Deni Avdija Full "UNGUARDABLE" 2019/20 Highlights

cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,829

Re: 2020 Draft Thread 

Post#1322 » by cdubbz » Tue Jun 2, 2020 2:38 am

Draft2020 wrote:Deni Avdija Full "UNGUARDABLE" 2019/20 Highlights

No thank you
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Post#1323 » by Commodor » Tue Jun 2, 2020 3:17 am

Isaac Okoro.

Plug and play defender, high IQ, solid build, great athleticism and a strong work ethic.

He’s got GSW written all over him. If he can develop a jumper he’ll be an all star for years.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#1324 » by Scoots1994 » Tue Jun 2, 2020 4:31 am

Trade down and get Avdija and/or Okoro later.
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#1325 » by cdubbz » Tue Jun 2, 2020 3:22 pm

Commodor wrote:Isaac Okoro.

Plug and play defender, high IQ, solid build, great athleticism and a strong work ethic.

He’s got GSW written all over him. If he can develop a jumper he’ll be an all star for years.

FOR YEAAAAARS!

Crazy that we could say that about almost any player. If Draymond developed a jumper? Oh man game over would solve a lot of our problems.

I do like Okoro though.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#1326 » by KevinMcreynolds » Tue Jun 2, 2020 6:15 pm

It's been so long since I paid any attention to draft prospects I don't even remember who I like.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#1327 » by cdubbz » Tue Jun 2, 2020 6:22 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:It's been so long since I paid any attention to draft prospects I don't even remember who I like.

It’s been so long that Emoni Bates is now draft eligible.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,199

Post#1328 » by clyde21 » Tue Jun 2, 2020 6:36 pm

you can say that about a lot of players

but yes, I like Okoro and he's one of the few good fits here in this class, I'd probably try to trade down and grab an extra asset if he's my target
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#1329 » by cdubbz » Wed Jun 3, 2020 1:51 am

clyde21 wrote:
CaliWG wrote:
clyde21 wrote:how the heck is Wiseman like Bosh?

Ability to run the floor, handle the ball, face up and shoot with range. Wiseman is bigger, stronger, longer, and a more violent finisher around the rim than Bosh at the same age. Though Bosh had a more refined back to the basket game.

?

are we talking about the same Wiseman?

Lol Agreed. Wiseman cannot handle the ball in a real game yet, his face up game needs lots of work, and hasn’t shown the ability to shoot from range in a game consistently.

I think Wiseman is a big who is really caught up in the modern game and doesn’t know what to focus on. Every big is trying to be Giannis & KD, but it may not be their skill.

If Wiseman tells himself he wants to focus on excellent defense, rebounding, blocking/altering shots, setting amazing screens and becoming a good pick n roll player than he has a future. But handling the ball, shooting from range and face to ISNT where he needs to focus just yet.
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#1330 » by shazam_guy » Wed Jun 3, 2020 6:33 am

cdubbz wrote:

FOR YEAAAAARS!

Crazy that we could say that about almost any player. If Draymond developed a jumper? Oh man game over would solve a lot of our problems.

I do like Okoro though.

Reminds me of Billy Owens, who we traded Mitch for. All through his career, right until he retired, people kept saying, "If he can just learn to shoot the jump shot" because he was so physically talented in other ways.

Never did.
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#1331 » by Warriors Analyst » Wed Jun 3, 2020 7:56 am

cdubbz wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
CaliWG wrote:Ability to run the floor, handle the ball, face up and shoot with range. Wiseman is bigger, stronger, longer, and a more violent finisher around the rim than Bosh at the same age. Though Bosh had a more refined back to the basket game.

?

Lol Agreed. Wiseman cannot handle the ball in a real game yet, his face up game needs lots of work, and hasn’t shown the ability to shoot from range in a game consistently.

I think Wiseman is a big who is really caught up in the modern game and doesn’t know what to focus on. Every big is trying to be Giannis & KD, but it may not be their skill.

If Wiseman tells himself he wants to focus on excellent defense, rebounding, blocking/altering shots, setting amazing screens and becoming a good pick n roll player than he has a future. But handling the ball, shooting from range and face to ISNT where he needs to focus just yet.

On a podcast (don’t remember which one) a while back I recall the host and guest discussing Wiseman’s view of himself as something that might not feel with how scouts see him. If I remember correctly the story was that Wiseman listed a few modern bigs like Anthony Davis, KAT, Embiid as comparisons for himself and also dropped Pascal Siakam into that list?? Siakam obviously is a 4 but he handles the ball a lot and runs pick and rolls and bombs threes off the dribble, which is why the host/guest were a little concerned about Wiseman seeing how Siakam plays and thinking he should and could emulate that.
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#1332 » by cdubbz » Wed Jun 3, 2020 3:26 pm

Warriors Analyst wrote:
cdubbz wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
?

On a podcast (don’t remember which one) a while back I recall the host and guest discussing Wiseman’s view of himself as something that might not feel with how scouts see him. If I remember correctly the story was that Wiseman listed a few modern bigs like Anthony Davis, KAT, Embiid as comparisons for himself and also dropped Pascal Siakam into that list?? Siakam obviously is a 4 but he handles the ball a lot and runs pick and rolls and bombs threes off the dribble, which is why the host/guest were a little concerned about Wiseman seeing how Siakam plays and thinking he should and could emulate that.

Yeah I listened to that podcast and they were spot on. I wanna say it was the Ringer because I listen to them mostly other than some Warrior podcasts, Jalen & Jacoby etc.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,199

Post#1333 » by clyde21 » Wed Jun 3, 2020 3:28 pm

cdubbz wrote:
Warriors Analyst wrote:
cdubbz wrote:

Yeah I listened to that podcast and they were spot on. I wanna say it was the Ringer because I listen to them mostly other than some Warrior podcasts, Jalen & Jacoby etc.

he was probably just coached to say all the best bigs he can think of when he gets asked that question, in another interview he said David Robinson
OptionZero
Starter
And1: 1,828

Post#1334 » by OptionZero » Wed Jun 3, 2020 4:21 pm

I believe the "return to play" proposal (22 teams, 8 remaining regular season games) means GSW cannot be overtaken in the lotto odds

The #1 spot has been clinched!
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#1335 » by cdubbz » Wed Jun 3, 2020 4:38 pm

OptionZero wrote:I believe the "return to play" proposal (22 teams, 8 remaining regular season games) means GSW cannot be overtaken in the lotto odds

The #1 spot has been clinched!

It’s whatever to me about odds. We share 14% with two other teams to land #1 pick.
OptionZero
Starter

Post#1336 » by OptionZero » Wed Jun 3, 2020 4:52 pm

I'm just pointing out the facts, sir.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,257

Post#1337 » by wco81 » Wed Jun 3, 2020 7:07 pm

Wiretap story that GSW has Halibruton above Ball and Hayes.

Connor Latourneau claiming that.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,412

Post#1338 » by ILOVEIT » Wed Jun 3, 2020 8:23 pm

wco81 wrote:Wiretap story that GSW has Halibruton above Ball and Hayes.

Connor Latourneau claiming that.

Smoke screen...at least I don't see it at all. His set shot three looks odd (boing!), he's skinny as heck and seems super right handed dominant. Bimbo Coles could put that highlight reel together ;)
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
OptionZero
Starter

Post#1339 » by OptionZero » Wed Jun 3, 2020 8:23 pm

We should be leaking that we love everybody, but it seems like Connor's reporting is consistently that they do not like Ball or WIseman

It doesn't even matter of thats true - the game should be that GSW loves EVERYONE and if u wanna get ur guy u better trade us. Makes no sense to leak the truth pre-draft. Hell, you should be lying about it even afterwards for a couple years
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#1340 » by azwfan » Wed Jun 3, 2020 8:35 pm

Not sure what the point would be of leaking that if it was true.
There must be someone we really like.

After watching more stuff on Okoro, he's my target.

azwfan's 2020 draft crush history
Wiseman --> Hayes --> Okongwu --> Wiseman --> Okongwu --> Okoro
#whosnext?
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.

Return to Golden State Warriors