ImageImageImageImageImage

What should we do if Dray declines the 4/100 extension

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

TinoDubs
Sophomore
Posts: 112
And1: 26
Joined: Feb 20, 2019

Re: What should we do if Dray declines the 4/100 extension 

Post#81 » by TinoDubs » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:24 pm

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:
Samurai wrote:A 5-year extension next year that would seriously hinder our finances until he is 35 years old would be an unwise move. If he won't take the 4/100, I think we need to look at moving him for assets.

Who cares about anything past the next 3 years. Once Steph is 34 we are basically done. The only question is do Steph, Klay and Draymond retire with the Warriors or do we ship them out so we could get better lottery picks sooner.
clyde21 wrote:
im not ok with 'just being another PO team'...if we pay Dray the max we effectively shut down our window

im okay with the 4/100 I think that's a good deal, anything more and it's not a good investment. his game is not gonna age well at all.

Draymond is worth more to the Warriors than to other teams. Getting a player of equal talent to Draymond back for Draymond knocks the Warriors out of championship contention until after Steph and Klay's' salaries are gone. We are over the salary cap so star free agents can't sign with the Warriors.

....

Overpayed Draymond and filler plus 4 1st round draft picks might get us Giannis 2 years from now. But I actually feel loyalty towards Draymond and am confused by the fans that seem to want him gone. I get it that he is imatature and out of control in some ways but I think the Warriors would lack part of their team chemistry if he were gone. Will Klay and Steph put pressure on Burks to play defense?

....

We will not be likely to get equal value for Draymond if we trade him.

Mylie10 wrote:You trade Draymond and the championship window slams shut.


East Bay Sports wrote:Pay
Da
Man

he needs to retire with this org. Anything less is unacceptable


I think teams like Portland, Dallas and Atlanta would love to have Draymond. Regardless, he is not a 30m/yr for us. If the Lakers are not doing well this year, AD might be on a market. AD said that he want to play for the Dubs couple years back, who's know. :)
ILOVEIT
General Manager
Posts: 9,670
And1: 1,512
Joined: May 28, 2004

Re: What should we do if Dray declines the 4/100 extension 

Post#82 » by ILOVEIT » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:20 am

I'm starting to change my mind on Draymond. I think we have to appreciate how important he has been and would be in us grinding out another couple of chips. IF Warriors can keep or translate D-Lo into a 4th star on the team...I don't care what the Warriors pay Green...max or otherwise. My wet dream is to flip D-Lo to Lakers next year for AD (who will want out).

Curry, Klay, Green, AD, Looney :) :) :) :) :) :)
Welcome adopted Splash Bro Kevin Durant! Let it rain!
jaymo123
Junior
Posts: 483
And1: 166
Joined: Mar 10, 2012

Re: What should we do if Dray declines the 4/100 extension 

Post#83 » by jaymo123 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:35 am

ILOVEIT wrote:I'm starting to change my mind on Draymond. I think we have to appreciate how important he has been and would be in us grinding out another couple of chips. IF Warriors can keep or translate D-Lo into a 4th star on the team...I don't care what the Warriors pay Green...max or otherwise. My wet dream is to flip D-Lo to Lakers next year for AD (who will want out).

Curry, Klay, Green, AD, Looney :) :) :) :) :) :)


Ain't happening but we call can dream.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,321
And1: 1,212
Joined: Aug 25, 2005
Location: Northern California

Re: What should we do if Dray declines the 4/100 extension 

Post#84 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:19 am

TinoDubs wrote:
I think teams like Portland, Dallas and Atlanta would love to have Draymond. Regardless, he is not a 30m/yr for us. If the Lakers are not doing well this year, AD might be on a market. AD said that he want to play for the Dubs couple years back, who's know. :)


Every team would love to have Draymond but at what price.

Most teams play a true point guard. Steph would be a true point guard if he was not overplayed because of his shooting threat. If you keep the ball in the point guard's hands then Draymond becomes a weak offensive player. Draymond running the 4 on 3 offense is a valuable offensive player.
Lillard would have the ball in his hands making Draymond pretty useless on offense.

On defense Steph is a good gambler and help defender but he can be beat off the dribble. Lillard is quick. I don't picture Lillard needing Draymond's help as much as Steph does. CJ also is quick.

In general slower guards benefit more from Draymond's defense and guards that are better shooters than they are passers would benefit more from Draymond's offense.
likashing
Head Coach
Posts: 6,329
And1: 1,899
Joined: Jun 06, 2013

Re: What should we do if Dray declines the 4/100 extension 

Post#85 » by likashing » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:20 am

ILOVEIT wrote:I'm starting to change my mind on Draymond. I think we have to appreciate how important he has been and would be in us grinding out another couple of chips. IF Warriors can keep or translate D-Lo into a 4th star on the team...I don't care what the Warriors pay Green...max or otherwise. My wet dream is to flip D-Lo to Lakers next year for AD (who will want out).

Curry, Klay, Green, AD, Looney :) :) :) :) :) :)


Maybe Draymond just joined Klutch to get close to and acquire AD.

We all know Draymond is not dumb enough to trust LeBron after LeBron put his balls on his head and took away his ring.

Steal AD. Destroy LeBron Inc once again.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
CalGTR
Junior
Posts: 295
And1: 195
Joined: Dec 10, 2011
     

Re: What should we do if Dray declines the 4/100 extension 

Post#86 » by CalGTR » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:16 am

We're going to be over the cap regardless, right? We can let Dray go, and we're still over the cap. We can offer to pay him $10 mil, we're over the cap. We can pay him $30 mil, guess what - we're over the cap. I just don't see how his contract is going to negatively impact the team. And, we've seen how relatively easy it is to dump even huge contracts. Would it really be that tough to trade Dray to a team looking for expiring contracts toward the end of his career?

Pay the man, continue to compete for championships.

And, think on this - maxing out Dray extends the salary range of players we can acquire through trade (you can fit more assets into a bigger salary). I sure wouldn't take the chance that he'd leave next year with the W's getting nothing in return. That would not be good at all.

Pay the man.

He's earned it, and will continue to earn it. 3 titles, folks, and hopefully at least one more to go before the window closes.

Pay the man!
DoItALL9
Analyst
Posts: 3,455
And1: 710
Joined: Oct 08, 2016
       

Re: What should we do if Dray declines the 4/100 extension 

Post#87 » by DoItALL9 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:20 pm

If Draymond plays like 2016 and GSW wins the title with him playing a prominent role this coming year does he get a 5yr max?

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app
TinoDubs
Sophomore
Posts: 112
And1: 26
Joined: Feb 20, 2019

Re: What should we do if Dray declines the 4/100 extension 

Post#88 » by TinoDubs » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:35 pm

jaymo123 wrote:
ILOVEIT wrote:I'm starting to change my mind on Draymond. I think we have to appreciate how important he has been and would be in us grinding out another couple of chips. IF Warriors can keep or translate D-Lo into a 4th star on the team...I don't care what the Warriors pay Green...max or otherwise. My wet dream is to flip D-Lo to Lakers next year for AD (who will want out).

Curry, Klay, Green, AD, Looney :) :) :) :) :) :)


Ain't happening but we call can dream.


AD to the Dubs...why not? AD said he will play out this year, then he will talk next year later. Until AD sign the extension, he might be out next year. He knows that if they don't go far this year, then that is it for the Lakers.
xdrta+
Starter
Posts: 2,072
And1: 1,289
Joined: Jun 18, 2018

Re: What should we do if Dray declines the 4/100 extension 

Post#89 » by xdrta+ » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:18 am

TinoDubs wrote:
jaymo123 wrote:
ILOVEIT wrote:I'm starting to change my mind on Draymond. I think we have to appreciate how important he has been and would be in us grinding out another couple of chips. IF Warriors can keep or translate D-Lo into a 4th star on the team...I don't care what the Warriors pay Green...max or otherwise. My wet dream is to flip D-Lo to Lakers next year for AD (who will want out).

Curry, Klay, Green, AD, Looney :) :) :) :) :) :)


Ain't happening but we call can dream.


AD to the Dubs...why not? AD said he will play out this year, then he will talk next year later. Until AD sign the extension, he might be out next year. He knows that if they don't go far this year, then that is it for the Lakers.


Why not AD? Because of numbers. The projected 2020-21 cap is $118M. Steph and Klay's salaries are almost $84M. That leaves $34M+ room under the cap, if everyone else is gone and no salaries are taken back. Davis's max will be $35.4M and if he's on the market, you know teams will be lining up to offer it. Bottom line...Warriors are not in the picture for AD.
Scoots1994
Pro Prospect
Posts: 917
And1: 102
Joined: Jun 24, 2018
       

Re: What should we do if Dray declines the 4/100 extension 

Post#90 » by Scoots1994 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:39 am

As long as we're dreaming ... Giannis.
User avatar
cpower
RealGM
Posts: 12,131
And1: 4,470
Joined: Mar 03, 2011
   

Re: What should we do if Dray declines the 4/100 extension 

Post#91 » by cpower » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:10 am

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:
TinoDubs wrote:
I think teams like Portland, Dallas and Atlanta would love to have Draymond. Regardless, he is not a 30m/yr for us. If the Lakers are not doing well this year, AD might be on a market. AD said that he want to play for the Dubs couple years back, who's know. :)


Every team would love to have Draymond but at what price.

Most teams play a true point guard. Steph would be a true point guard if he was not overplayed because of his shooting threat. If you keep the ball in the point guard's hands then Draymond becomes a weak offensive player. Draymond running the 4 on 3 offense is a valuable offensive player.
Lillard would have the ball in his hands making Draymond pretty useless on offense.

On defense Steph is a good gambler and help defender but he can be beat off the dribble. Lillard is quick. I don't picture Lillard needing Draymond's help as much as Steph does. CJ also is quick.

In general slower guards benefit more from Draymond's defense and guards that are better shooters than they are passers would benefit more from Draymond's offense.

but Draymond is the best defender in the league..you dont lose your best defender to your competitors..I rather pay the man than him pairing up with Lillard and Harden, Joric or Lebron (and we will be slaughtered ).. pay him until Curry is 36 and we are over with this amazing run.
killmongrel
Senior
Posts: 518
And1: 236
Joined: Sep 18, 2018
 

Re: What should we do if Dray declines the 4/100 extension 

Post#92 » by killmongrel » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:49 am

If the Warriors have no chance to land a Giannis, AD, Embiid, etc, then keep Draymond.
azwfan
General Manager
Posts: 8,261
And1: 1,317
Joined: May 21, 2004
     

Re: What should we do if Dray declines the 4/100 extension 

Post#93 » by azwfan » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:09 am

If Draymond declines his extension we should just trade him for Giannis. Its so simple. Fire Bob and make me GM!
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
User avatar
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
Posts: 10,855
And1: 2,670
Joined: Mar 01, 2005
 

Re: What should we do if Dray declines the 4/100 extension 

Post#94 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:40 am

azwfan wrote:If Draymond declines his extension we should just trade him for Giannis. Its so simple. Fire Bob and make me GM!


A real GM would have gotten a few draft picks

Image
PockyCandy wrote:Is Ball's shot any more ugly than Curry's? Curry just seems to launch it towards the basket like an 8 year old.
ILOVEIT
General Manager
Posts: 9,670
And1: 1,512
Joined: May 28, 2004

Re: What should we do if Dray declines the 4/100 extension 

Post#95 » by ILOVEIT » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:59 pm

killmongrel wrote:If the Warriors have no chance to land a Giannis, AD, Embiid, etc, then keep Draymond.


The dream is to get Giannis or AD...and I'm very okay with getting him by moving Draymond.

And please...stop with the "there is No Way Warriors are getting player "x"" stuff.

Didn't we all just watch the free agents control where they wanted to go? If Giannis or AD WANT to come to the Warriors....Lacob and team will hake that happen.
Welcome adopted Splash Bro Kevin Durant! Let it rain!
azwfan
General Manager
Posts: 8,261
And1: 1,317
Joined: May 21, 2004
     

Re: What should we do if Dray declines the 4/100 extension 

Post#96 » by azwfan » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:55 am

ILOVEIT wrote:
killmongrel wrote:If the Warriors have no chance to land a Giannis, AD, Embiid, etc, then keep Draymond.


If Giannis or AD WANT to come to the Warriors....Lacob and team will hake that happen.

Whats this "or" nonsense?!!
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
TinoDubs
Sophomore
Posts: 112
And1: 26
Joined: Feb 20, 2019

Re: What should we do if Dray declines the 4/100 extension 

Post#98 » by TinoDubs » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:21 am

xdrta+ wrote:
TinoDubs wrote:
jaymo123 wrote:
Ain't happening but we call can dream.


AD to the Dubs...why not? AD said he will play out this year, then he will talk next year later. Until AD sign the extension, he might be out next year. He knows that if they don't go far this year, then that is it for the Lakers.


Why not AD? Because of numbers. The projected 2020-21 cap is $118M. Steph and Klay's salaries are almost $84M. That leaves $34M+ room under the cap, if everyone else is gone and no salaries are taken back. Davis's max will be $35.4M and if he's on the market, you know teams will be lining up to offer it. Bottom line...Warriors are not in the picture for AD.


Unless they move Dlo later this year. If Dlo is doing well and stay with the Dubs until next summer, we can move both Dlo and Draymond for AD. We won't be hit with hard cap after this year, right? So, AD is a long shot, but still in the picture.
wco81
Head Coach
Posts: 7,410
And1: 1,789
Joined: Jul 04, 2013
     

Re: What should we do if Dray declines the 4/100 extension 

Post#99 » by wco81 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:21 am

ILOVEIT wrote:
killmongrel wrote:If the Warriors have no chance to land a Giannis, AD, Embiid, etc, then keep Draymond.


The dream is to get Giannis or AD...and I'm very okay with getting him by moving Draymond.

And please...stop with the "there is No Way Warriors are getting player "x"" stuff.

Didn't we all just watch the free agents control where they wanted to go? If Giannis or AD WANT to come to the Warriors....Lacob and team will hake that happen.


Why would they want to come here?

Steph is not a gung ho recruiter.

Draymond is but he knows if he recruited AD, he'd be out.

AD is Rich Paul's puppet. Unless he grows up, he's staying with Lebron and the Lakers.
Scoots1994
Pro Prospect
Posts: 917
And1: 102
Joined: Jun 24, 2018
       

Re: What should we do if Dray declines the 4/100 extension 

Post#100 » by Scoots1994 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:20 pm

TinoDubs wrote:Unless they move Dlo later this year. If Dlo is doing well and stay with the Dubs until next summer, we can move both Dlo and Draymond for AD. We won't be hit with hard cap after this year, right? So, AD is a long shot, but still in the picture.


I'd rather have DLo and Dray than AD.

Return to Golden State Warriors