ImageImageImageImageImage

Say, we go forward with DLo and Draymond, how do you build a team around this core?

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

watch1958
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,203
And1: 269
Joined: Aug 03, 2001

Re: Say, we go forward with DLo and Draymond, how do you build a team around this core? 

Post#121 » by watch1958 » Wed Sep 4, 2019 4:12 am

Memphis has so many small forwards. They have to be looking to move someone once the season gets going and their rotation falls into place.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
azwfan
General Manager
Posts: 8,298
And1: 1,336
Joined: May 21, 2004
     

Re: Say, we go forward with DLo and Draymond, how do you build a team around this core? 

Post#122 » by azwfan » Wed Sep 4, 2019 7:50 am

watch1958 wrote:Memphis has so many small forwards. They have to be looking to move someone once the season gets going and their rotation falls into place.

I liked Brooks back a few years ago (possibly his rookie season?) and Caboclo looked surprisingly promising in the little amount of time i saw him last year. Think everyone else may be out of our salary range for this season. Don't think i'd give up a 1st for any of their SF's but maybe a 2nd. Even though i like both Brooks and Bruno, I'm not sure how much better or promising they are than the scrubs we already got.

Besides a pick, they could be interested in a SG as they look kind of light there. So if Poole or Evans looks decent at all there could be a potential deal there. I think a bench big (Spellman) could look good to them also if he proves to be solid. Once again though, how much of a improvement would it really be for us. Especially since Caboclo and Brooks are both FA after this season.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Scoots1994
Pro Prospect
Posts: 965
And1: 107
Joined: Jun 24, 2018
       

Re: Say, we go forward with DLo and Draymond, how do you build a team around this core? 

Post#123 » by Scoots1994 » Wed Sep 4, 2019 1:57 pm

azwfan wrote:
watch1958 wrote:Memphis has so many small forwards. They have to be looking to move someone once the season gets going and their rotation falls into place.

I liked Brooks back a few years ago (possibly his rookie season?) and Caboclo looked surprisingly promising in the little amount of time i saw him last year. Think everyone else may be out of our salary range for this season. Don't think i'd give up a 1st for any of their SF's but maybe a 2nd. Even though i like both Brooks and Bruno, I'm not sure how much better or promising they are than the scrubs we already got.

Besides a pick, they could be interested in a SG as they look kind of light there. So if Poole or Evans looks decent at all there could be a potential deal there. I think a bench big (Spellman) could look good to them also if he proves to be solid. Once again though, how much of a improvement would it really be for us. Especially since Caboclo and Brooks are both FA after this season.


The trade picture changes a lot after this season which is what we were talking about. Right now the Warriors have very VERY little flexibility for this season. Chances are this is the team as it will be until just before the playoffs when they will add 1 player ... maybe Bogut in that vacant roster spot.
azwfan
General Manager
Posts: 8,298
And1: 1,336
Joined: May 21, 2004
     

Re: Say, we go forward with DLo and Draymond, how do you build a team around this core? 

Post#124 » by azwfan » Wed Sep 4, 2019 2:18 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
azwfan wrote:
watch1958 wrote:Memphis has so many small forwards. They have to be looking to move someone once the season gets going and their rotation falls into place.

I liked Brooks back a few years ago (possibly his rookie season?) and Caboclo looked surprisingly promising in the little amount of time i saw him last year. Think everyone else may be out of our salary range for this season. Don't think i'd give up a 1st for any of their SF's but maybe a 2nd. Even though i like both Brooks and Bruno, I'm not sure how much better or promising they are than the scrubs we already got.

Besides a pick, they could be interested in a SG as they look kind of light there. So if Poole or Evans looks decent at all there could be a potential deal there. I think a bench big (Spellman) could look good to them also if he proves to be solid. Once again though, how much of a improvement would it really be for us. Especially since Caboclo and Brooks are both FA after this season.


The trade picture changes a lot after this season which is what we were talking about. Right now the Warriors have very VERY little flexibility for this season. Chances are this is the team as it will be until just before the playoffs when they will add 1 player ... maybe Bogut in that vacant roster spot.


IC, if we're talking about a trade after the season, i like Kyle Anderson as what i think is a realistic opportunity (someone Memphis may be interested in trading) who could help us. Don't think I'd give up a 1st for him though - which may remove us from the market. Perhaps a 2nd or 2. If we keep our 1st this year then can only offer 2022 and 2027 2nds as the rest would have been traded. hahaha
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.

Return to Golden State Warriors