ImageImageImageImageImage

DLO trade thread

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

azwfan
General Manager
Posts: 8,341
And1: 1,356
Joined: May 21, 2004
     

Re: DLO trade thread 

Post#181 » by azwfan » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:24 am

Coxy wrote:
killmongrel wrote:
Coxy wrote:
Would rather keep Dlo. Porter isn’t anything special.
That's why the trade works. We don't need anything special at the 3 as long as we have a back court with Steph and Klay. Otto Porter Jr. is better than a lot of small forwards. Solid defense. Good 3 point shooting. And if we get Sato on the deal, gives us a long and lengthy back up pg. Combine this trade with what they can get with the TPE and MLE, we possibly have a team that can look like:

Steph/Sato/Evans
Klay/Poole/Rookie
Porter Jr./Barton/Iguodala
Green/Paschall/Spellman
Traditonal Center/Looney/Smailagic

Two way contracts: Insurance pg and Insurance sf.


I don’t buy your reasoning with this deal. Russell is by far the best player in the deal and young as well. If we are trading him for a SF, we need an equal talent coming back, not breaking him down into 2 lesser parts, 1 of which is a very expensive but average SF. Would rather go the Covington route at his price if we are breaking Dlo down into lesser parts, because he’s cost effective and a real difference maker on defence at least.

Keep the asset until a situation arises to add a better talent than what you are suggesting I say.


I agree.
And thinking out loud, there may be an opportunity in the future to offer a quality package if a certain Greek wants out of his situation.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
killmongrel
Senior
Posts: 630
And1: 305
Joined: Sep 18, 2018
 

Re: DLO trade thread 

Post#182 » by killmongrel » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:28 am

Coxy wrote:
killmongrel wrote:
Coxy wrote:
Would rather keep Dlo. Porter isn’t anything special.
That's why the trade works. We don't need anything special at the 3 as long as we have a back court with Steph and Klay. Otto Porter Jr. is better than a lot of small forwards. Solid defense. Good 3 point shooting. And if we get Sato on the deal, gives us a long and lengthy back up pg. Combine this trade with what they can get with the TPE and MLE, we possibly have a team that can look like:

Steph/Sato/Evans
Klay/Poole/Rookie
Porter Jr./Barton/Iguodala
Green/Paschall/Spellman
Traditonal Center/Looney/Smailagic

Two way contracts: Insurance pg and Insurance sf.


I don’t buy your reasoning with this deal. Russell is by far the best player in the deal and young as well. If we are trading him for a SF, we need an equal talent coming back, not breaking him down into 2 lesser parts, 1 of which is a very expensive but average SF. Would rather go the Covington route at his price if we are breaking Dlo down into lesser parts, because he’s cost effective and a real difference maker on defence at least.

Keep the asset until a situation arises to add a better talent than what you are suggesting I say.
I guess my thinking is that - if DLo works so well, we are not trading him. If he doesn't work in GS, but still looks good, then we're not exactly getting equal value for him, but we can still add depth to the team that makes it better with good to solid players. I'm just saying, I kind of like this deal better compared to some of the other scenarios.
killmongrel
Senior
Posts: 630
And1: 305
Joined: Sep 18, 2018
 

Re: DLO trade thread 

Post#183 » by killmongrel » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:29 am

Samurai wrote:
killmongrel wrote:
Coxy wrote:
Would rather keep Dlo. Porter isn’t anything special.
That's why the trade works. We don't need anything special at the 3 as long as we have a back court with Steph and Klay. Otto Porter Jr. is better than a lot of small forwards. Solid defense. Good 3 point shooting. And if we get Sato on the deal, gives us a long and lengthy back up pg. Combine this trade with what they can get with the TPE and MLE, we possibly have a team that can look like:

Steph/Sato/Evans
Klay/Poole/Rookie
Porter Jr./Barton/Iguodala
Green/Paschall/Spellman
Traditonal Center/Looney/Smailagic

Two way contracts: Insurance pg and Insurance sf.

But DLo can be something special. I wouldn't want to trade a 23-year old who has the potential to be special - who can be a centerpiece of our future after Curry/Klay/Dray are retired - than someone who is a solid complementary piece but cannot be that special guy. I want to see how we play with Curry/Klay/DLo on the court; if they mesh well and DLo is at least passable on defense, then no need to look at trade scenarios.
Agreed, but this thread is for the scenario in which we do trade DLo. But yeah I would rather he become special and we scoff at any trade idea.
Scoots1994
Rookie
Posts: 1,008
And1: 113
Joined: Jun 24, 2018
       

Re: DLO trade thread 

Post#184 » by Scoots1994 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:56 pm

It all comes down to if Russell buys in to Kerr and Adams plans. If he does then he could be the extension to the dynasty. That said, that's a big challenge.
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 36,668
And1: 41,807
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: DLO trade thread 

Post#185 » by clyde21 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:01 pm

killmongrel wrote:
Samurai wrote:
killmongrel wrote: That's why the trade works. We don't need anything special at the 3 as long as we have a back court with Steph and Klay. Otto Porter Jr. is better than a lot of small forwards. Solid defense. Good 3 point shooting. And if we get Sato on the deal, gives us a long and lengthy back up pg. Combine this trade with what they can get with the TPE and MLE, we possibly have a team that can look like:

Steph/Sato/Evans
Klay/Poole/Rookie
Porter Jr./Barton/Iguodala
Green/Paschall/Spellman
Traditonal Center/Looney/Smailagic

Two way contracts: Insurance pg and Insurance sf.

But DLo can be something special. I wouldn't want to trade a 23-year old who has the potential to be special - who can be a centerpiece of our future after Curry/Klay/Dray are retired - than someone who is a solid complementary piece but cannot be that special guy. I want to see how we play with Curry/Klay/DLo on the court; if they mesh well and DLo is at least passable on defense, then no need to look at trade scenarios.
Agreed, but this thread is for the scenario in which we do trade DLo. But yeah I would rather he become special and we scoff at any trade idea.


well that's obvious, if Dlo kills it then we keep him, but he has to kill it within the framework of the team...i don't care if he's averaging 25ppg if it's coming at the expense of everyone else and the offense, but if those points are coming naturally because he turns out to be a good fit, great.

i don't have high expectations tho in that regard, he'll have nice box score numbers but his strengths/weaknesses just don't align well with our group of players or system at all. maybe it changes he's still young, but I have my doubts.

best care scenario is he kills it early and drives his value up and we flip him accordingly.
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 36,668
And1: 41,807
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: DLO trade thread 

Post#186 » by clyde21 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:52 pm

this is it

Image
Samurai
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,785
And1: 1,629
Joined: Jul 01, 2014
     

Re: DLO trade thread 

Post#187 » by Samurai » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:13 pm

clyde21 wrote:this is it

Image

You must be really high on DLo.

Since rumors out of Miami is that they view Herro very highly and pulled out of the Westbrook trade talks because OKC wanted Herro in the package, I am a little surprised. I do have high hopes for DLo, but I am not sure what info you have that makes you think they would be willing to deal Herro; very interested in the inside scoop!
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 36,668
And1: 41,807
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: DLO trade thread 

Post#188 » by clyde21 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:49 pm

Samurai wrote:
clyde21 wrote:this is it

Image

You must be really high on DLo.

Since rumors out of Miami is that they view Herro very highly and pulled out of the Westbrook trade talks because OKC wanted Herro in the package, I am a little surprised. I do have high hopes for DLo, but I am not sure what info you have that makes you think they would be willing to deal Herro; very interested in the inside scoop!


i have no idea what think about Herro but he's probably untradeable, and I'm not high on DLo at all, but some people here are? i'd include Jordan Poole in that trade as well.
User avatar
KevinMcreynolds
General Manager
Posts: 9,584
And1: 1,534
Joined: Feb 07, 2010
Location: San Francisco
     

Re: DLO trade thread 

Post#189 » by KevinMcreynolds » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:53 pm

clyde21 wrote:this is it

Image


noooooo

That Herro kid getting mad overrated from summer league. I want to see him play an NBA game before I trade an all-star guard for him.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Samurai
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,785
And1: 1,629
Joined: Jul 01, 2014
     

Re: DLO trade thread 

Post#190 » by Samurai » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:33 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Samurai wrote:
clyde21 wrote:this is it

Image

You must be really high on DLo.

Since rumors out of Miami is that they view Herro very highly and pulled out of the Westbrook trade talks because OKC wanted Herro in the package, I am a little surprised. I do have high hopes for DLo, but I am not sure what info you have that makes you think they would be willing to deal Herro; very interested in the inside scoop!


i have no idea what think about Herro but he's probably untradeable, and I'm not high on DLo at all, but some people here are? i'd include Jordan Poole in that trade as well.

If he's untradeable, which seems to be a fairly accurate assessment, then it shouldn't be posted as "this is it" or people may think there is actually a likelihood that it could happen. You could label it "my fantasy that won't happen", similar to a Evans for Giannis fantasy, but not "this is it".
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 36,668
And1: 41,807
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: DLO trade thread 

Post#191 » by clyde21 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:35 pm

Samurai wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Samurai wrote:You must be really high on DLo.

Since rumors out of Miami is that they view Herro very highly and pulled out of the Westbrook trade talks because OKC wanted Herro in the package, I am a little surprised. I do have high hopes for DLo, but I am not sure what info you have that makes you think they would be willing to deal Herro; very interested in the inside scoop!


i have no idea what think about Herro but he's probably untradeable, and I'm not high on DLo at all, but some people here are? i'd include Jordan Poole in that trade as well.

If he's untradeable, which seems to be a fairly accurate assessment, then it shouldn't be posted as "this is it" or people may think there is actually a likelihood that it could happen. You could label it "my fantasy that won't happen", similar to a Evans for Giannis fantasy, but not "this is it".



see post right above yours.
Samurai
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,785
And1: 1,629
Joined: Jul 01, 2014
     

Re: DLO trade thread 

Post#192 » by Samurai » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:41 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Samurai wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
i have no idea what think about Herro but he's probably untradeable, and I'm not high on DLo at all, but some people here are? i'd include Jordan Poole in that trade as well.

If he's untradeable, which seems to be a fairly accurate assessment, then it shouldn't be posted as "this is it" or people may think there is actually a likelihood that it could happen. You could label it "my fantasy that won't happen", similar to a Evans for Giannis fantasy, but not "this is it".



see post right above yours.

It is irrelevant. I personally think anyone who is being viewed as "untradeable" by the team without seeing him in an NBA game is overrated. But that is irrelevant as long as the team, for whatever reason, believes it. Overrated or not, if they wouldn't deal him for Westbrook, it is highly unlikely they would deal him for DLo. As I said, you'd not only have to have a very high regard for DLo, but must also believe Miami shares the same opinion, to think they would trade an untradeable asset for him. If you don't have a very high opinion of DLo it is illogical to believe that a team would trade an untradeable asset for him.
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 36,668
And1: 41,807
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: DLO trade thread 

Post#193 » by clyde21 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:46 pm

Samurai wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Samurai wrote:If he's untradeable, which seems to be a fairly accurate assessment, then it shouldn't be posted as "this is it" or people may think there is actually a likelihood that it could happen. You could label it "my fantasy that won't happen", similar to a Evans for Giannis fantasy, but not "this is it".



see post right above yours.

It is irrelevant. I personally think anyone who is being viewed as "untradeable" by the team without seeing him in an NBA game is overrated. But that is irrelevant as long as the team, for whatever reason, believes it. Overrated or not, if they wouldn't deal him for Westbrook, it is highly unlikely they would deal him for DLo. As I said, you'd not only have to have a very high regard for DLo, but must also believe Miami shares the same opinion, to think they would trade an untradeable asset for him. If you don't have a very high opinion of DLo it is illogical to believe that a team would trade an untradeable asset for him.


it's not irrelevant. you think this is fantasy, yet the guy above you wouldn't do it. which is it?

and this has nothing to do with my opinion of DLo. just because my opinion of Dlo is lower than most doens't mean that's true for the Heat's or other people (again, see post right above yours).
Samurai
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,785
And1: 1,629
Joined: Jul 01, 2014
     

Re: DLO trade thread 

Post#194 » by Samurai » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:56 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Samurai wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

see post right above yours.

It is irrelevant. I personally think anyone who is being viewed as "untradeable" by the team without seeing him in an NBA game is overrated. But that is irrelevant as long as the team, for whatever reason, believes it. Overrated or not, if they wouldn't deal him for Westbrook, it is highly unlikely they would deal him for DLo. As I said, you'd not only have to have a very high regard for DLo, but must also believe Miami shares the same opinion, to think they would trade an untradeable asset for him. If you don't have a very high opinion of DLo it is illogical to believe that a team would trade an untradeable asset for him.


it's not irrelevant. you think this is fantasy, yet the guy above you wouldn't do it. which is it?

and this has nothing to do with my opinion of DLo. just because my opinion of Dlo is lower than most doens't mean that's true for the Heat's or other people (again, see post right above yours).

My opinion hasn't changed from what I stated in post #180.

But just because I wouldn't do the trade, that is irrelevant to the central point. If you are suggesting a trade involving someone that the other teams views as untradeable, then unless you have some additional info that Miami is so high on DLo that they would consider trading that untradeable asset for him, then yes - that would indeed be a fantasy.
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 36,668
And1: 41,807
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: DLO trade thread 

Post#195 » by clyde21 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:01 am

Samurai wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Samurai wrote:It is irrelevant. I personally think anyone who is being viewed as "untradeable" by the team without seeing him in an NBA game is overrated. But that is irrelevant as long as the team, for whatever reason, believes it. Overrated or not, if they wouldn't deal him for Westbrook, it is highly unlikely they would deal him for DLo. As I said, you'd not only have to have a very high regard for DLo, but must also believe Miami shares the same opinion, to think they would trade an untradeable asset for him. If you don't have a very high opinion of DLo it is illogical to believe that a team would trade an untradeable asset for him.


it's not irrelevant. you think this is fantasy, yet the guy above you wouldn't do it. which is it?

and this has nothing to do with my opinion of DLo. just because my opinion of Dlo is lower than most doens't mean that's true for the Heat's or other people (again, see post right above yours).

My opinion hasn't changed from what I stated in post #180.

But just because I wouldn't do the trade, that is irrelevant to the central point. If you are suggesting a trade involving someone that the other teams views as untradeable, then unless you have some additional info that Miami is so high on DLo that they would consider trading that untradeable asset for him, then yes - that would indeed be a fantasy.


i have no idea nor care how Miami views Herro. who the **** knows, maybe they like DLo even better (a lot of people do). can you confirm either way, and what does that have to do my trade?

this is a really weird discussion we're having, I don't even know what your point is.
Samurai
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,785
And1: 1,629
Joined: Jul 01, 2014
     

Re: DLO trade thread 

Post#196 » by Samurai » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:03 am

clyde21 wrote:
Samurai wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
it's not irrelevant. you think this is fantasy, yet the guy above you wouldn't do it. which is it?

and this has nothing to do with my opinion of DLo. just because my opinion of Dlo is lower than most doens't mean that's true for the Heat's or other people (again, see post right above yours).

My opinion hasn't changed from what I stated in post #180.

But just because I wouldn't do the trade, that is irrelevant to the central point. If you are suggesting a trade involving someone that the other teams views as untradeable, then unless you have some additional info that Miami is so high on DLo that they would consider trading that untradeable asset for him, then yes - that would indeed be a fantasy.


i have no idea nor care how Miami views Herro. who the **** knows, maybe they like DLo even better (a lot of people do). can you confirm either way, and what does that have to do my trade?

this is a really weird discussion we're having, I don't even know what your point is.

On this we can both agree. You don't understand, thus there is no point in continuing.
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 36,668
And1: 41,807
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: DLO trade thread 

Post#197 » by clyde21 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:04 am

Samurai wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Samurai wrote:My opinion hasn't changed from what I stated in post #180.

But just because I wouldn't do the trade, that is irrelevant to the central point. If you are suggesting a trade involving someone that the other teams views as untradeable, then unless you have some additional info that Miami is so high on DLo that they would consider trading that untradeable asset for him, then yes - that would indeed be a fantasy.


i have no idea nor care how Miami views Herro. who the **** knows, maybe they like DLo even better (a lot of people do). can you confirm either way, and what does that have to do my trade?

this is a really weird discussion we're having, I don't even know what your point is.

On this we can both agree. You don't understand, thus there is no point in continuing.


i don't understand because you have no point. i made a trade proposition that I would pursue at the deadline, you came back saying it's fantasy. it's not 'fantasy' to a lot of people, actually.
Samurai
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,785
And1: 1,629
Joined: Jul 01, 2014
     

Re: DLO trade thread 

Post#198 » by Samurai » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:14 am

clyde21 wrote:
Samurai wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
i have no idea nor care how Miami views Herro. who the **** knows, maybe they like DLo even better (a lot of people do). can you confirm either way, and what does that have to do my trade?

this is a really weird discussion we're having, I don't even know what your point is.

On this we can both agree. You don't understand, thus there is no point in continuing.


i don't understand because you have no point. i made a trade proposition that I would pursue at the deadline, you came back saying it's fantasy. it's not 'fantasy' to a lot of people, actually.

No, you were correct the first time. You don't understand my point, NOT that I don't have a point. Since you don't understand, no point in continuing. Unless you are just one of those types that has to have the last word.....
killmongrel
Senior
Posts: 630
And1: 305
Joined: Sep 18, 2018
 

Re: DLO trade thread 

Post#199 » by killmongrel » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:37 am

Miami is such a weird team because they're still at least 2 significant players away from being a threat in the East. They have Butler, and then some young guys, but that's it. They need a pg. They want to get rid of Waiters. Bam still needs some development. If Herro is their sg of the future, he's a few years away. So I don't knew exactly if they want to compete now since they have Butler or develop. If it's the former, they can't. If it's the latter, why is Butler even on the team? What I'm hoping is that Miami realizes they gotta develop their core and get desperate and want to trade Butler. If that's the case, we got a shiney new DLO for them.

Steph/Evans
Klay/Poole
Butler/Paschall
Green/Spellman
Looney/Smailagic
MastermindLV
Senior
Posts: 545
And1: 743
Joined: Nov 04, 2016
     

Re: DLO trade thread 

Post#200 » by MastermindLV » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:08 am

Why haven’t we had a press conference for DLO yet?

Return to Golden State Warriors