ImageImageImageImageImage

I'm convinced there is more to this story. Bob Myers has something up his sleeve.

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Re: I'm convinced there is more to this story. Bob Myers has something up his sleeve. 

Post#61 » by Coxy » Sun Jul 7, 2019 11:58 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Coxy wrote:Warriors - Thunder

Warriors get: Steven Adams and Shai Gilgieous Alexander

Thunder get: D’ Angelo Russell

how many C do you want on the roster?

2. This would be Adams and Looney, with WCS as a backup. Looney can play PF in stretches as well.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,196

Re: I'm convinced there is more to this story. Bob Myers has something up his sleeve. 

Post#62 » by clyde21 » Sun Jul 7, 2019 11:59 pm

Coxy wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Coxy wrote:Warriors - Thunder

Warriors get: Steven Adams and Shai Gilgieous Alexander

Thunder get: D’ Angelo Russell

2. This would be Adams and Looney, with WCS as a backup. Looney can play PF in stretches as well.

1995 just called they want their strategy back
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#63 » by GQ Hot Dog » Mon Jul 8, 2019 12:01 am

clyde21 wrote:
thinkingwarriors wrote:
killmongrel wrote: Why?

For the life of me I can't figure out why certain fans are determined to trade away a versatile 23 yo All-Star guard. He has the ability and physical attributes to play both guard positions. He seems like the ideal Warriors player, multi-skilled, multi-dimensional players are the meat and potatoes of Kerr's system.

an exclusively PnR, ball-dominant, no-defense player is NOT the 'ideal warriors player'...wtf?

He is not no-defense and his offensive skill set is nicely diverse which will allow him to play multiple roles alongside Klay and Steph. Great passer and even comes in as a better isolation player than anyone else on the roster which is a nice weapon to have in the holster after the departure of KD.

The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#64 » by clyde21 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 12:03 am

lol @ coach nick vids, come on.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#65 » by killmongrel » Mon Jul 8, 2019 12:04 am

clyde21 wrote:
killmongrel wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
yes?
Why?

Drag is a good back up PG and an expiring, Herro is a sick prospect who fits what we do perfectly, and a 1st rounder to top it off.

You basically just suggested trading a 23 year old all star who still has potential to become even better for - an old pg for a 1 year rental, an unproven rookie in a position which we don't need, and a 1st round pick.

My mind is not processing this. I've seen your other posts and you seem level headed. But this is just absurd. You know what other teams woul love that 1st round pick to get them? A player that becomes an all star at 23 with room to even get better. Guess what, we already have that.

Miami would love this trade so much.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#66 » by HiRez » Mon Jul 8, 2019 12:05 am

thinkingwarriors wrote:
killmongrel wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
yes?
Why?

For the life of me I can't figure out why certain fans are determined to trade away a versatile 23 yo All-Star guard. He has the ability and physical attributes to play both guard positions. He seems like the ideal Warriors player, multi-skilled, multi-dimensional players are the meat and potatoes of Kerr's system.

I find DLo intriguing and want to see what he can do here if he stays. However, later in the year we’re going to have Currry, Klay, DLo, and we just moved up in the draft to select Jordan Pool. All while being woefully short on defense, size, guys who can cut lanes for dunks, and athleticism. Sure, having a surplus of talented guards is nice, but there’s always a trade off and I see us as being a talented but unbalanced team right now, one that will have trouble against LAC, LAL, Utah, Milwaukee, even Sacramento.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#67 » by Coxy » Mon Jul 8, 2019 12:06 am

clyde21 wrote:
Coxy wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

PF Green / Looney / Paschall
C Adams / Looney / WCS

Perhaps you don't remember getting pounded by Ibaka, Gasol and Siakim in the finals?

Maybe you have greater faith in WCS than I do.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Post#68 » by Samurai » Mon Jul 8, 2019 12:08 am

clyde21 wrote:
thinkingwarriors wrote:

an exclusively PnR, ball-dominant, no-defense player is NOT the 'ideal warriors player'...wtf?

A good passing ball-handler that can create his own shot, unlike everyone on the team outside of Curry, is a good fit for this team. Statistically he look more like an "average defense" PG instead of a no-defense PG.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#69 » by Mylie10 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 12:09 am

Clyde,

How much defense is Herro gonna play with those T-Rex arms?

I love his scoring, but you mentioned defense and then through out Dragic and Herro.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#70 » by HiRez » Mon Jul 8, 2019 12:10 am

Dom801e wrote:GS trades Russell and Jones for Adams, Covington, and SGA.

Minnesota trades Covington and Dieng for Westbrook and Jones.

OKC trades Westbrook, Adams, and SGA for Russell and Dieng.

Curry, Thompson, Covington, Green, Adams with SGA and Looney as the main bench pieces.

No idea if this is possible or realistic, but I love this move if yes. Don’t sleep on SGA, he’s not just a throw-in, he’s gonna be good.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#71 » by clyde21 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 12:15 am

killmongrel wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

Drag is a good back up PG and an expiring, Herro is a sick prospect who fits what we do perfectly, and a 1st rounder to top it off.

You basically just suggested trading a 23 year old all star who still has potential to become even better for - an old pg for a 1 year rental, an unproven rookie in a position which we don't need, and a 1st round pick.

My mind is not processing this. I've seen your other posts and you seem level headed. But this is just absurd. You know what other teams woul love that 1st round pick to get them? A player that becomes an all star at 23 with room to even get better. Guess what, we already have that.

Miami would love this trade so much.

good, pull the trigger.

you don't get ahead by being a wuss. Herro is a stud and is a perfect fit in our scheme.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#72 » by clyde21 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 12:16 am

Mylie10 wrote:Clyde,

How much defense is Herro gonna play with those T-Rex arms?

I love his scoring, but you mentioned defense and then through out Dragic and Herro.

Herro is a good defender, strong, smart, understands angles, has a high motor
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#73 » by Mylie10 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 12:19 am

More conspiracy theory from another site. It kind of ties in with what I had been thinking;

I just have this suspicion that our D'lo maneuver may not be what it appears at face value
perhaps im too conspiratorial, but

Dlo jumped to GSW instantly when it was known he desired Min. The satisficing narrative for the press is just the money, but surely the Min offer would have been enough to make him quite wealthy as well...and with his pal.

What may have made this a no-brainer for him was a pitch from us that said...we'll get you the max and we'll make sure you end up in Min

Why would we do this? A few reasons.

1) We want to max someone simply to preserve as much spending power for years to come otherwise lost if KD simply walks in FA.

2) Dlo in particular was the right choice because a) he was already there on the nets and about to leave, b) could actually fill in for Klay for a time in 2019 if some more covert plan for a different deal broke down, and importantly 3) was the secondary Lakers target.

You've heard my theory about GSW and others, e.g., LAC, etc. being only too happy to string along the Lakers and deprive them of secondary FA talent. But had we not made this move early, the Lakers could have broken off the Kawhi wait and just grabbed lesser star Dlo and been satisfied they did get a star. We didnt want that possibility on the board. We wanted them in the Kawhi or bust scenario, which ended in bust.

3) something else seems a little fishy. GSW swoops in and eats Min's lunch. You might imagine they would be furious with us...or at least upset. Yet, within almost no time they are taking in the two other guys from our trade essentially cooperating to help facilitate the very trade that just screwed their long term plan. Maybe this is just adaptation and a good business move in the new reality, but it at least might raise a few eyebrows. Its at least possible theres more of an incentive for this cooperation than just whats been reported to date.

4) Min is known to want to move Wiggins somewhere. I dont think we want him but we could help facilitate that for them in a larger transaction. Also, they do have a piece that fits in well here, Covington. So the question is, is there a team that would take in Wiggins that could be part of a later trade (or even a restructuring of all these S&T's before anything is signed) and do they (or others who could be brought in) have other pieces that in concert with Covington better satisfy our goals.

as of this writing i dont believe any pieces of this deal have become official, so to the best of my knowledge, the s&t hard cap restriction doesnt yet exist and if all goes down differently, would never exist.

5) although we havent yet formally moved, i believe the Lakers have. So, they are stuck without a Dlo option while we (and others) possibly work out alternate scenarios.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Post#74 » by BW32 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 12:25 am

I was re-reading the thread title and wondered, if there isn't anything more to this is that a dissapointment?

I don't know the more to this story part makes it sound like "god please let it be more to this than what it looks like because otherwise ... doh"
InWestWeTrust
Sixth Man
And1: 657

Post#75 » by InWestWeTrust » Mon Jul 8, 2019 12:30 am

Coxy wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Coxy wrote:

C Adams / Looney / WCS

Perhaps you don't remember getting pounded by Ibaka, Gasol and Siakim in the finals?

Perhaps you don’t remember what it was like having just Curry out there with no Klay or KD.

Perhaps you don’t remember Ibaka, Gasol, and Siakim all knocking down the 3 ball. Adams can’t hang with these guys.

That trade is ass unless we’re tanking. Much rather have a scorer in DLo than Steven Adams or Aaron Gordon the PF bc I see that floating around too. Not even close.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#76 » by killmongrel » Mon Jul 8, 2019 12:37 am

InWestWeTrust wrote:
Coxy wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

C Adams / Looney / WCS

Perhaps you don’t remember what it was like having just Curry out there with no Klay or KD.

Perhaps you don’t remember Ibaka, Gasol, and Siakim all knocking down the 3 ball. Adams can’t hang with these guys.

That trade is ass unless we’re tanking. Much rather have a scorer in DLo than Steven Adams or Aaron Gordon the PF bc I see that floating around too. Not even close.
Yeah, I don't like Adams either. There's a reason OKC fans want to trade him. I just don't see the value in overpaying for a center unless they're a super star like AD and Embiid. Look what Green and Looney were able to do to Capela.
Swift21
General Manager
And1: 457

Post#77 » by Swift21 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 12:37 am

Coxy wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Coxy wrote:

C Adams / Looney / WCS

WCS would just pout if he's only playing 5-10 minutes off the bench. You might as well send him to OKC if we can get Adams.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#78 » by Coxy » Mon Jul 8, 2019 12:38 am

InWestWeTrust wrote:
Coxy wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

C Adams / Looney / WCS

We were without Klay for half a game dude, and he isn't a big. Ibaka was killing us from everywhere, not just outside, and Gasols defense in the finals will go overlooked, but for real fans who look at that stuff, it was a major part of the Raptors beating us.

I like Dlo, I like the trade, but if you can get a guy like Stephen Adams for him, you do it and don't think twice. He's a beast.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#79 » by Coxy » Mon Jul 8, 2019 12:39 am

Swift21 wrote:
Coxy wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

C Adams / Looney / WCS

WCS would just pout if he's only playing 5-10 minutes off the bench. You might as well send him to OKC if we can get Adams.

Yep, fine.
SFrush
Sixth Man
And1: 778

Post#80 » by SFrush » Mon Jul 8, 2019 12:45 am

Steven Adams? Sign me up.

Offensively Adams is so underutilized in OKC.

Return to Golden State Warriors