ImageImageImageImageImage

KD sold on Nets "system"

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,742

Re: KD sold on Nets "system" 

Post#21 » by azwfan » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:14 pm

Don't really care. He's on another team now. We got our own issues to be concerned with.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
statsman
Analyst
And1: 438

Post#22 » by statsman » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:22 pm

If he was sold on the Nets "system", he would have teamed up with DLo. DLo's cap hold was $11M less than the cap space needed to sign Kyrie. That's another solid rotation player or two decent bench players for depth.

This was primarily about finding a team, preferably in New York, that would sign him, Kyrie, and hopefully DeAndre Jordan. There would be a lot less criticism if KD were honest with himself, the media, and basketball fans. Going to miss the player, but not the manufactured drama and bogus story-lines.
ChuckS
Bench Warmer
And1: 213

Post#23 » by ChuckS » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:36 pm

Beavis15205 wrote:anyone else find it odd that KD never sat on the bench during the games when he was hurt?

I'm sorry I cannot provide a site, but when the trolling began on this the Warriors announced that it was at the direction of the medical staff. I'm no doctor -- but I'm guessing hemorrhoids.

statsman wrote:If he was sold on the Nets "system", he would have teamed up with DLo. DLo's cap hold was $11M less than the cap space needed to sign Kyrie. That's another solid rotation player or two decent bench players for depth.

This was primarily about finding a team, preferably in New York, that would sign him, Kyrie, and hopefully DeAndre Jordan. There would be a lot less criticism if KD were honest with himself, the media, and basketball fans. Going to miss the player, but not the manufactured drama and bogus story-lines.

I totally agree with the first sentence in your second paragraph. I do not believe it was an either/or thing. I think he liked the system and the decision was made easier by being able to sign as a collective. I don't think DeAndre is "done" at age 30. And, maybe because of horrible remembrances of playoff exits caused by both, I, too, would prefer them over the alternatives if I were making the decision.

Because KD had been totally silent about his decision making, I, personally, do not believe he has been dishonest with himself, the media, or fans. He never even denied the long publicized rumors about probable signing with Irving. I understand the annoyance with manufactured story lines and drama, but hold him blameless. I look to the authors. Of course, realizing I am in the minority, and having always enjoyed and learned from your posts, I could be wrong.

I read an interesting article suggesting that friendships, in addition to that between KD and Kyrie, might also have been considerations. I cannot speak to the author's credibility or knowledge but found it interesting.

https://www.netsdaily.com/2019/7/10/20689696/exclusive-nets-pursuit-of-kd-and-kyrie-doesnt-happen-without-the-players

One source close to the situation said it started with Spencer Dinwiddie, who was the biggest recruiter for Irving. The two are “very close” according to the source and “have been for a while.”

Dinwiddie also made some subtle pitches to KD. A few days after the All-Star Break, he went on a sneaker show, and wound up talking about KD’s “unique” style. Dinwiddie couldn’t help but use the opportunity to gush about KD as a “7’1” SG, and possibly the greatest scorer we’ve seen.”

The same source discussed how Durant was intrigued by the idea of playing with Caris LeVert. LeVert said he didn’t pressure KD, but they did talk.

“We have a good friendship, but I never really pressured him about it or that type of stuff. When he got hurt I reached out, kind of made sure he was OK and everything like that.

For Kyrie, he’s back with family and friends while playing for his hometown team. For KD, aside from the other incentives, he’s playing with his friends, namely Irving, DeAndre Jordan, Caris LeVert and Taurean Prince. Not to mention that Brooklyn’s assistant coach Adam Harrington is KD’s former trainer and shooting coach with the Thunder.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#24 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:51 pm

likashing wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:They call it the “We’re Not the Knicks System”

“Still New York But Without The **** Knicks Issues” system

"Still New York but with younger girls and better pizza"
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#25 » by Mylie10 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:35 am

I guess saying he's sold on the Nets system sounds better than, "I want to play with my friends"
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,654

Post#26 » by Coxy » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:46 am

Mylie10 wrote:I guess saying he's sold on the Nets system sounds better than, "I want to play with my friends"

I think KD goes and plays with whoever gushes over him the most. Seems like that is his major MO now after all of the scorn he received coming to GS. Dude just wants to play where everyone is kissing his feet now.
SpreeChokeJob
Veteran
And1: 1,394

Post#27 » by SpreeChokeJob » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:14 pm

Coxy wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:I guess saying he's sold on the Nets system sounds better than, "I want to play with my friends"

I think KD goes and plays with whoever gushes over him the most. Seems like that is his major MO now after all of the scorn he received coming to GS. Dude just wants to play where everyone is kissing his feet now.

That's why he considers Quinn Cook his "friend".

Return to Golden State Warriors