Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Shaun Livingston appreciation thread 

Post#1 » by KevinMcreynolds » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:30 pm

Read on Twitter

Classy as they come, hope he stays with the organization

floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
BG
Sixth Man
And1: 458

Re: Shaun Livingston appreciation thread 

Post#2 » by BG » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:03 pm

True professional, always ready, always calm on the court, no need to show off or anything like that. And to come back and have a career like he did after that injury is just unbelievable, i can't imagine what he went through after that incident, so to me he's one the guys who most deserved this run over last few years. And i know it won't happen, but along with Steph, Klay, Draymond and Iguodala i would love to see his jersey retired.
Warriors!!!
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,093

Post#3 » by The-Power » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:15 pm

Thanks, Shaun! Always one of the most likable players on our team. Seemed like a great dude and I hope we'll hear from him in some capacity again.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,828

Post#4 » by cdubbz » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:58 pm

Warrior great!

Was a huge fan of Livingston when he was drafted because I was in awe of a 6’7 point guard in today’s game.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#5 » by Quazza » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:59 pm

Livo <3
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
Ganji
Analyst
And1: 1,912

Post#6 » by Ganji » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:00 am

Warrior and champion. Hope he sticks around the organization.
Read on Twitter
?s=20
Money_
Rookie
And1: 224

Post#7 » by Money_ » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:15 pm

That turnaround jumper was money. 6'7" posting up PGs. Always a class act and calming presence for this team.
Thank you Shaun!
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,247

Post#8 » by wco81 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:16 pm

I wonder if the Warriors planned to honor all the years of that contract when they signed him but just were in a crunch for cap space.

I'd like to see someone like Livingston get a job with the team than someone like Dunleavy, though that's not to discount that Dunleavy has become good at personnel evaluation or whatever his role is going to be.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,247

Post#9 » by xdrta+ » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:25 pm

wco81 wrote:I wonder if the Warriors planned to honor all the years of that contract when they signed him but just were in a crunch for cap space.

I'd like to see someone like Livingston get a job with the team than someone like Dunleavy, though that's not to discount that Dunleavy has become good at personnel evaluation or whatever his role is going to be.

I think they only partially guaranteed the last year of his contract because they thought he might be done by then. As indeed, he pretty much was his last year. I don't think they would have kept him regardless of cap room--not much room for sentiment in pro sports.
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#10 » by shazam_guy » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:00 pm

Always liked Shaun, was very sad for what appeared to be his career-ending injury back in the day, and was impressed with his comeback and very pleased when he came to the Warriors. He did everything we could have wanted. Hope he does stay attached to the Ws, but no matter what, I wish him well. Great guy.
KidPistol
Sixth Man
And1: 1,510

Post#11 » by KidPistol » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:42 pm

He will be on our coaching staff by January.
The scariest question in NBA history.

"Can Stephen Curry get better?"
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#12 » by Mylie10 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:57 am

KidPistol wrote:He will be on our coaching staff by January.

I hope so, but why you say January?

I'd hope he gets with these young kids asap, of he's going to have any kind of coaching impact. If it's just front office then ok.

I'd like to see him as a coach and mentor. He can really related for the young guys who will he counted on to contribute as soon as possible, so having a guy like Shaun to help them with the transition, expectations, and NBA life in general, would be invaluable.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,407

Post#13 » by ILOVEIT » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:53 pm

For Sure! I dont' recall Shaun making a mistake in the entire time he was on the Warriors. Pro...hit his mid range shots when we needed something other than the long ball. The bench with out Shaun would have been really bad offensively.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
likemycurryhot
Senior
And1: 688

Post#14 » by likemycurryhot » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:22 pm

Ditto all of the good stuff that folks have said. I’ll just add that Shaun really was the perfect changeup to Steph. No frills midrange vs. limitless 3pt range, sneaky power dunks vs. magical creativity around the rim, guaranteed ball security vs. go for broke passing, size and ranginess on defense vs. the willingness to gamble for steals. When he was at his peak Shaun was an incredible compliment and made it tough for the opposition to matchup and gameplan. I can’t think of a player in the league today that could bring such balance to the Dubs pg rotation.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#15 » by Mylie10 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:45 am

I recall so many warrior fans complaining about Livingston the last couple of years. Not just here, but it was often unwarranted and annoying.

I don't think fans understand how hard it is to play when you are injured or hurting.

Same for Draymond last year with the turf toe, and for several years when Iguodala was struggling with ailments.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#16 » by Coxy » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:21 am

Thanks Shaun, what a pro. Great story with more to come from him no doubt, off the court.

Return to Golden State Warriors