ImageImageImageImageImage

OKC game in 2016

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

beavis15205
Junior
And1: 57

OKC game in 2016 

Post#1 » by beavis15205 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:27 am

I'm sure everyone remembers that game Curry's winning shot, I was just watching it and KD fouled out of it. Another interesting thing was minutes they all played which in retrospect they played too many minutes going for 73.
likemycurryhot
Senior
And1: 688

Re: OKC game in 2016 

Post#2 » by likemycurryhot » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:32 pm

It’s definitely my favorite regular season game of all time. With all of the in game drama, the OKC vs. Dubs rivalry, Steph vs. Russ, Kerr vs. Draymond at halftime, Steph’s ankle getting crushed by Westbrook but then coming back, Andre’s improbably clutch free throws, and, of course BANG! BANG! it was just (almost) too much. Like professional wrestling, only better. A perfect basketball memory for me.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,174

Post#3 » by watch1958 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:07 am

I love watching the activity & reactions from the OKC bench. Some coach jumping up pointing at Curry as he was crossing half-court. Steve Adams standing there like "how did you fools not know that was coming?"
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#4 » by Flash Falcon X » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:45 pm

likemycurryhot wrote:It’s definitely my favorite regular season game of all time. With all of the in game drama, the OKC vs. Dubs rivalry, Steph vs. Russ, Kerr vs. Draymond at halftime, Steph’s ankle getting crushed by Westbrook but then coming back, Andre’s improbably clutch free throws, and, of course BANG! BANG! it was just (almost) too much. Like professional wrestling, only better. A perfect basketball memory for me.

Iggy’s free throws were more clutch than Curry’s game winner in my opinion, and I’m glad you mentioned the FTs because people often forget about it.

So clutch for Iggy who isn’t normally a reliable free throw shooter to go to the line with the game on the line, on the road in front of a wild crowd, and make both shots to send the game to OT.

With Steph, he actually shot a good percentage that year on shots from close to half court (close to 50% if I’m not mistaken) and he was in rhythm so as amazing as that shot was, it was like a layup for 2016 Steph.

On a side note I expect Steph to have such a huge year this upcoming season now that KD is finally gone and Klay will be our for half the season. Steph will have the biggest green light of his career to help the team.
#DubNation
likemycurryhot
Senior
And1: 688

Post#5 » by likemycurryhot » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:40 pm

Flash Falcon X wrote:
likemycurryhot wrote:It’s definitely my favorite regular season game of all time. With all of the in game drama, the OKC vs. Dubs rivalry, Steph vs. Russ, Kerr vs. Draymond at halftime, Steph’s ankle getting crushed by Westbrook but then coming back, Andre’s improbably clutch free throws, and, of course BANG! BANG! it was just (almost) too much. Like professional wrestling, only better. A perfect basketball memory for me.

Iggy’s free throws were more clutch than Curry’s game winner in my opinion, and I’m glad you mentioned the FTs because people often forget about it.

So clutch for Iggy who isn’t normally a reliable free throw shooter to go to the line with the game on the line, on the road in front of a wild crowd, and make both shots to send the game to OT.

With Steph, he actually shot a good percentage that year on shots from close to half court (close to 50% if I’m not mistaken) and he was in rhythm so as amazing as that shot was, it was like a layup for 2016 Steph.

On a side note I expect Steph to have such a huge year this upcoming season now that KD is finally gone and Klay will be our for half the season. Steph will have the biggest green light of his career to help the team.

Andre’s free throws were the most stressful part of the game for me since he usually splits them. When he made both it was like a sign from the Basketball Gods.

Return to Golden State Warriors