KD comments after Golden State

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Re: KD comments after Golden State 

Post#61 » by Coxy » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:01 am

wco81 wrote:KD has corona virus.

Bay Area is also a center of the outbreak so maybe he'd have caught it here too.

Hard to say whether he got it in NY or maybe traveling with the team, which was on a West Coast trip before the league suspended play last week.

KD getting Coronavirus has nothing to do with the Warriors.
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#62 » by Little Digger » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:07 am

Who’s this KD cat you all talk about relentlessly? Never heard of him.
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Money_
Rookie
And1: 224

Post#63 » by Money_ » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:43 am

Like the classic commercial with the old ladies: "that's not how any of this works!"

Kevin Durant hasn't been with the Warriors since last June.
The incubation period of Coronavirus is one to 14 days, with most people showing signs within 2-3 days.

1 in 3 of us will get this virus, affecting everyone to different degrees depending on the health and age of the individual and which strain they get.
Doesn't matter who you are, or where you are, unless you are already on lock down and symptom free, and stick with that for the next 3-6 weeks, 1 in 3 will get it. stay calm, stay safe, hug your kids, walk your dogs, work from home (if possible), and do some pushups.
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#64 » by Little Digger » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:47 am

Im in the top 2% of most vulnerable..So we’re in total lockout the world mode..Loving all this quality time with my fam but man do i miss March hoops...Serious withdrawals ..I need a fix..
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Money_
Rookie

Post#65 » by Money_ » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:17 am

I've been wondering about sports radio, wtf do they have to talk about? They've been rendered meaningless with no live sports. So I turned it on. Man, can those guys blather on about sports... the irony was not missed by me...
Money_
Rookie

Post#66 » by Money_ » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:33 am

Little Digger wrote:Im in the top 2% of most vulnerable..So we’re in total lockout the world mode..Loving all this quality time with my fam but man do i miss March hoops...Serious withdrawals ..I need a fix..

Yeah, it's surreal and hoops has always been my escape... It's weird not having March madness.

I am reading a bit more, studying spanish, working out, looking up new recipes and walking the hounds.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#67 » by wco81 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:49 am

One of the most common routes of infection is getting it from your family.
hamncheese
Assistant Coach
And1: 849

Post#68 » by hamncheese » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:47 pm

Money_ wrote:I've been wondering about sports radio, wtf do they have to talk about? They've been rendered meaningless with no live sports. So I turned it on. Man, can those guys blather on about sports... the irony was not missed by me...

NFL is active with free agency and trades.
Bob Myers, June 7, 2018: "“It’s not in my job description to please NBA fans. It’s to win, end of story. I don’t need to be entertained, I just need to win. That’s all it is. That’s all I was hired to do. Win.”
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#69 » by Little Digger » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:48 pm

wco81 wrote:One of the most common routes of infection is getting it from your family.
not if you did what we did..a preemptive strike ...we’ve been self quarantined for weeks
Coxy
RealGM

Post#70 » by Coxy » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:25 am

Money_ wrote:
Little Digger wrote:Im in the top 2% of most vulnerable..So we’re in total lockout the world mode..Loving all this quality time with my fam but man do i miss March hoops...Serious withdrawals ..I need a fix..

Yeah, it's surreal and hoops has always been my escape... It's weird not having March madness.

I am reading a bit more, studying spanish, working out, looking up new recipes and walking the hounds.

I’ve been expanding my beer and wine palate. Turns out Mango beer is pretty nice and Riesling is still the same vaginal backwash I always knew it to be.
Money_
Rookie

Post#71 » by Money_ » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:49 am

Coxy wrote:
Money_ wrote:

I’ve been expanding my beer and wine palate. Turns out Mango beer is pretty nice and Riesling is still the same vaginal backwash I always knew it to be.

Steady diet of Modelo, Pacifico, or Peroni...

with the occasional shot of tequilla or a whisky on the rock.

But I think I'm going to hone my margarita and vodka martini making skills.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#72 » by Coxy » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:56 am

Money_ wrote:
Coxy wrote:
Money_ wrote:

Steady diet of Modelo, Pacifico, or Peroni...

with the occasional shot of tequilla or a whisky on the rock.

But I think I'm going to hone my margarita and vodka martini making skills.

Great options.
likemycurryhot
Senior
And1: 688

Post#73 » by likemycurryhot » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:43 pm

Coxy wrote:
Money_ wrote:

Don't sleep on the fruit beers. Drinking new beers is not a real substitute for the NBA but there are far worse things in life. My dog is pumped having me around. Not sure about my wife and daughter though... :D
BG
Sixth Man
And1: 458

Post#74 » by BG » Thu Apr 2, 2020 9:55 am

don't really know where to put it, but this is the first "KD" thread i found. I just watched this interview from Fitz with Kerr, i just find it really funny, that Kerr hasn't mentioned KD once in over 30 minutes, and they talk a lot about the run to 5 straight finals. Yeah, he was not part of the whole run, and to me, Steph, Klay and Draymond symbolize this epic run as much as kerr himself. but come on, KD basically carried us to 2 titles with his amazing play in the finals, i just find it odd that the organization is kind of acting like he's basically never been here.

Warriors!!!
jamesnamida
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,048

Post#75 » by jamesnamida » Fri Apr 3, 2020 6:33 am

KD got us two rings and Id venture to say that we might’ve only gotten 1 without him if we were lucky.
Cavs has figured out the Warriors motion offense, so have a lot of other teams. Just hold on to curry and klay. They can’t call it all the time in the playoffs where refs allow more.

He deserves a statue with curry klay and draymond,
Just maybe a few yards away from them and further back :lol:
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#76 » by KevinMcreynolds » Fri Apr 3, 2020 5:03 pm

I'm grateful we got him, but he dun f'd up. Brooklyn is already not looking like a good situation (who woulda thunk?). Him and Kleiman are good businessmen, but terrible decision makers for his basketball career. He probably should have stayed in OKC, then after the fact he should have stayed here as well. Dude is living some grass is always greener fantasy.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#77 » by GQ Hot Dog » Fri Apr 3, 2020 5:46 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:I'm grateful we got him, but he dun f'd up. Brooklyn is already not looking like a good situation (who woulda thunk?). Him and Kleiman are good businessmen, but terrible decision makers for his basketball career. He probably should have stayed in OKC, then after the fact he should have stayed here as well. Dude is living some grass is always greener fantasy.

Why do you say that? I think he would have continued being great here after a year hiatus but I think Brooklyn is looking like a top-4 team in the East next year provided he and Kyrie return healthy. And even if Kyrie isn't healthy, Dinwiddie is the best backup PG in basketball. They're super deep next season and I think it's likely they see one of Philly, Boston or Toronto in the ECF.

Kyrie/Dinwiddie
Levert/Musa/TLC
Harris/Prince
KD/Kurucs
Jordan/Allen/Claxton
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#78 » by Quazza » Fri Apr 3, 2020 11:51 pm

thinkingwarriors wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:I'm grateful we got him, but he dun f'd up. Brooklyn is already not looking like a good situation (who woulda thunk?). Him and Kleiman are good businessmen, but terrible decision makers for his basketball career. He probably should have stayed in OKC, then after the fact he should have stayed here as well. Dude is living some grass is always greener fantasy.

Why do you say that? I think he would have continued being great here after a year hiatus but I think Brooklyn is looking like a top-4 team in the East next year provided he and Kyrie return healthy.

so he left a top 1 team in the NBA, to join a top 4 team in the east

(ftr - i hold absolutely no grudge and he'll always be a legend to me <3 )
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#79 » by GQ Hot Dog » Sat Apr 4, 2020 12:09 am

Quazza wrote:
thinkingwarriors wrote:

Why do you say that? I think he would have continued being great here after a year hiatus but I think Brooklyn is looking like a top-4 team in the East next year provided he and Kyrie return healthy.

so he left a top 1 team in the NBA, to join a top 4 team in the east

(ftr - i hold absolutely no grudge and he'll always be a legend to me <3 )

Well, I don't know if it's clear what we'd be next season with KD. Losing a year due to devastating injuries means it's not necessarily the case that we'd pick up right where we left off. Not to mention LA, the Clippers, Denver's progression...there are many reasons why we wouldn't be the clear cut best team in the NBA with KD next season.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,798

Post#80 » by floppymoose » Mon Apr 6, 2020 9:10 am

I’m half expecting Draymond to destroy KD in the next GSW/BKN matchup, as unlikely as that sounds.

Return to Golden State Warriors