Chase Center is pretty stunning

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,560

Re: Chase Center is pretty stunning 

Post#21 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:40 am

timlin500 wrote:Any info on the screen outside the arena? Seen some pics and it looks amazing, but curious if it's pretty much always open to the public to watch the game from outside? And man...wish I renewed my season tickets now...

I don't know much about it other than it is big and beautiful. There is also the funky amphitheater seating across from it, so I feel it is pretty likely at *some* point they'll be showing things for crowds there. But don't know details beyond that.

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#22 » by FNQ » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:54 am

My wife's niece is one of the bartenders there, saw all the pictures. One of my old HS buds actually did a lot of the construction.. seeing it all come together is kinda amazing.

I mean, god do I hate that its in SF. Been working in that city too long and (real reason) its too far from the job to be convenient to go to games.

But that place is gonna be sweet. And tip your bartenders you jerks.
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,560

Post#23 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:16 pm

Chris Porter's Hair wrote:
timlin500 wrote:Any info on the screen outside the arena? Seen some pics and it looks amazing, but curious if it's pretty much always open to the public to watch the game from outside? And man...wish I renewed my season tickets now...

I don't know much about it other than it is big and beautiful. There is also the funky amphitheater seating across from it, so I feel it is pretty likely at *some* point they'll be showing things for crowds there. But don't know details beyond that.

A coworker that went to a concert there a few weeks ago said the outdoor screen was being used to display transit info. Train/bus schedules and so on. So that's kinda cool and smart.

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#24 » by HiRez » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:48 am

Great pics, CPH, thanks! I guess I'm gonna have to cough up a ridiculous load of cash to see it in person. The Jumbotron is ridiculous, but I love it with the extended stats, looks super sharp, and putting content on the backside is brilliant for better angles.

Also interesting that it says "San Francisco" on one sideline...sorry Oakland.
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Post#25 » by Kuya » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:46 pm

Apparently there are 4 hidden doors inside Chase Center, let's see who discovers them
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,336

Post#26 » by KevinMcreynolds » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:56 pm

Kuya wrote:Apparently there are 4 hidden doors inside Chase Center, let's see who discovers them

my money's on Chris Paul, Ariza and Gerald Green
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
CS707
Head Coach
And1: 6,267

Post#27 » by CS707 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:52 pm

Went last night for a concert. Beautiful arena but the seating must have been designed for 10 year old kids. There is zero leg room at all.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM

Post#28 » by KevinMcreynolds » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:09 am

gst8 wrote:Went last night for a concert. Beautiful arena but the seating must have been designed for 10 year old kids. There is zero leg room at all.

Were you in the nosebleeds? Those are usually more cramped.

CS707
Head Coach
And1: 6,267

Post#29 » by CS707 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:24 am

KevinMcreynolds wrote:
gst8 wrote:Went last night for a concert. Beautiful arena but the seating must have been designed for 10 year old kids. There is zero leg room at all.

Were you in the nosebleeds? Those are usually more cramped.

Not all the way up, no. 106. Lower bowl might be better but even the higher seats are expensive enough that they should be reasonably comfortable.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM

Post#30 » by KevinMcreynolds » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:47 am

That sucks. I feel super cramped at Sharks games too and I’m only 6’. I’ll be at opening night in the lower bowl, I’ll give my seating comfort review :P

Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,695

Post#31 » by Warriorfan » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:25 am

Walking around the place is great. I don't think the place isn't as loud as Oracle.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,134

Post#32 » by cpower » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:22 am

Looks like I can finally afford a ticket to the game...a trip is being planned...
justme400e
Junior
And1: 116

Post#33 » by justme400e » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:06 am

NBA rumors: Warriors estimated Chase Center annual revenue is $700M
Drew Shiller,NBC Sports BayArea•October 24, 2019

The financial numbers are in, and they are staggering.
Tim Kawakami of The Athletic profiled the Warriors' revenue projections at Chase Center, and here is one of the main takeaways:

Starting this inaugural Chase season, it's estimated that the Warriors will take in about $700 million in annual revenue for the foreseeable future.

This about $250-300 million more than the Knicks or Lakers, the next-highest NBA teams, and possibly more than even any NFL team, "except maybe the Cowboys," one source said. Actually, in 2018, Forbes estimated that the Cowboys took in about $950 million in annual revenue, so the Warriors aren't there.

Holy moly.
It's no wonder that Forbes gave the Warriors a franchise valuation of an estimated $3.5 billion earlier this year.

And it's no wonder that Warriors owner Joe Lacob told Kawakami in February that Golden State "can do whatever we want" financially.

Rick Welts, the Warriors' President and COO, told Bloomberg's "Business of Sports" podcast in late March: "We'll be opening the building with something like $2 billion in contractually-obligated income," which is more than double what the franchise originally projected.
From corporate sponsorships, to ticket sales, to merchandise sales, to concerts, to real estate revenue, the money already is pouring in.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-rumors-warriors-estimated-chase-184841829.html
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM

Post#34 » by KevinMcreynolds » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:20 am

Just got back. There was plenty of leg room. The rows are steeper now too so if you have a tall person in front of you it doesn’t matter. I think they clean the bathrooms like every 10 minutes, they were always spotless. They were even cleaning up people’s spilled drinks in the seats. The food is much better and super cheap for a sporting event because of the Chase discount. The only thing I didn’t like is the Jumbotron is way too big, it’s really obnoxious and you can’t stop looking at it.

TinoDubs
Junior
And1: 45

Post#35 » by TinoDubs » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:05 am

KevinMcreynolds wrote:
Kuya wrote:Apparently there are 4 hidden doors inside Chase Center, let's see who discovers them

my money's on Chris Paul, Ariza and Gerald Green

No, that would be KD and Jordan Bell :)

Return to Golden State Warriors