ImageImageImageImageImage

I'm convinced there is more to this story. Bob Myers has something up his sleeve.

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

InWestWeTrust
Sixth Man
And1: 657

Re: I'm convinced there is more to this story. Bob Myers has something up his sleeve. 

Post#81 » by InWestWeTrust » Mon Jul 8, 2019 1:01 am

Coxy wrote:
InWestWeTrust wrote:
Coxy wrote:
PF Green / Looney / Paschall
C Adams / Looney / WCS

Perhaps you don't remember getting pounded by Ibaka, Gasol and Siakim in the finals?

Maybe you have greater faith in WCS than I do.

Perhaps you don’t remember what it was like having just Curry out there with no Klay or KD.

Perhaps you don’t remember Ibaka, Gasol, and Siakim all knocking down the 3 ball. Adams can’t hang with these guys.

That trade is ass unless we’re tanking. Much rather have a scorer in DLo than Steven Adams or Aaron Gordon the PF bc I see that floating around too. Not even close.

We were without Klay for half a game dude, and he isn't a big. Ibaka was killing us from everywhere, not just outside, and Gasols defense in the finals will go overlooked, but for real fans who look at that stuff, it was a major part of the Raptors beating us.

I like Dlo, I like the trade, but if you can get a guy like Stephen Adams for him, you do it and don't think twice. He's a beast.

Even without KD, it was Klay + Curry carrying the load. Could barely get scoring from anyone else.

Who else scores with a lineup of Curry/Evans/McKinnie/Green/Adams? Looney off the bench? That’s putrid, might as punt the season. Unless that’s what you are implying they do.

Sure Ibaka and Gasol were great on defense but so were the Raps as a team. And we didn’t have a big to spacing the floor on offense to make them work harder and match their output on offense (3’s especially).

We gotta go offense heavy this season, especially without Klay, if we want a chance to make the playoffs.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Re: I'm convinced there is more to this story. Bob Myers has something up his sleeve. 

Post#82 » by azwfan » Mon Jul 8, 2019 1:10 am

I just wanna know what the heck the status is.

For example:
What is the 1st rd pick we sent to Brooklyn? (year and protections?)
Is D'Angelo getting shipped off or is he ours? (making us hard capped)
We are operating as if we are hard capped, but then the WCS and GR3 signings look off from what has been released to public.

Overall i have to say, i thought we could get a better vet minimum SF than GR3. I guess that's what my lack of excitement comes down to... which is ridiculous.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,247

Post#83 » by xdrta+ » Mon Jul 8, 2019 1:16 am

It's done.

Read on Twitter
bballguy50
Veteran
And1: 108

Post#84 » by bballguy50 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 1:35 am

So does that mean we can’t trade Russell until December 15th? Or can we still deal him to avoid a hard cap situation?
Bayside
Rookie
And1: 610

Post#85 » by Bayside » Mon Jul 8, 2019 1:40 am

I think that means he will be playing for the warriors for a while. Like you are saying... Cant confirm that exact date.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#86 » by azwfan » Mon Jul 8, 2019 1:41 am

bballguy50 wrote:So does that mean we can’t trade Russell until December 15th? Or can we still deal him to avoid a hard cap situation?

Pretty sure its official and we are hard capped till June 30/July 1 next year.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,828

Post#87 » by cdubbz » Mon Jul 8, 2019 2:10 am

HiRez wrote:I think a move with DLo will happen, I’m just not sure it will be anytime soon, or even necessarily this year.

I want DLo to play this whole season as a Warrior. We don’t need to move him until Klay is fully back next season.

DLO is 23?! He can soak up 35+ mpg. Warriors need a young Star and we have it — only trade him for the right piece. He’s buddies with KAT and Booker - future super team? Lol
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,247

Post#88 » by xdrta+ » Mon Jul 8, 2019 2:12 am

bballguy50 wrote:So does that mean we can’t trade Russell until December 15th? Or can we still deal him to avoid a hard cap situation?

Yep, hard cap is a fact, Russell can't be traded until Dec 15.
cladden
Analyst
And1: 378

Post#89 » by cladden » Mon Jul 8, 2019 2:31 am

clyde21 wrote:Dlo to the Heat for Dragic, Herro, and a 1st rounder.

really, plenty of moves for us to make here with Dlo, let's see if Myers can pull his own head out of his ass.

Dafuq would we want Dragic over DLo for?
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Post#90 » by DAWill1128 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 7:43 am

I think the plan is to let the young guys play, hopefully one or some of them emerge. We don't have much in terms of depth so we are a real sink or swim scenario for young players since they will be forced into prominent roles. Myers is smart in a way that he knew we didn't have much shooting and ball handling so he went and got Russell who at the time was the best available.

While I did think Russell would be bait for a bigger fish I am just not certain who that bigger fish is. Guys don't force themselves out on winning teams, so that leaves slim pickings. Based on how we've chosen to use the cap since Durant I actually don't see us trading Russell in a depth move as in trade a half dollar for two quarters.

I think the real plan is not trading Russell as much as it's letting the young guys attempt to emerge whether that's long term or short term trade bait.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#91 » by GQ Hot Dog » Mon Jul 8, 2019 9:02 am

DAWill1128 wrote:I think the plan is to let the young guys play, hopefully one or some of them emerge. We don't have much in terms of depth so we are a real sink or swim scenario for young players since they will be forced into prominent roles. Myers is smart in a way that he knew we didn't have much shooting and ball handling so he went and got Russell who at the time was the best available.

While I did think Russell would be bait for a bigger fish I am just not certain who that bigger fish is. Guys don't force themselves out on winning teams, so that leaves slim pickings. Based on how we've chosen to use the cap since Durant I actually don't see us trading Russell in a depth move as in trade a half dollar for two quarters.

I think the real plan is not trading Russell as much as it's letting the young guys attempt to emerge whether that's long term or short term trade bait.

Pretty much. If you're perpetually picking in the late 20s and 2nd round it's not likely you're going to find highly skilled offensive players. So getting D'lo this way is a brilliant move. The hope is all those picks in the late 20s and 2nd turn into a complimentary cast of solid defensive players and guys with an ability or two that allows them to contribute on offense.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
DaHef
Pro Prospect
And1: 170

Post#92 » by DaHef » Mon Jul 8, 2019 1:56 pm

thinkingwarriors wrote:
DAWill1128 wrote:I think the plan is to let the young guys play, hopefully one or some of them emerge. We don't have much in terms of depth so we are a real sink or swim scenario for young players since they will be forced into prominent roles. Myers is smart in a way that he knew we didn't have much shooting and ball handling so he went and got Russell who at the time was the best available.

Pretty much. If you're perpetually picking in the late 20s and 2nd round it's not likely you're going to find highly skilled offensive players. So getting D'lo this way is a brilliant move. The hope is all those picks in the late 20s and 2nd turn into a complimentary cast of solid defensive players and guys with an ability or two that allows them to contribute on offense.

I don't see any immediate help coming out of Summer League. Maybe a couple of role players down the road. Like you say, (except for Looney and Green) late 20's and 2nd round isn't much to shout about.
BayArea
Sophomore
And1: 26

Post#93 » by BayArea » Mon Jul 8, 2019 2:29 pm

As long as we have bench that can give us 30 a game we are fine..

Otherwise we are done.
Before getting injured in Game 5 of the 2019 Western Conference semifinals, Durant averaged 34.2 points on 51.3% shooting (41.6% from 3-point range), 4.9 assists and 5.2 rebounds. :banghead:
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,407

Post#94 » by ILOVEIT » Mon Jul 8, 2019 4:22 pm

I had a dream last night....I'm sitting on the steps with Draymond...just talking...and he seems pissed off....I ask him and in a round about way he indicates that the Warriors are trying to pay him less than the max and he's frustrated by it.

Can't believe this stuff get's in my dreams! lol
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,407

Post#95 » by ILOVEIT » Mon Jul 8, 2019 4:25 pm

I think the move is to keep D-Lo until next summer. A LOT can happen over this next year. I think Myers has his eyes on two targets...AD or Giannis...and he's willing to swap D-Lo and Green to get them (and I think a team would do that for a disguntled player...especially LA). There is a VERY good chance that the chemistry and results of Lakers disappoint and AD decides he made a mistake.

And IF Draymond signs a reasonable extension...and IF D-LO is amazging....they we just keep them.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
CalGTR
Junior
And1: 248

Post#96 » by CalGTR » Mon Jul 8, 2019 4:54 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:I think the move is to keep D-Lo until next summer. A LOT can happen over this next year. I think Myers has his eyes on two targets...AD or Giannis...and he's willing to swap D-Lo and Green to get them (and I think a team would do that for a disguntled player...especially LA). There is a VERY good chance that the chemistry and results of Lakers disappoint and AD decides he made a mistake.

And IF Draymond signs a reasonable extension...and IF D-LO is amazging....they we just keep them.

I can't see AD being a legit target given his connections to Klutch and LeBron. Things would really have to go completely sideways in LA for AD to even start down that path. Giannis I can see hitting the open market if the Bucks falter between now and his free agency. We'd be an obvious consideration if he decides to bolt, and I'm sure our front office is planning contingencies.
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Post#97 » by DAWill1128 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 5:28 pm

Well, with Bradley, Green, and Parker off the market who do you got? Lin, Shumpert, Sefolosha, Faried, Dwight. That would actually be a good bench for us. Thinking you have to get Lin if Livingston retires. Are we gonna use Evans and Bowman as backup ball handlers? I still think Evans is more of a small forward Iggy type than a point guard.
InWestWeTrust
Sixth Man
And1: 657

Post#98 » by InWestWeTrust » Mon Jul 8, 2019 5:49 pm

Curry-DLo-McKinnie-Green-WCS
Poole-Evans-GR3-Paschall-Looney
Bowman-Smiley-Jones

plus Klay and Shaun not retired yet but today is the day to guarantee him I believe.

Puts us at 14 plus Bowman on that two way and the guy from Memphis until he’s waived

So 1-2 spots left for Thabo/Lee/Shaun/other
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Post#99 » by Samurai » Mon Jul 8, 2019 6:00 pm

InWestWeTrust wrote:Curry-DLo-McKinnie-Green-WCS
Bowman-Smiley-Jones

plus Klay and Shaun not retired yet but today is the day to guarantee him I believe.

Puts us at 14 plus Bowman on that two way and the guy from Memphis until he’s waived

The Dubs plan to waive Washburn, who will return to the Grizzlies. Even if we drop Shaun, I was under the impression that we would only have enough $$ for one more vet minimum; we wouldn't have enough for the #15 slot which would remain vacant unless another move is made to clear more cap space. I'm not a capologist, but that's my impression.

The more I think about it, the more I don't want to peek up Bob's sleeve until next off-season. In my mind, Klay's injury has made this season problematic; I'm OK with missing the playoffs and letting Steph, Klay and Draymond get some much needed rest. And there is nothing we can do with this lineup to compete with the Clippers: they now have a 2nd unit that boasts LouWill, JaMychal Green, Harrell, McGruder and Harkless - there are a lot of teams that would like to have guys like that in their starting lineup! Retool our lineup and look to make a run at them in 20-21. Keep DLo for the whole season so we get a chance to see how he fits with our lineup (especially when Klay returns) before we rush into whatever tricks Bob has hiding up his sleeve.
statsman
Analyst
And1: 438

Post#100 » by statsman » Mon Jul 8, 2019 6:12 pm

Samurai wrote:
InWestWeTrust wrote:Curry-DLo-McKinnie-Green-WCS
Bowman-Smiley-Jones

The Dubs plan to waive Washburn, who will return to the Grizzlies. Even if we drop Shaun, I was under the impression that we would only have enough $$ for one more vet minimum; we wouldn't have enough for the #15 slot which would remain vacant unless another move is made to clear more cap space. I'm not a capologist, but that's my impression.

Moving Livingston for no salary in return won't open enough space to fill the 15th roster spot for the season, assuming no other trades are made. But it should be able to allow them to add the 15th player around early February 2020.

Return to Golden State Warriors