ImageImageImageImageImage

Our Roster is Set (Lineups & Minutes Allocations + Predictions)

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Re: Our Roster is Set (Lineups & Minutes Allocations + Predictions) 

Post#41 » by FNQ » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:01 pm

Curry (34) / DLo (14)
DLo (20) / Poole (14) / Burks (14)
McKinnie (24) / GRob III (24) / Burks
Draymond (28) / Spellman (14) / Paschall (6)
Looney (24) / WCS (16) / Draymond (4) / Spellman (4)

Evans & Smailagic ride pine (the latter quite possibly in GLeague) with the chance to usurp minutes if players falter.

I think its going to suck seeing GRob and Burks get a lot of minutes, especially early on. I do have hope for GR3 though. He had a horrible shooting season last year but historically has been close to 40%. If we can get him to give up more 2pt shots and focus on the 3ball more, we could be onto something. He's not terrible defensively.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Post#42 » by Samurai » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:32 pm

FNQ wrote:Curry (34) / DLo (14)

Evans & Smailagic ride pine (the latter quite possibly in GLeague) with the chance to usurp minutes if players falter.

I think its going to suck seeing GRob and Burks get a lot of minutes, especially early on. I do have hope for GR3 though. He had a horrible shooting season last year but historically has been close to 40%. If we can get him to give up more 2pt shots and focus on the 3ball more, we could be onto something. He's not terrible defensively.

I am also cautiously hopeful on GR3. Last season he just plain sucked at both ends, but he was a plus defender and a good 3-point shooter the previous 2 years in Indiana. He also can run and is great at finishing in transition so he should be able to get us a few easy buckets.

I think WCS will get more minutes than you are projecting. I can see him starting and getting the bigger share of minutes, depending on match-ups. With DJ gone, he is now the only 7-footer on our roster so he may be forced to play more if teams go bigger on us than Looney can handle. Plus he gives us something we didn't have before in being a 7-footer that can defend the PnR, so Kerr may be able to keep him on the court for longer stretches than he was comfortable doing with Boogie, JaVale, Zaza, etc. He is very attractive in his ability to run the court, catch lobs and defend smaller guys on the perimeter. But for all his length and athleticism, he has never been a good rim protector; with our defense (or lack thereof) we will need him to show some growth in that area.
Bandito
Pro Prospect
And1: 91

Post#43 » by Bandito » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:51 pm

Why are yall projecting 20-25 mpg for D-Lo? He's a lock for 30-35.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#44 » by FNQ » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:05 pm

Bandito wrote:Why are yall projecting 20-25 mpg for D-Lo? He's a lock for 30-35.

backup PG
Bandito
Pro Prospect

Post#45 » by Bandito » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:07 pm

FNQ wrote:
Bandito wrote:Why are yall projecting 20-25 mpg for D-Lo? He's a lock for 30-35.

backup PG

I realized that right after I posted it, thought I deleted it. My bad.
Bandito
Pro Prospect

Post#46 » by Bandito » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:08 pm

FNQ wrote:

backup PG

I realized that right after I posted it, thought I deleted it. My bad.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,170

Post#47 » by watch1958 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:02 pm

I don't like projecting Curry with that many minutes. He's played 120 regular season games in the last two years. I'd be using Russell to keep Steph's minutes down. You have a talented 23 year old, play him 38 minutes a game for awhile.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,170

Post#48 » by watch1958 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:12 pm

FNQ wrote:Curry (34) / DLo (14)

I'm trying to be optimistic about GR3 as well. His second year (2016-17)in Indy was pretty solid. 20mpg, efficient shooter, low usage, .392 on 3s, .440 on corner 3s. He had a bad ankle sprain before the 17-18 season, and never seemed to fit back in after that.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#49 » by Scoots1994 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:54 am

Look at the Rockets roster ... they have shown you can win in the regular season without "real" SFs. You can win in the regular season with elite guards and a bunch of space fillers and the Warriors space fillers this year are better than the Rockets over the last 2 years.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#50 » by Left*My*Heart » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:13 pm

I see the organization doing their best to extend the career of Curry, by putting the physical load on Russell. Curry takes such a beating in the playoffs, it would be a luxury to have him healthy throughout. I’m thinking he plays around 30 minutes a night and a large portion might be at SG, until Klay gets back. My guess Klay returns a month before the playoffs start. Think we will see three guard lineups then, with Klay at the 3. Seems we are deeper at the 4 and 5, if the young guys pan out.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Post#51 » by xdrta+ » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:29 pm

Well, the deadline has passed for the Warriors to withdraw Lee's QO (two-way contract, 50k guaranteed) so unless they've withdrawn it and it hasn't been announced, it's his for the taking. Now it requires both sides to agree to rescind it. I would expect him to take all summer to decide, in hopes of getting an offer for a roster spot on another team. That leaves the other two-way, which I guess is between Washburn and Bowman.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Post#52 » by Samurai » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:55 pm

xdrta+ wrote:Well, the deadline has passed for the Warriors to withdraw Lee's QO (two-way contract, 50k guaranteed) so unless they've withdrawn it and it hasn't been announced, it's his for the taking. Now it requires both sides to agree to rescind it. I would expect him to take all summer to decide, in hopes of getting an offer for a roster spot on another team. That leaves the other two-way, which I guess is between Washburn and Bowman.

How do the logistics of the 2-way contracts work? For example, it sounds like Washburn has a 2-way; I assume it is the one he signed with Memphis. It sounds like the Dubs have an option to either keep that or not, even though it is past the deadline? And the article also mentions that "Warriors’ Ky Bowman is on a two-way contract for the 2019-20 season." Not sure why the media keeps reporting that he has one but others don't think it is a done deal. So depending on which reporting to believe, it sounds like Washburn signed one, Bowman "is on one" and we have an offer out to Lee. That's three and we can only have two. How hard/easy is it for a team to rescind the contract if it is already signed? Does that player get paid $0 if we rescind a contract prior to training camp?

https://warriorswire.usatoday.com/2019/07/12/warriors-unsure-if-they-will-keep-julian-washburn-on-two-way-contract/
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#53 » by Scoots1994 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:42 pm

I've seen Bowman announced as a two-way and Washburn ... so how can they sign Lee to one too? Something is not known here.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Post#54 » by xdrta+ » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:12 pm

Samurai wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:Well, the deadline has passed for the Warriors to withdraw Lee's QO (two-way contract, 50k guaranteed) so unless they've withdrawn it and it hasn't been announced, it's his for the taking. Now it requires both sides to agree to rescind it. I would expect him to take all summer to decide, in hopes of getting an offer for a roster spot on another team. That leaves the other two-way, which I guess is between Washburn and Bowman.

How do the logistics of the 2-way contracts work? For example, it sounds like Washburn has a 2-way; I assume it is the one he signed with Memphis. It sounds like the Dubs have an option to either keep that or not, even though it is past the deadline? And the article also mentions that "Warriors’ Ky Bowman is on a two-way contract for the 2019-20 season." Not sure why the media keeps reporting that he has one but others don't think it is a done deal. So depending on which reporting to believe, it sounds like Washburn signed one, Bowman "is on one" and we have an offer out to Lee. That's three and we can only have two. How hard/easy is it for a team to rescind the contract if it is already signed? Does that player get paid $0 if we rescind a contract prior to training camp?

https://warriorswire.usatoday.com/2019/07/12/warriors-unsure-if-they-will-keep-julian-washburn-on-two-way-contract/

Washburn was on a two-way contract when he was traded to the Warriors (or rather his contract was traded--players aren't traded in the NBA, contracts are traded.) So currently he has one of the two-way slots. It is easy to cut (waive) two-way players, since although their contracts can be guaranteed up to 50k, as Lee's offer is, they seldom are, and it costs nothing to cut them.

Although it was reported early on that Bowman signed a 2-way, I don't believe that's accurate. Since then, I've seen reports that he's "expected" to sign, and he's not on any list I've seen of signed two-way players. I think it will come down to Washburn or Bowman. Unless, of course, Lee gets an offer elsewhere or pulls a McCaw, which seems doubtful.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#55 » by killmongrel » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:36 pm

Two way contracts are cheap as hell for teams. Warriors can cut Lee or who might have one if they feel there is a better option. I personally think the Warriors should cut Ky Bowman and give one to Lee, if he wants it, and Washburn.

Lee is the scorer we need to come off the bench.

Washburn is a promising small forward.

I don't see anything in Ky that makes me think he'll be worth it. Plus we have so many pgs as is. Steph/DLo/Burks/Evans. Is Ky Bowman better than Evans if he has to take pg duties on an emergency? I doubt it. I actually liked that Kevin McLaine kid better.

Plus I'm willing to bet there'll be pgs throughout the year they could depend on in the G-League just in case.

I'd be pissed if they sign somebody like Ky over getting a Washburn or Davon Reed.
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,079

Post#56 » by The-Power » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:41 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:I've seen Bowman announced as a two-way and Washburn ... so how can they sign Lee to one too? Something is not known here.

Bowman was announced by one source but does not appear to actually be on a two-way contract.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#57 » by Scoots1994 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:14 am

killmongrel wrote:Two way contracts are cheap as hell for teams. Warriors can cut Lee or who might have one if they feel there is a better option. I personally think the Warriors should cut Ky Bowman and give one to Lee, if he wants it, and Washburn.

I don't see anything in Ky that makes me think he'll be worth it. Plus we have so many pgs as is. Steph/DLo/Burks/Evans. Is Ky Bowman better than Evans if he has to take pg duties on an emergency? I doubt it. I actually liked that Kevin McLaine kid better.

Plus I'm willing to bet there'll be pgs throughout the year they could depend on in the G-League just in case.

I'd be pissed if they sign somebody like Ky over getting a Washburn or Davon Reed.

Saw somewhere on here someone saying the Warriors needed more PG talent :)

Davon Reed is WAY too passive, and his defense hasn't held up in the few games I saw.

Bowman is interesting in that he does do something the Warriors don't have in that he's a physical aggressive foul creator, and 2 way deals are not supposed to be critical to a team's success. Being "pissed" about the 16th or 17th man on an NBA team is a little over the top don't you think?
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#58 » by killmongrel » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:53 am

Scoots1994 wrote:
killmongrel wrote:Two way contracts are cheap as hell for teams. Warriors can cut Lee or who might have one if they feel there is a better option. I personally think the Warriors should cut Ky Bowman and give one to Lee, if he wants it, and Washburn.

Saw somewhere on here someone saying the Warriors needed more PG talent :)

Davon Reed is WAY too passive, and his defense hasn't held up in the few games I saw.

Bowman is interesting in that he does do something the Warriors don't have in that he's a physical aggressive foul creator, and 2 way deals are not supposed to be critical to a team's success. Being "pissed" about the 16th or 17th man on an NBA team is a little over the top don't you think?

The 16th and 17th man shouldn't be depended on at all really. But good and bad decisions can still be made regarding those signings. For instance, Warriors benefited from having Cook on a two way. Damion Lee prove to be beneficial as well throughout the regular season. Look at the Rockets, they decided to sign House to a two way and it proved to be beneficial for them in the regular season. He shrunk like McKinnie did in the post season, but it was still a positive signing overall. So we can shrug our shoulders at two way signings, but they've come in handy now two seasons in a row for the Warriors.

Going into this year, we know the Warriors are going to be shallow for depth at at the small forward position. Using one of the two ways for insurance on that end would be a more logical choice than using it for another pg. So yeah, I would be pissed if one of the two ways is used for a pg that will most likely not see anytime on the court. If McKinnie is cut before Jan. 10, then having another SF on a two way is going to be quite useful until the Warriors either get Klay back, or are able to acquire another SF in the buyout market, etc. Like I said, get Lee as a scorer off the bench. And somebody like Washburn for insurance. Hell, he may prove to be something more.

But all of this might be moot since Lee seems like he doesn't want to take the other two way. If he gets a vet. min offer, there's no way Warriors can match. So we'll see.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#59 » by Scoots1994 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:05 am

killmongrel wrote:The 16th and 17th man shouldn't be depended on at all really. But good and bad decisions can still be made regarding those signings. For instance, Warriors benefited from having Cook on a two way. Damion Lee prove to be beneficial as well throughout the regular season. Look at the Rockets, they decided to sign House to a two way and it proved to be beneficial for them in the regular season. He shrunk like McKinnie did in the post season, but it was still a positive signing overall. So we can shrug our shoulders at two way signings, but they've come in handy now two seasons in a row for the Warriors.

Going into this year, we know the Warriors are going to be shallow for depth at at the small forward position. Using one of the two ways for insurance on that end would be a more logical choice than using it for another pg. So yeah, I would be pissed if one of the two ways is used for a pg that will most likely not see anytime on the court. If McKinnie is cut before Jan. 10, then having another SF on a two way is going to be quite useful until the Warriors either get Klay back, or are able to acquire another SF in the buyout market, etc. Like I said, get Lee as a scorer off the bench. And somebody like Washburn for insurance. Hell, he may prove to be something more.

But all of this might be moot since Lee seems like he doesn't want to take the other two way. If he gets a vet. min offer, there's no way Warriors can match. So we'll see.

Sure, the two-way deals are useful, just not up to the level of being "pissed" :)

The Warriors have more SF "possible" players than any other position. Burks, Robinson, McKinnie, Paschall, Evans, Thompson, and Washburn. The issue seems to be more that they all have issues with their games, and I doubt a 2-way player moves that needle much. While qualified PGs on the roster is essentially Curry and Russell, but Russell is clearly the starting SG, so PG is very thin too.

Talent is far more important that position in the NBA.

That said, I have to hope the team is scouring any way they can to add a clear upgrade at SF however that might be.
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#60 » by killmongrel » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:22 am

Scoots1994 wrote:
killmongrel wrote:The 16th and 17th man shouldn't be depended on at all really. But good and bad decisions can still be made regarding those signings. For instance, Warriors benefited from having Cook on a two way. Damion Lee prove to be beneficial as well throughout the regular season. Look at the Rockets, they decided to sign House to a two way and it proved to be beneficial for them in the regular season. He shrunk like McKinnie did in the post season, but it was still a positive signing overall. So we can shrug our shoulders at two way signings, but they've come in handy now two seasons in a row for the Warriors.

Sure, the two-way deals are useful, just not up to the level of being "pissed" :)

The Warriors have more SF "possible" players than any other position. Burks, Robinson, McKinnie, Paschall, Evans, Thompson, and Washburn. The issue seems to be more that they all have issues with their games, and I doubt a 2-way player moves that needle much. While qualified PGs on the roster is essentially Curry and Russell, but Russell is clearly the starting SG, so PG is very thin too.

Talent is far more important that position in the NBA.

That said, I have to hope the team is scouring any way they can to add a clear upgrade at SF however that might be.
Annoyed might be a more accurate way to describe how I would feel.

Return to Golden State Warriors