And1: 15,802

Kawhi tried to recruit Durant 

Post#1 » by floppymoose » Sun Jul 7, 2019 8:18 pm

Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,663

Re: Kawhi tried to recruit Durant 

Post#2 » by Coxy » Sun Jul 7, 2019 8:56 pm

Kawhi is a pimp. More blatant than Lebron ever was.

Who would have thunk it? It's always the quiet ones.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,802

Post#3 » by floppymoose » Sun Jul 7, 2019 9:31 pm

It is a bit weird to ask someone to force a trade out of their current team. To be clear i’m talking about recruitment of PG in that comment, not of Durant.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,663

Post#4 » by Coxy » Mon Jul 8, 2019 12:14 am

Very.

It's also weird for PG to claim that he was "Fkattered" by it and then force his team to do it. Says to me, that Kawhi is veiwed in seriously high esteem by his peers, like super dooper star level.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#5 » by Mylie10 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 12:21 am

I heard the two of them had talked about it for a couple of years. Similar type of paths to where they are.... Fresno State, San Diego State. Both LA guys. Similar type of players.

Makes a lot of sense really.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#6 » by likashing » Mon Jul 8, 2019 12:24 am

floppymoose wrote:It is a bit weird to ask someone to force a trade out of their current team. To be clear i’m talking about recruitment of PG in that comment, not of Durant.

That’s what LeBron Inc did as well. At least PG13 executed it much better than LeBron Inc did for AD. Basically wasted 1 year of prime AD pouting, posturing, and eventually sitting out.

At least PG13 will be playing and competing next season immediately unlike AD during 18-19 which was a waste of an athlete’s prime.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,258

Post#7 » by wco81 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 1:28 am

KD not only chose Kyrie over Curry and Klay, he chose Kyrie over Kawhi.

But he must have big ambitions for his company, 35 Ventures or whatever it's called.

We'll see if he makes it big in the TV or movie business.
Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 40,592

Post#8 » by Son Goku 25 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 2:27 am

wco81 wrote:KD not only chose Kyrie over Curry and Klay, he chose Kyrie over Kawhi.

But he must have big ambitions for his company, 35 Ventures or whatever it's called.

To me, it was clear KD wanted to be the main guy on the team but still have another all star to help him. Warriors were always curry's team. Seems like the 2 all star teams are making a return and perhaps the super teams will die out. Kd wanted out of the west in lebrons shadow as well and knew Kawhi would be out of the east as well.. he can be the king of the east next year if hes healthy but for now its Giannis.
Read
CS707
Head Coach
And1: 6,288

Post#9 » by CS707 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 4:33 am

I couldn’t care less TBH but I feel like everyone outside the Warrior fan base wants us to be upset about this so they can pull the hypocrite card about our guys recruiting KD.
lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,743

Post#10 » by lars_rosenberg » Mon Jul 8, 2019 5:22 am

Son Goku 25 wrote:
wco81 wrote:KD not only chose Kyrie over Curry and Klay, he chose Kyrie over Kawhi.

To me, it was clear KD wanted to be the main guy on the team but still have another all star to help him. Warriors were always curry's team. Seems like the 2 all star teams are making a return and perhaps the super teams will die out. Kd wanted out of the west in lebrons shadow as well and knew Kawhi would be out of the east as well.. he can be the king of the east next year if hes healthy but for now its Giannis.
There's Embiid as well.
KD won't have it easy at all, especially if he's not back at 100% form.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#11 » by Left*My*Heart » Tue Jul 9, 2019 5:32 am

It’s still about guys wanting to play with their so called friends in their hometowns. I was shocked when PG re-signed in OKC, when it was always rumored to wanting to play for one of the LA teams. OKC had the Clippers by the the short hair, because Leonard wasn’t signing with them until they delivered George. Supposedly Irving and KD got close in 2016.

I really think there is something very special regarding Giannis and Curry’s relationship. It was obvious during the last two all star games, that they really enjoy playing and interacting with each other. I think Curry is that type of star, that attracts greatness and his recruiting is vital to the future.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums

Return to Golden State Warriors