ImageImageImageImageImage

Say, we go forward with DLo and Draymond, how do you build a team around this core?

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,138

Re: Say, we go forward with DLo and Draymond, how do you build a team around this core? 

Post#121 » by watch1958 » Wed Sep 4, 2019 4:12 am

Memphis has so many small forwards. They have to be looking to move someone once the season gets going and their rotation falls into place.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,742

Re: Say, we go forward with DLo and Draymond, how do you build a team around this core? 

Post#122 » by azwfan » Wed Sep 4, 2019 7:50 am

watch1958 wrote:Memphis has so many small forwards. They have to be looking to move someone once the season gets going and their rotation falls into place.

I liked Brooks back a few years ago (possibly his rookie season?) and Caboclo looked surprisingly promising in the little amount of time i saw him last year. Think everyone else may be out of our salary range for this season. Don't think i'd give up a 1st for any of their SF's but maybe a 2nd. Even though i like both Brooks and Bruno, I'm not sure how much better or promising they are than the scrubs we already got.

Besides a pick, they could be interested in a SG as they look kind of light there. So if Poole or Evans looks decent at all there could be a potential deal there. I think a bench big (Spellman) could look good to them also if he proves to be solid. Once again though, how much of a improvement would it really be for us. Especially since Caboclo and Brooks are both FA after this season.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,022

Post#123 » by Scoots1994 » Wed Sep 4, 2019 1:57 pm

azwfan wrote:
watch1958 wrote:Memphis has so many small forwards. They have to be looking to move someone once the season gets going and their rotation falls into place.

I liked Brooks back a few years ago (possibly his rookie season?) and Caboclo looked surprisingly promising in the little amount of time i saw him last year. Think everyone else may be out of our salary range for this season. Don't think i'd give up a 1st for any of their SF's but maybe a 2nd. Even though i like both Brooks and Bruno, I'm not sure how much better or promising they are than the scrubs we already got.

Besides a pick, they could be interested in a SG as they look kind of light there. So if Poole or Evans looks decent at all there could be a potential deal there. I think a bench big (Spellman) could look good to them also if he proves to be solid. Once again though, how much of a improvement would it really be for us. Especially since Caboclo and Brooks are both FA after this season.

The trade picture changes a lot after this season which is what we were talking about. Right now the Warriors have very VERY little flexibility for this season. Chances are this is the team as it will be until just before the playoffs when they will add 1 player ... maybe Bogut in that vacant roster spot.
azwfan
RealGM

Post#124 » by azwfan » Wed Sep 4, 2019 2:18 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
azwfan wrote:

The trade picture changes a lot after this season which is what we were talking about. Right now the Warriors have very VERY little flexibility for this season. Chances are this is the team as it will be until just before the playoffs when they will add 1 player ... maybe Bogut in that vacant roster spot.

IC, if we're talking about a trade after the season, i like Kyle Anderson as what i think is a realistic opportunity (someone Memphis may be interested in trading) who could help us. Don't think I'd give up a 1st for him though - which may remove us from the market. Perhaps a 2nd or 2. If we keep our 1st this year then can only offer 2022 and 2027 2nds as the rest would have been traded. hahaha
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,684

Post#125 » by Warriorfan » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:23 am

I think this core grows old together like the Spurs unless the Warriors can get a Giannus or Towns.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,137

Post#126 » by wco81 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:28 am

If they keep Russell after this season, they need to hook him up with Curry's trainers to build up his core, maximize what athletic ability he does have, which isn't elite or anything but could be improved like Steph's core strength and quickness was improved.

But Russell has been in the league 4-5 years now? So if he hasn't been working in the offseason, not sure what would motivate him to work harder in the summers.

Especially after he got the big payday, though if he wants to get paid big at 27, he's got to take another step or two.
azwfan
RealGM

Post#127 » by azwfan » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:52 am

wco81 wrote:Especially after he got the big payday, though if he wants to get paid big at 27, he's got to take another step or two.

:D
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,684

Post#128 » by Warriorfan » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:58 am

DLo, Klay, Green and Looney will all be undersized at their position. At the 3 I don't think the 6'5 Klay after his injury will be all defensive team D.

Green without other great defenders I think will regress at the 4 long term.

I have faith the bench will develop.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,656

Post#129 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:37 pm

azwfan wrote:

Did they call the travel?
azwfan
RealGM

Post#130 » by azwfan » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:40 pm

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:
azwfan wrote:
wco81 wrote:Especially after he got the big payday, though if he wants to get paid big at 27, he's got to take another step or two.

Did they call the travel?

No, but they did get Andre for the technical.

DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,306

Post#131 » by DrCoach » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:30 pm

Here is the real question.

I know GS has 3 all stars, but are they really going to make playoffs?

If they don’t, do they keep pick and draft, something they are very good at?

Or trade pick for a proven small forward and retool for next year when Klay is back
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,112

Post#132 » by cpower » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:32 pm

DrCoach wrote:Here is the real question.

I know GS has 3 all stars, but are they really going to make playoffs?

If they don’t, do they keep pick and draft, something they are very good at?

Or trade pick for a proven small forward and retool for next year when Klay is back

if DLO does not work out he will be out before the end of the season.

Return to Golden State Warriors