No effing way to either of those trades. And I still say this year is a year to regroup and see what can happen in 2020-2021. Get Klay back healthy, see who plays well on the current roster and who is improving their game, see who's available, and see what happens with the Clips, Lakers, Jazz, etc in 2019-2020.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Re: I'm convinced there is more to this story. Bob Myers has something up his sleeve. 

Post#122 » by Samurai » Tue Jul 9, 2019 3:16 am

thunderdunk wrote:No effing way to either of those trades. And I still say this year is a year to regroup and see what can happen in 2020-2021. Get Klay back healthy, see who plays well on the current roster and who is improving their game, see who's available, and see what happens with the Clips, Lakers, Jazz, etc in 2019-2020.

I agree. This year is time to figure out who belongs on the team, in essence a season-long tryout for the 20-21 season. That is the season we need to target for a title run. Missing the playoffs and getting Steph, Klay and Draymond some much needed rest after 5 years of going to the Finals is not the worst thing that can happen.
thunderdunk
Bench Warmer
And1: 185

Post#123 » by thunderdunk » Tue Jul 9, 2019 3:38 am

Samurai wrote:
thunderdunk wrote:No effing way to either of those trades. And I still say this year is a year to regroup and see what can happen in 2020-2021. Get Klay back healthy, see who plays well on the current roster and who is improving their game, see who's available, and see what happens with the Clips, Lakers, Jazz, etc in 2019-2020.

I agree. This year is time to figure out who belongs on the team, in essence a season-long tryout for the 20-21 season. That is the season we need to target for a title run. Missing the playoffs and getting Steph, Klay and Draymond some much needed rest after 5 years of going to the Finals is not the worst thing that can happen.

I'm not convinced the Dubs miss the playoffs this year. Who knows how well the new guys mesh and what else happens in the West? But some of these other teams are loaded with quality veterans, and the Dubs need a year to regroup and maybe flesh out their roster next summer. As you say, for a lot of these guys, this year will be a tryout for next year.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,688

Post#124 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Tue Jul 9, 2019 3:59 am

Samurai wrote:

Maybe give Steph, Draymond and Looney a month off at the start of the season. If that causes the Warriors to miss the playoffs it is OK. If being the 8 seed gets the Warriors knocked out in round 1 because Klay is still getting his legs back then so what.

But, I am not assuming that the Warriors won't win the 2020 championship. One of the Warriors role players might blossom into a good starter. Other teams may have injuries. The Warriors did not need KD to finish off the Rockets. If Klay regains his health by playoff time the Warriors will be a strong team.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#125 » by azwfan » Tue Jul 9, 2019 4:55 am

Looks like Bob still has our 2022 2nd rd pick. Maybe he can make some more lemonade outta it.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.

Return to Golden State Warriors