Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Re: 2020 Draft Thread 

Post#21 » by Marcus » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:34 am

clyde21 wrote:
Coxy wrote:
clyde21 wrote:such a terrible year for us to be bad, not a lot of top tier talent, and the top tier talent is not at positions we need.

don't want Wiseman, Cole or Edwards, and definitely not LaMelo.

Why would you not want any of these guys? What do you see in Wiseman that the rest of the world is missing in terms of potential?

i mean, he's a top10 guy, but he's not really a special big, not elite defensively and isn't gonna create on his own much...why do we want a big that we need to run plays specifically for to get him involved? what does that do for our offense? '

he's Deandre Ayton with less athleticism...sorry, I'd rather have the wing or combo forward.

as for Cole...well, pretty obvious why I don't want him considering we already have Steph at PG, Anthony Edwards is kind of a bigger CJ, best position for him is the 2 and again, we have Klay there.

id rather trade down and grab extra picks than take any of those 3 guys.

The guards i get because, why would you need guards? lol.

Wiseman though even with how you view him as a big would be an ideal fit for your roster would he not? If only to be an Andre Drummond type, with the fire power you guys already have in place when healthy; I'd think that would be the right fit. Set picks, grab boards, catch lobs, and putbacks. Even if not quite positionally sound on defense as of yet still very good timing on his shot blocking and there is at least a willingness to do so. Would think he'd able to fit the Zaza/Bogut role fairly well (outside of the passing).
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#22 » by Marcus » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:35 am

clyde21 wrote:
Marcus wrote:are you guys onboard with keeping D'Angelo?

he needs to be the F off this team as soon as the clock hits 12 midnight December 15th

you speaking strictly as a value move or you don't like the fit?
Watch More Basketball

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,898

Post#23 » by whatisacenter » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:46 am

We need more length and athleticism on the roster. Whether they use the pick for themselves or they package it in a trade, they need to put some pieces around Steph that can guard the perimeter and finish above the rim.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,196

Post#24 » by clyde21 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:46 am

Marcus wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Coxy wrote:
Why would you not want any of these guys? What do you see in Wiseman that the rest of the world is missing in terms of potential?

i mean, he's a top10 guy, but he's not really a special big, not elite defensively and isn't gonna create on his own much...why do we want a big that we need to run plays specifically for to get him involved? what does that do for our offense? '

he's Deandre Ayton with less athleticism...sorry, I'd rather have the wing or combo forward.

as for Cole...well, pretty obvious why I don't want him considering we already have Steph at PG, Anthony Edwards is kind of a bigger CJ, best position for him is the 2 and again, we have Klay there.

Wiseman though even with how you view him as a big would be an ideal fit for your roster would he not? If only to be an Andre Drummond type, with the fire power you guys already have in place when healthy; I'd think that would be the right fit. Set picks, grab boards, catch lobs, and putbacks. Even if not quite positionally sound on defense as of yet still very good timing on his shot blocking and there is at least a willingness to do so. Would think he'd able to fit the Zaza/Bogut role fairly well (outside of the passing).

because we don't really need a big that isn't 1) an elite rim protector and 2) isn't gonna create any offense for himself while we have major gaps at wing and combo forward...i'd rather trade down, get an extra pick or maybe an extra pick in '21, and get a wing/combo guys that can contribute immediately.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#25 » by clyde21 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:47 am

Marcus wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Marcus wrote:are you guys onboard with keeping D'Angelo?

he needs to be the F off this team as soon as the clock hits 12 midnight December 15th

both
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#26 » by Marcus » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:51 am

clyde21 wrote:
Marcus wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

because we don't really need a big that isn't 1) an elite rim protector and 2) isn't gonna create any offense for himself while we have major gaps at wing and combo forward...i'd rather trade down, get an extra pick or maybe an extra pick in '21, and get a wing/combo guys that can contribute immediately.

obviously way too ahead and grossly off topic but you're one of my fave draft guys so screw it. Who's the guy you think is ideal in 21 to fit the current core construct if you guys can land a late lotto mid first kind of slot?
Watch More Basketball

Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#27 » by Marcus » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:52 am

clyde21 wrote:
Marcus wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

both

fit wise, too ball dominant? or the defensive side gives you pause?
Watch More Basketball

azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#28 » by azwfan » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:40 am

clyde21 wrote:
Marcus wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

Kind of agree, but would prefer a veteran as the incentive to trade down. Kind of how PHX traded down from 6 to 11 this past draft picking up Saric. If we can get a really good vet and a late lotto pick for a mid lotto pick, that is great value. If we're higher (like top 3), then i'd go for the same, but hope for either additional picks or a better vet.

I don't really want to add more than 1 rookie to this club next season. We got enough youth.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#29 » by clyde21 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:04 am

Marcus wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Marcus wrote:

obviously way too ahead and grossly off topic but you're one of my fave draft guys so screw it. Who's the guy you think is ideal in 21 to fit the current core construct if you guys can land a late lotto mid first kind of slot?

ooffff mid first? hard to say at this point, depends on which wing drops and which ones come back to school, i'd love Bryan Antoine but he's more of a 2 guard than a true wing, Anton Watson cuz I expect him to come back, Jalen Johnson or Terrence Clarke depending on who drops, also like Bolmaro, the other wings i'm expecting to go top 7 but we'll see...if we were tanking in 21 instead we'd have our pick out of Cade, Green, Kuminga, Johnson, Clarke...all wings that would slide in perfectly on this team...sheesh
clyde21
RealGM

Post#30 » by clyde21 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:07 am

Marcus wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Marcus wrote:

both

a lot of reasons, defensively he's weak at the point of attack, Steph is a good team defender but below average at the point of attack as well, i hate having a back court with two guards that are weak at the point of attack, which is why Klay was always a tremendous fit next to Steph because Klay was the good defender on-ball and Steph was the help D guy.

offensively, Dlo hasn't proven he can do anything that would allow him to thrive in this offense, he has no semblance of an off-ball game, doesn't know or understand how to set picks and screens, he's primarily really a ball dominant PnR guy and that is the antithesis of what we do here
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#31 » by Marcus » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:09 am

clyde21 wrote:
Marcus wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

ooffff mid first? hard to say at this point, depends on which wing drops and which ones come back to school, i'd love Bryan Antoine but he's more of a 2 guard than a true wing, Anton Watson cuz I expect him to come back, Jalen Johnson or Terrence Clarke depending on who drops, also like Bolmaro, the other wings i'm expecting to go top 7 but we'll see...if we were tanking in 21 instead we'd have our pick out of Cade, Green, Kuminga, Johnson, Clarke...all wings that would slide in perfectly on this team...sheesh

Right!!! Yikes
Watch More Basketball

Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#32 » by Marcus » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:10 am

clyde21 wrote:
Marcus wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
both

a lot of reasons, defensively he's weak at the point of attack, Steph is a good team defender but below average at the point of attack as well, i hate having a back court with two guards that are weak at the point of attack, which is why Klay was always a tremendous fit next to Steph because Klay was the good defender on-ball and Steph was the help D guy.

offensively, Dlo hasn't proven he can do anything that would allow him to thrive in this offense, he has no semblance of an off-ball game, doesn't know or understand how to set picks and screens, he's primarily really a ball dominant PnR guy and that is the antithesis of what we do here

Fair enough. What you expect to get back for D'Lo?
Watch More Basketball

clyde21
RealGM

Post#33 » by clyde21 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:14 am

Marcus wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Marcus wrote:

im hoping a dumb GM will give us a boatload for him, but I'd be happy with like a Okogie/1st or Cam Johnson/1st package
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#34 » by Marcus » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:17 am

clyde21 wrote:
Marcus wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

im hoping a dumb GM will give us a boatload for him, but I'd be happy with like a Okogie/1st or Cam Johnson/1st package

D-Lo in Minny wouldn't be bad. I can't see Phoenix pulling the trigger on a Booker/Russell/Rubio moshup though.
Watch More Basketball

Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#35 » by Mylie10 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:08 am

I'm sorry but Wiseman is extremely skilled. And when you combine that with the physicals it's an awesome combination.

Also to think Wiseman wouldn't benefit from playing with Steph Klay and Draymond is crazy talk. Hed already provide exactly what we need at center, but he'd also fit perfectly skill wise with what we do.

He may not be as good as AD, but so what. I doubt he's anything close to a bust. He's more of a boom player.

This kid is can't miss and if we have a shot at him, we HAVE to take him.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#36 » by Mylie10 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:41 am

I'm sorry but Wiseman is extremely skilled. And when you combine that with the physicals it's an awesome combination.

Also to think Wiseman wouldn't benefit from playing with Steph Klay and Draymond is crazy talk. Hed already provide exactly what we need at center, but he'd also fit perfectly skill wise with what we do.

He may not be as good as AD, but so what. I doubt he's anything close to a bust. He's more of a boom player.

Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#37 » by Coxy » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:06 am

Mylie10 wrote:I'm sorry but Wiseman is extremely skilled. And when you combine that with the physicals it's an awesome combination.

Amen.

I'm starting to think that there is a joke account on this board, seriously.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#38 » by Mylie10 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:30 am

Coxy wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:I'm sorry but Wiseman is extremely skilled. And when you combine that with the physicals it's an awesome combination.

Amen.

Why would we want a shoot first create type of center anyhow? I get the defensive desire, but dude shows good timing on blocks like you said Cox, and he's a really good rebounder. His size is elite, and even though he looks strong now, I expect him to get even stronger as he matures fully.

As for his offense, his footwork is so good in the post right now. He can play with his back to the basket or face guys up out to 3 point range. Whish if he's catch and shoot makes sense. I wouldn't want him jacking up threes without the ball being moved to him.

What I would hope from him projecting in our offense would be screen setting, moving the ball, and passing out of the post. But his offense is good enough now to be much more than just that.

I really don't see any downside.
Khoee wrote “
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#39 » by Coxy » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:15 am

Mylie10 wrote:
Coxy wrote:

Amen.

Why would we want a shoot first create type of center anyhow? I get the defensive desire, but dude shows good timing on blocks like you said Cox, and he's a really good rebounder. His size is elite, and even though he looks strong now, I expect him to get even stronger as he matures fully.

As for his offense, his footwork is so good in the post right now. He can play with his back to the basket or face guys up out to 3 point range. Whish if he's catch and shoot makes sense. I wouldn't want him jacking up threes without the ball being moved to him.

What I would hope from him projecting in our offense would be screen setting, moving the ball, and passing out of the post. But his offense is good enough now to be much more than just that.

I really don't see any downside.

There is literally ZERO downsize, and nothing but blistering, steaming, sweaty and sexy hot upside. I could go on a rant about that upside, but it's so obvious it grinds my gears that someone can't see it.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#40 » by clyde21 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:18 am

Coxy wrote:

Amen.

you can actually argue against my points instead of throwing ad hominems

no one is disputing Wiseman's talent within his archetype...but there are two major questions...is his archetype what this team needs and the bigger question...is his archetype worthy of a top5 pick in today's NBA? there's a reason why a guy like DeAndre Ayton needs a legit PG to contribute on offense, because he can't make things happen on his own...so if you're willing to take a C that 1) needs a playmaker to be able to produce offensively and 2) doesn't project to be a game changing defender...is that really worthy of a top5 pick? i don't think so.

what's do you think his ceiling is? Andre Drummond? even Drummond, who pops off 20/20 games every other night, has questionable team level impact because he doesn't produce his own offense and isn't a game change on D...why would you want that over a legit wing or combo forward?

Wiseman is gonna be an elite rim runner and is gonna be a hound on the boards...great, i'd rather have a wing that can defend 2-4, run the court and be a multi-level scorer...something that this team desperately needs...you can get rim runners/rebounders anywhere in the draft (obviously not on Wiseman's level but still).

Return to Golden State Warriors