ImageImageImageImageImage

TRAINING CAMP THREAD: Post everything you can find

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,092

Re: TRAINING CAMP THREAD: Post everything you can find 

Post#161 » by The-Power » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:38 pm

We had ten assists last night. 10! Nobody has a clue of what to do yet, clearly, and this has to change quickly or else we'll really only rely on the heroics of Steph Curry.

Whatever the shooting talent, if you can't move the ball, execute plays and position yourself in the right spots, you'll struggle offensively. That's what veteran experience and growing together gives you and what we're sorely lacking at the moment.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,152

Post#162 » by cpower » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:46 pm

the sad thing is we could have had a 42 year old VC who can play defense and teach and knock down threes. :banghead:
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,196

Post#163 » by clyde21 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:00 pm

SpreeS wrote:1. I could vomit from Green shooting. We need his shooting to save our life and he even regrets at it.
2. D-Lo NetPTS is blowing my mind ...avg -29
3. Take out Curry and our team shoot 3P lower than 30%

I don’t consider our defense and rebounding, b/c our centers are injured. Need full picture. its clear as day, we cant keep 2/3 unproven players together on the floor. 50+ wins is like mirage for this team.

D-Lo is an empty calories player...nice stats, but when you think back to the game you'll barely remember any real or tangible impact, he's a one trick pony on offense, primarily PnR player, that doesn't offer much defensively or off-ball, his efficiency as a scorer comes and goes and he's absolutely terrible at the little things when it comes setting picks/screens etc. which is really important on this team
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#164 » by KevinMcreynolds » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:00 pm

People are complaining about how we played in a preseason game where two starters played and we had one active big man? :lol:
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#165 » by HiRez » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:14 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:People are complaining about how we played in a preseason game where two starters played and we had one active big man? :lol:

All true but you’re also a fool if you aren’t seeing real serious issues with this team that having all the players back aren’t going to solve (I don’t mean you specifically).

I’ll be surprised if we’re even over .500 after a month. Of course they can get better over time but we have holes all over the place that are separate from injuries/rest/preseason factors. And in the West they can’t afford to dig themselves a big hole early on.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM

Post#166 » by KevinMcreynolds » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:57 pm

When we have veterans like WCS, Looney, Burks, Little Dog getting the majority of the minutes and we still stink then I’ll start being concerned. Right now it’s a bunch of rookies and 2nd year guys that don’t know what they’re doing and last night they were playing the Lakers actual rotation.

It’s going to be interesting though! Around this time last year I was like “ho hum time for the regular season, when’s the playoffs?” Sh*t dun changed

CM17
Sophomore
And1: 151

Post#167 » by CM17 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:11 pm

xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,245

Post#168 » by xdrta+ » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:48 pm

Read on Twitter
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#169 » by Mylie10 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:26 pm

Props to Chriss for proving me wrong this far. Let's hope this solid attitude remains.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM

Post#170 » by KevinMcreynolds » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:02 am

Paschall da God doin work

Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Post#171 » by Samurai » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:07 am

KevinMcreynolds wrote:Paschall da God doin work

Both Paschall and GR3 played well tonight. Those two will probably be splitting the SF minutes to start the season, at least until Burks is able to join the party.
Swift21
General Manager
And1: 457

Post#172 » by Swift21 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:47 am

KevinMcreynolds wrote:Paschall da God doin work

Indeed.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#173 » by Mylie10 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:42 am

So one thing cleared up for me tonight....Robinson is a catch and shoot 3 guy.....anything other than catch and shoot, forget about it. He is a disaster when putting the ball on the floor.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#174 » by killmongrel » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:05 am

Mylie10 wrote:So one thing cleared up for me tonight....Robinson is a catch and shoot 3 guy.....anything other than catch and shoot, forget about it. He is a disaster when putting the ball on the floor.

Isn't that the best we can hope for?
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,092

Post#175 » by The-Power » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:09 am

Mylie10 wrote:So one thing cleared up for me tonight....Robinson is a catch and shoot 3 guy.....anything other than catch and shoot, forget about it. He is a disaster when putting the ball on the floor.

If he can hit that weak-side 3 like today, bring some energy on defense and run the floor then that's more than enough as long as he plays within himself. We don't need anything else with the first unit that has three players who are excellent playmakers. I liked what I saw from Robinson today.

Paschall was great, he knows what he needs to do and will be important for us. If he learns to contest shots at the rim by using his lower body, like Draymond does, then he could be very effective in the paint on defense; he has the tools to get there and already does use his body well for his age/experience. Poole I like simply because of the way he moves. His shot comes and goes and he'll have to become more consistent clearly, but he is excellent for a Rookie at moving without the ball and this alone will help to make an impact on some nights. Chriss continued to impress, can't believe I'm saying that I'm happy he's with us. And finally, Russell got it going. Great to see, great for him, great for us. Hopefully he has found his legs.

Negative, aside from a crappy start by all players, was Evans hesitance to look for his shot when he had the opportunities. He can't run around being scared to shoot an open shot or take an open lane to the rim. I can buy that he has some value defensively and can make some plays as a tertiary playmaker that doesn't make too many mistakes – but he needs to bring something else on offense to see the floor, and what he did reasonably well during summer league has left him in a diminished role in preseason. Oh, and Draymond has to not only start making shots but stop throwing wild lobs that will never work. Don't force it up, just throw them when they're there or you have a target like Cauley-Stein that can catch some crazy ones. Also, don't complain at the cost of defense. There were like three instances where he made contact at the rim, didn't get the call and he stayed in the other half complaining to the ref while the Lakers played 4 on 3. We don't have the luxury of getting away with that crap this season. Show that you're the best defender in the league by grinding and not taking possessions off.
xdrta+
General Manager

Post#176 » by xdrta+ » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:47 pm

Warrior press releases:
https://www.nba.com/warriors/news/players-waived-20191019
The Golden State Warriors have waived guard Andrew Harrison, center Kavion Pippen and guard Juan Toscano-Anderson, the team announced today.

https://www.nba.com/warriors/news/cunningham-zeisloft-signed-20191019
They also added two players, signing Jared Cunningham and Nick Zeisloft. Both will shortly be waived and sign with Santa Cruz.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Post#177 » by Samurai » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:38 pm

xdrta+ wrote:Warrior press releases:
The Golden State Warriors have waived guard Andrew Harrison, center Kavion Pippen and guard Juan Toscano-Anderson, the team announced today.

They also added two players, signing Jared Cunningham and Nick Zeisloft. Both will shortly be waived and sign with Santa Cruz.

So if no one claims them, does this mean we can sign guys like Pippen and Toscano-Anderson to Santa Cruz? Neither looked NBA-ready in the pre-season games but I'd like to see what they look like after a year of development.
xdrta+
General Manager

Post#178 » by xdrta+ » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:47 pm

Samurai wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:Warrior press releases:

So if no one claims them, does this mean we can sign guys like Pippen and Toscano-Anderson to Santa Cruz? Neither looked NBA-ready in the pre-season games but I'd like to see what they look like after a year of development.

Most likely the plan is for Pippen and Anderson to be affiliate players. The “affiliate player rule” allows a team to retain up to four of the players that they waive. Players designated as affiliate players are automatically allocated to that team’s G League affiliate if they sign a G League contract. I would think that's what they intend for Cunningham and Zeisloft also. That's why they would sign and waive them immediately.

However, affiliate players remain free agents available for any of the 30 NBA teams to sign.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#179 » by Mylie10 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:00 pm

killmongrel wrote:

Well....no....I want more than that, sorry. I like the catch and shoot makes....for sure because we have good passing.

But when I think about my starting small forward, he better do more than that. Because when those shots aren't falling, what is he good for? It's great when they go.

My fingers are crossed, so there's that.
Khoee wrote “
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#180 » by GQ Hot Dog » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:07 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
killmongrel wrote:

Well....no....I want more than that, sorry. I like the catch and shoot makes....for sure because we have good passing.

But when I think about my starting small forward, he better do more than that. Because when those shots aren't falling, what is he good for? It's great when they go.

My fingers are crossed, so there's that.

GR3 is a fine stopgap until Klay gets back. He'll slot in nicely as Klay's backup going into the playoffs(perhaps a tad optimistic considering how preseason went).
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.

Return to Golden State Warriors