ImageImageImageImageImage

Just for fun, checked out all the draft picks that came after Jacob Evans.

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

killmongrel
Senior
Posts: 585
And1: 280
Joined: Sep 18, 2018
 

Just for fun, checked out all the draft picks that came after Jacob Evans. 

Post#1 » by killmongrel » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:45 pm

And the only names I saw that really stood out were:

- Omari Spellman
- Jalen Brunson
- Mitchell Robinson

I mean, I guess we can't really get too mad about the FO's decision. But he still better become a solid rotational player for them to basically punt a year of his services. They knew he was injured and still drafted him. Let's see if they knew something.

But damn at Mitchell Robinson. Warriors weren't looking to draft a center though unfortunately.
azwfan
General Manager
Posts: 8,298
And1: 1,336
Joined: May 21, 2004
     

Re: Just for fun, checked out all the draft picks that came after Jacob Evans. 

Post#2 » by azwfan » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:43 am

I think BKN is high on Kurucs.

I know many in here were really hoping we'd take Bates-Diop... not sure how he has looked in Minnesota. I didn't see him enough to develop much of an opinion.

I remember being interested in Svi. I haven't seen anything to indicate he would be any better than Evans - but i haven't seen anything from Evans that makes me happy he's the guy we got.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
killmongrel
Senior
Posts: 585
And1: 280
Joined: Sep 18, 2018
 

Re: Just for fun, checked out all the draft picks that came after Jacob Evans. 

Post#3 » by killmongrel » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:55 am

azwfan wrote:I think BKN is high on Kurucs.

I know many in here were really hoping we'd take Bates-Diop... not sure how he has looked in Minnesota. I didn't see him enough to develop much of an opinion.

I remember being interested in Svi. I haven't seen anything to indicate he would be any better than Evans - but i haven't seen anything from Evans that makes me happy he's the guy we got.


The name I was seeing the most was Melvin Frazier. And he hasn't done much either. Jalen Brunson isn't really a loss. We got Omari, but we don't know what he is. Svi has pretty much been just trade fodder. KBD hasn't really shown much either. So really the only name I like is Robinson. I think he's still a few years away from being a legit starter though.

Is Kurucs going to be the starter in BKN considering they don't really have a power forward other than KD when he returns or Prince? If Evans impresses when he gets his minutes, then I'll forgive the FO's shenanigans.
azwfan
General Manager
Posts: 8,298
And1: 1,336
Joined: May 21, 2004
     

Re: Just for fun, checked out all the draft picks that came after Jacob Evans. 

Post#4 » by azwfan » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:09 am

killmongrel wrote:
azwfan wrote:I think BKN is high on Kurucs.

I know many in here were really hoping we'd take Bates-Diop... not sure how he has looked in Minnesota. I didn't see him enough to develop much of an opinion.

I remember being interested in Svi. I haven't seen anything to indicate he would be any better than Evans - but i haven't seen anything from Evans that makes me happy he's the guy we got.


The name I was seeing the most was Melvin Frazier. And he hasn't done much either. Jalen Brunson isn't really a loss. We got Omari, but we don't know what he is. Svi has pretty much been just trade fodder. KBD hasn't really shown much either. So really the only name I like is Robinson. I think he's still a few years away from being a legit starter though.

Is Kurucs going to be the starter in BKN considering they don't really have a power forward other than KD when he returns or Prince? If Evans impresses when he gets his minutes, then I'll forgive the FO's shenanigans.


Apparently we have signed Andrew Harrison to a training camp deal. Another non-wing.
Unforgivable.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
User avatar
Coxy
RealGM
Posts: 37,546
And1: 8,598
Joined: Jun 17, 2008
Location: Brought to you by the Splash Fam
   

Re: Just for fun, checked out all the draft picks that came after Jacob Evans. 

Post#5 » by Coxy » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:46 am

We may as well have drafted a packet of Maltesers instead of Evans.
“Our guys are f*%#ing giants” - Steve Kerr after Game 5 Victory
Scoots1994
Pro Prospect
Posts: 965
And1: 107
Joined: Jun 24, 2018
       

Re: Just for fun, checked out all the draft picks that came after Jacob Evans. 

Post#6 » by Scoots1994 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:29 pm

Coxy wrote:We may as well have drafted a packet of Maltesers instead of Evans.


Still too early to say.
User avatar
shazam_guy
Analyst
Posts: 3,666
And1: 343
Joined: Feb 03, 2009

Re: Just for fun, checked out all the draft picks that came after Jacob Evans. 

Post#7 » by shazam_guy » Yesterday 9:01 pm

How dare you interfere with the hot takes? How dare you, sir?
xdrta+
Starter
Posts: 2,145
And1: 1,342
Joined: Jun 18, 2018

Re: Just for fun, checked out all the draft picks that came after Jacob Evans. 

Post#8 » by xdrta+ » Today 4:05 pm

azwfan wrote:
killmongrel wrote:
azwfan wrote:I think BKN is high on Kurucs.

I know many in here were really hoping we'd take Bates-Diop... not sure how he has looked in Minnesota. I didn't see him enough to develop much of an opinion.

I remember being interested in Svi. I haven't seen anything to indicate he would be any better than Evans - but i haven't seen anything from Evans that makes me happy he's the guy we got.


The name I was seeing the most was Melvin Frazier. And he hasn't done much either. Jalen Brunson isn't really a loss. We got Omari, but we don't know what he is. Svi has pretty much been just trade fodder. KBD hasn't really shown much either. So really the only name I like is Robinson. I think he's still a few years away from being a legit starter though.

Is Kurucs going to be the starter in BKN considering they don't really have a power forward other than KD when he returns or Prince? If Evans impresses when he gets his minutes, then I'll forgive the FO's shenanigans.


Apparently we have signed Andrew Harrison to a training camp deal. Another non-wing.
Unforgivable.


They need bodies for camp, there's no room on the roster. They signed Toscano-Anderson too and have one opening left. These guys are playing for a spot in Santa Cruz or hoping another team sees them.

Return to Golden State Warriors