ImageImageImageImageImage

Hypothetically, this is the roster we could have built if we just let KD go without trading for DLo.

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Hypothetically, this is the roster we could have built if we just let KD go without trading for DLo. 

Post#1 » by killmongrel » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:14 am

Steph/Cook/Evans
Matthews/Poole/Klay
Crowder/Iguodala/McKinnie
Green/Paschall
Cousins/Looney/Smailagic

Get Wes Matthews for the vet. minimum since he can start until Klay comes back. Trade Livingston's contract and Jones' with second round picks for Crowder. Re-sign Cousins since we could have paid him more. Save the MLE for the buyout market.

You guys think we could win with this team? I think we could actually do well with this team. Only problem is, we'd be **** for 2020.
Phase 3
Veteran
And1: 758

Re: Hypothetically, this is the roster we could have built if we just let KD go without trading for DLo. 

Post#2 » by Phase 3 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:54 am

Well, that team is definitely more balanced than the current roster....but if they can flip D-Lo for a strong return, I like the path that they’re actually on. Only time will tell.
Upperclass
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,765

Re: Hypothetically, this is the roster we could have built if we just let KD go without trading for DLo. 

Post#3 » by Upperclass » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:03 am

That's a pointless 7/8 seed with no future. The current roster is a 3-lotto team with the option to settle wherever it settles and gives options for moving forward. After 5 finals you have to give fans the clear sign that things are going to be different moving forward
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,336

Post#4 » by KevinMcreynolds » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:13 pm

There's no upside or future on that roster. We would basically maintain a 50 win team for a couple years, accomplish nothing, then fizzle out.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,560

Post#5 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:49 pm

I may have dozed off just reading through that potential roster. I'd agree it is cautious to where it serves no purpose. Safe, but extremely little upside. Much prefer the path we went down.

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,695

Post#6 » by Warriorfan » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:06 pm

That team would roughly be in the same spot if we keep Iggy plus cost the team about 100 million more in repeater tax.

Maybe Iggy gets traded

One thing to note we did give up 2 future 1st picks.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Post#7 » by Samurai » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:09 pm

killmongrel wrote:Steph/Cook/Evans
Matthews/Poole/Klay
Crowder/Iguodala/McKinnie
Green/Paschall
Cousins/Looney/Smailagic

Get Wes Matthews for the vet. minimum since he can start until Klay comes back. Trade Livingston's contract and Jones' with second round picks for Crowder. Re-sign Cousins since we could have paid him more. Save the MLE for the buyout market.

You guys think we could win with this team? I think we could actually do well with this team. Only problem is, we'd be **** for 2020.

That roster is decent but frankly a bit boring with very little future upside. That lineup may or may not be any better than what we have now, but even if our actual roster doesn't perform any better it should be more fun and entertaining. DLo and Steph could be the most exciting backcourt in the league. GR3 is a former slam dunk champion and is outstanding - and exciting - in transition. Burks is an injury waiting to happen but even his critics would have to concede that the man knows how to score points. And Spellman gives us a stretch 5; something we haven't seen since Mo' Buckets was here. Outside of our core 3, the team is younger, faster, and more athletic than before. And having a 23-year old All Star gives us someone who can continue to improve or provide a valuable chip to flip for further growth.

I don't think our current roster has enough defense to be a serious contender unless some of our young guys develop very rapidly, but our offense should be very entertaining to watch.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#8 » by Quazza » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:01 am

I prefer the rout we went than that lineup
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#9 » by killmongrel » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:54 am

Quazza wrote:I prefer the rout we went than that lineup
I definitely agree. It kinda sucks for this season, but I truly believe Warriors will be the favorites next season. Warriors basically too the path that assures a better future. I just thought it was amusing to see this scenario.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#10 » by Mylie10 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:14 am

Didn't Matthews already sign for more than the vet minimum.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#11 » by killmongrel » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:55 am

Mylie10 wrote:Didn't Matthews already sign for more than the vet minimum.
He went to the Bucks for the vet. minimum. It's because they were able to offer him the starting position I think.
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,695

Post#12 » by Warriorfan » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:19 am

Interesting we went from best SF in the game to none on the answer.

Yes Burk and Thompson can guard sp

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/golden-state-warriors/cap/

Return to Golden State Warriors