ImageImageImageImageImage

Our Roster is Set (Lineups & Minutes Allocations + Predictions)

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,196

Re: Our Roster is Set (Lineups & Minutes Allocations + Predictions) 

Post#21 » by clyde21 » Tue Jul 9, 2019 11:04 pm

CalGTR wrote:
jaymo123 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:30 mins for McKinnie is a disaster waiting to happen but we have no choice

Rather have Robinson start unless McKinney comes back much improved. He probably won't finish the game anyways.

Burks can play some 3, right? Am I not remembering correctly?

depends on your definition of some
CalGTR
Junior
And1: 248

Post#22 » by CalGTR » Tue Jul 9, 2019 11:05 pm

clyde21 wrote:
CalGTR wrote:
jaymo123 wrote:
Rather have Robinson start unless McKinney comes back much improved. He probably won't finish the game anyways.

Just looking to eat minutes at this point, until we can land a real 3.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,247

Post#23 » by xdrta+ » Tue Jul 9, 2019 11:19 pm

Samurai wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
Samurai wrote:Bowman signed his 2-way contract on June 30. I believe we still have one 2-way left. I think we made a QO to Lee; as far as I know, the team hasn't rescinded that yet. If so, Lee should sign a 2-way right away or risk being unemployed.

The only signed two-way contract on the Warriors right now is Julian Washburn, who is widely reported to soon be waived and will return to the Grizzlies.

I think you are missing Bowman's 2-way contract

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/warriors-sign-boston-college-guard-ky-bowman-two-way-contract

I believe you are correct on Washburn - we will waive him and he can return to Memphis. He was only included because there had to be something coming back to make the Iggy trade legal and he was the cheapest option Memphis had. Assuming that gets done, it should just leave us with one 2-way left.

I believe that's in error. There are several reports since then that he's expected to be signed, and this list of all signed two-way contracts from a few days ago, doesn't list him.
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2019/07/201920-nba-two-way-contract-tracker.html

Edit: That list was updated today. No Bowman.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Post#24 » by Samurai » Tue Jul 9, 2019 11:37 pm

CalGTR wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
CalGTR wrote:

Just looking to eat minutes at this point, until we can land a real 3.

Since we don't have the money to sign anyone else without making a move, I think the "until we can land a real 3" means "until Klay returns". Depending on how well, or unwell, DLo can play defense, my guess is that Klay would guard either the guard or SF depending on which one is the other team's bigger offensive threat.
thunderdunk
Bench Warmer
And1: 185

Post#25 » by thunderdunk » Tue Jul 9, 2019 11:55 pm

My guess is that the Dubs bring Klay back slowly. If he's playing 30 mins a night right away, somebody needs to be fired. Dubs aren't winning a ring in 2020. They need to be looking at 2021, 2022, etc., and making moves accordingly.

BTW -- my over/under is 48 wins. 8th spot. Who knows how things will go in the playoffs. But no rings this season.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#26 » by Mylie10 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:04 am

Larry Harris said on the Matt Steinmetz show that Klay was gonna play the 3.

The plan is exactly what we all thought. Russell, Curry, and Klay will all start when Klays ready to go.
Khoee wrote ā€œ
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
ā€
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#27 » by Mylie10 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:14 am

clyde21 wrote:30 mins for McKinnie is a disaster waiting to happen but we have no choice

Klay will be starting at small forward when he comes back.

Evans will spend sometime at the 3 as well as McKinnie of course and maybe Robinson.

Nut you will have times when either Paschall or Draymond slide over there if we need to get bigger based on matchups.
Khoee wrote ā€œ
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
ā€
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Post#28 » by marthafokker » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:59 am

Well. Dubs just made another trade with Minny to free up 2 spots. Napier and Graham gone. For a nobody named Eloyahu's draft rights.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
xdrta+
General Manager

Post#29 » by xdrta+ » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:12 am

marthafokker wrote:Well. Dubs just made another trade with Minny to free up 2 spots. Napier and Graham gone. For a nobody named Eloyahu's draft rights.

No, doesn't free up any roster spots. They were never part of the roster.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,800

Post#30 » by floppymoose » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:48 pm

Samurai wrote:
Coxy wrote:I like the youth in the team, but I think we may be in for a rude year in the win column. Playing in the Pacfic means we play the Clips, Lakers and Sac 4 times each. Other teams are just loaded in the league as well, so I can see us battling for a final playoff spot and being around the 40-43 win mark in the end. Hope Iā€™m wrong, but we have major holes in the team and really have no idea how the young guys, and the new guys will integrate.

The season will be fun regardless.

As I said before, if we don't make the playoffs that wouldn't be the worst thing that could happen to us; Steph, Klay and Dray could use some rest after going to the Finals 5 straight years. But I agree it should be fun. We may not be a really good team, but we have guys that should make it an entertaining team to watch. Steph himself is one of the most entertaining players to watch. DLo has a combination of handles and shooting with the ability to create his own shot that should be fun to watch. Poole certainly has that gunner's mentality and appears to be able create on his own as well. GR3 is a former slam-dunk champion who should be good for a few highlight finishes. We should be a pretty good and fun offensive team to watch; we'll just be giving up more points than we score.

Screw that. If Curry Klay and Green are healthy at end of season I damn well want playoffs, as any seed. No one will want to play them.
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,093

Post#31 » by The-Power » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:35 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:After two months Smiley will be the Warriors starting SF.

SF? Yeah, I see zero chance of that happening. He's a 5 that can perhaps ā€“ once in better shape ā€“ play some 4. No way he can guard any SF. And this is without talking about the fact that he's 18 and does not look ready at all yet. I like him as a prospect but this seems to be way too optimistic.

Samurai wrote:I can see Paschall getting some minutes at center if we need more shooting since he can be our stretch 5.

I don't think it's realistic to expect a guy who's 6'7 with a 7'0 wingspan and 8'75 standing reach to play any Center in his first year in the league. Has that ever happened before? If we need a stretch-5, Spellman is the guy to hope for. He has two inches in height and wingspan and four inches in standing reach on him. Better shooter and rebounder as well.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Post#32 » by Samurai » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:51 pm

The-Power wrote:
Samurai wrote:I can see Paschall getting some minutes at center if we need more shooting since he can be our stretch 5.

I don't think it's realistic to expect a guy who's 6'7 with a 7'0 wingspan and 8'75 standing reach to play any Center in his first year in the league. Has that ever happened before? If we need a stretch-5, Spellman is the guy to hope for. He has two inches in height and wingspan and four inches in standing reach on him. Better shooter and rebounder as well.

Yes, you are right; I meant to say Spellman but typed Paschall instead. Just hoping Spellman can shed a few pounds. If he can, he gives us a dimension as a stretch 5 that WCS or Looney can't provide. We haven't seen a stretch 5 since the days of Mo' Buckets.
CM17
Sophomore
And1: 151

Post#33 » by CM17 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:32 pm

So that's the final roster.
Do I get this right?
- we cannot sign anyone else, except an end-of-season contract
- we cannot waive someone and replace him with someone new (except if another team claims our guy)
- we could replace the 2-way players maybe once
- only way of getting someone else is via trade

Gonna be an interesting season
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#34 » by killmongrel » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:35 pm

I'm excited about Spellman. If he can rebound, he's already more useful than Jones.
xdrta+
General Manager

Post#35 » by xdrta+ » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:43 pm

3 years fully guaranteed. Not a bad deal for a mid-second rounder.

Read on Twitter
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#36 » by Mylie10 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:17 am

killmongrel wrote:I'm excited about Spellman. If he can rebound, he's already more useful than Jones.

He will rebound better than Jones for sure. And once he hits his first 3 he will have surpassed Jones in that area as well.
Khoee wrote ā€œ
ā€
SpreeChokeJob
Veteran
And1: 1,399

Post#37 » by SpreeChokeJob » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:19 am

End of the season lineup

Pg curry Poole
Sg dlo gr3
Sf Thompson paschall
Pf green spellman
C stein looney
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#38 » by Mylie10 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:50 am

McKinnie starts at the 3 at the beginning of the season lock it in.

Knows Kerr's system and schemes.
Elite rebounder (We will need rebounding big time)
Good size good athlete.
Should improve defense and shooting.
Khoee wrote ā€œ
ā€
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,837

Post#39 » by giberish » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:07 am

Coxy wrote:I like the youth in the team, but I think we may be in for a rude year in the win column. Playing in the Pacfic means we play the Clips, Lakers and Sac 4 times each. Other teams are just loaded in the league as well, so I can see us battling for a final playoff spot and being around the 40-43 win mark in the end. Hope Iā€™m wrong, but we have major holes in the team and really have no idea how the young guys, and the new guys will integrate.

The season will be fun regardless.

Agreed. Depth is huge for the regular season and GS doesn't look to have it at all. Right now the team has 3 non-centers I'd trust to be better then replacement level (not counting Klay as he won't be playing for a while and won't be near 100% for a while after that).

To actually make the playoffs, Golden State will need very good health from Curry/Russell/Green as well as a few of the other guys to surprise in a good way. It's possible - Burks has had stretches where he looked good, GRIII was effective at sf for at least one season, if Spellman's in shape he should be a solid backup PF.

Right now I've got GS 9th in the west for regular season record (potentially more dangerous as a playoff team with Klay improving late in the year and the ability to play stars more minutes and scrubs less).
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#40 » by Quazza » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:25 am

I'm actually liking some of what I've seen with Poole in the summer league. He has some genuine NBA traits
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment

Return to Golden State Warriors