ImageImageImageImageImage

Green Back 4yr/100 extension

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Re: Green Back 4yr/100 extension 

Post#41 » by killmongrel » Sat Aug 3, 2019 6:39 pm

Green spends more time with Lacob and Myers than any other player on the roster. I'm pretty sure they've had a lot of time to discuss....the final season of Game Of Thrones. Yes. That's it.
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#42 » by likashing » Sat Aug 3, 2019 6:42 pm

Samurai wrote:Great signing and a win-win situation. Although it is puzzling why he signed with Klutch; seems any agent could have gotten him that extension.

I don’t think Klutch is charging him much commission on contracts. That’s why all these players have been firing/changing agents before free agency lately.

For superstars players who get max regardless, or guys like Draymond who plans to take $100m/4 there isn’t much negotiation on the contract side anyway. They don’t want to pay commission on contracts.

Klutch probably charges them less on contract commission and more on business opportunities.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#43 » by Mylie10 » Sat Aug 3, 2019 6:44 pm

Samurai wrote:Great signing and a win-win situation. Although it is puzzling why he signed with Klutch; seems any agent could have gotten him that extension.

Maybe the Klutch signing has more to do with off court opportunities than on court for Draymond.

We saw Draymond and LeBron in the barber shop videos, so maybe there is some other things in the works.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Post#44 » by BW32 » Sat Aug 3, 2019 6:58 pm

They better pay him some extra money when he's old and washed up because he did them a solid just now.

I can't believe he hired Rich Paul just to take the extension like man that was unexpected, not complaining tho let the big 3 finish their careers here.
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,386

Post#45 » by svart » Sat Aug 3, 2019 7:31 pm

Good deal. My respect for Draymond.

Just got word today that my sister-in-law who will travel from Toronto to Romania for holidays bought me a raptors shirt.
I think this is a sign.
I will go in the woods, draw a pentagram on the ground and burn it as an offering to the DrayBEAST.
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
Mac1958
Pro Prospect
And1: 334

Post#46 » by Mac1958 » Sat Aug 3, 2019 8:50 pm

whatisacenter wrote:great news and a great deal for the Warriors to lock him before he became a FA. Bob Myers with a solid offseason.

Yeah. All things considered, fans couldn't have asked for more than this.

I'm still amazed at Looney's contract. Not bad at all, all around.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#47 » by wco81 » Sat Aug 3, 2019 9:22 pm

BW32 wrote:They better pay him some extra money when he's old and washed up because he did them a solid just now.

I can't believe he hired Rich Paul just to take the extension like man that was unexpected, not complaining tho let the big 3 finish their careers here.

Thing is, does it open up any cap space in the next couple of years when the big 3 are still in their prime?

Or does it just save the team luxury taxes?

If he'd waited until next summer for a $30 million/year contract instead of the $25 million/contract, does it allow the Warriors to sign better role players?
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#48 » by Coxy » Sat Aug 3, 2019 9:26 pm

Oh hell yes.

So much good in this. The only downside is seeing what Draybeast could have done in a contract year, but this is 100 times better. Fabulous.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#49 » by Mylie10 » Sat Aug 3, 2019 9:53 pm

Clyde! .......Paging Clyde!......anyone seen Clyde?

Myers says eat my shorts.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
nismolos
Pro Prospect
And1: 104

Post#50 » by nismolos » Sat Aug 3, 2019 10:05 pm

This is great news. Only real issue I've had this offseason was JB getting demoted to radio. But Draymond is a true Warrior, the heart of the team. We're gonna keep this thing rolling for years.

I knew this was coming but Lakers v Clippers for xmas day... they best be worried about us when Klay's back.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#51 » by Coxy » Sat Aug 3, 2019 10:50 pm

Anyone else think the injuries to Durant, Klay and Cousins this season may have effected his thought process in signing this contract extention, and not risking a contract year that will be a seriously heavy work load for him? I think it did. Being around all of those injuries, and having Demarcus next to him all year talking about how crap his situation was probably made him come back to eartch from Rich Paul telling him to go for broke for the huge dollars.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#52 » by Mylie10 » Sat Aug 3, 2019 10:59 pm

Coxy wrote:Anyone else think the injuries to Durant, Klay and Cousins this season may have effected his thought process in signing this contract extention, and not risking a contract year that will be a seriously heavy work load for him? I think it did. Being around all of those injuries, and having Demarcus next to him all year talking about how crap his situation was probably made him come back to eartch from Rich Paul telling him to go for broke for the huge dollars.

Absolutely....100%.....Yes
Khoee wrote “
Coxy
RealGM

Post#53 » by Coxy » Sat Aug 3, 2019 11:05 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
Coxy wrote:Anyone else think the injuries to Durant, Klay and Cousins this season may have effected his thought process in signing this contract extention, and not risking a contract year that will be a seriously heavy work load for him? I think it did. Being around all of those injuries, and having Demarcus next to him all year talking about how crap his situation was probably made him come back to eartch from Rich Paul telling him to go for broke for the huge dollars.

Absolutely....100%.....Yes

It's just a smart, measured move by him, and my respect for him has gone through the roof here. It's a move that seems so opposite to what all of the big ego, money centric, fame seeking players of today would do, because he understands himself and what's important to him more than we realise.

Mad love Draybeast, let's get at it for the next 4-5 years my man. :lift: :party:
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#54 » by Scoots1994 » Sun Aug 4, 2019 12:14 am

likemycurryhot wrote:Dubs front office with the low key fantastic offseason. Not only locking up the core but doing it long- term. There’s a lot to be said for stability. We also got a real asset that gives us trade potential and some nice young guys in the draft. Bob Myers really knows how to find that silver lining!

NBA media giving them a C for their offseason. Just keep under-rating the Warriors.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#55 » by Scoots1994 » Sun Aug 4, 2019 12:16 am

wco81 wrote:As long as he doesn’t get fat again.

Now no incentive to try for DPOY again.

Maybe a good tradable contract for bigger fish in a year or two?

I get the feeling his motivation has never been the contract. He got "fat" because of issues with his legs.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#56 » by Scoots1994 » Sun Aug 4, 2019 12:19 am

thinkingwarriors wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
thinkingwarriors wrote:I wonder if Draymond did this deal because he's already been promised a role in the organization after retirement?

By the time this contract runs out, Green will have banked about $200M in salaries alone. I don't think he's too worried about what he'll do after retirement.

That's not what I mean. What I'm saying is that's it's less about the money and more about securing a long term commitment with an organization that he wants to remain with into the future. If he waits until FA it introduces all sorts of variables that might jeopardize his continued relationship with the org. He's described Bob as his "life coach" and I would not be surprised if he and Bob have already discussed his moving into an FO or coaching position after retirement. By doing this deal now he's putting his money where his mouth is.

Player/coach/asst GM ... why wait until he retires?
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#57 » by Scoots1994 » Sun Aug 4, 2019 12:32 am

BW32 wrote:They better pay him some extra money when he's old and washed up because he did them a solid just now.

He can have a deal with Lacob for venture capital deals, and coaches contracts are not on the cap.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#58 » by GQ Hot Dog » Sun Aug 4, 2019 12:35 am

Mylie10 wrote:Clyde! .......Paging Clyde!......anyone seen Clyde?

Myers says eat my shorts.

Clyde's all over the GB crowing about how Dray isn't worth it, this is an overpay and Bob got jobbed because clearly Dray knows he isn't that good if he didn't want to hit FA.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,242

Post#59 » by xdrta+ » Sun Aug 4, 2019 12:36 am

Scoots1994 wrote:

He can have a deal with Lacob for venture capital deals, and coaches contracts are not on the cap.

Not sure what you mean. Player-coaches are not allowed anymore.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#60 » by Scoots1994 » Sun Aug 4, 2019 12:42 am

wco81 wrote:

Thing is, does it open up any cap space in the next couple of years when the big 3 are still in their prime?

Or does it just save the team luxury taxes?

If he'd waited until next summer for a $30 million/year contract instead of the $25 million/contract, does it allow the Warriors to sign better role players?

Makes no difference to the cap space and options ... it just saves the owners a lot of money.

Return to Golden State Warriors