ImageImageImageImageImage

TPE Trade Target Watch

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

CaliWG
Freshman
And1: 13

Re: TPE Trade Target Watch 

Post#21 » by CaliWG » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:51 am

Thoughts on Myles Turner for 2020 (with protections?)+TPE? Who is more likely to say NO Dubs or Pacers?
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,247

Post#22 » by xdrta+ » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:46 am

CaliWG wrote:Thoughts on Myles Turner for 2020 (with protections?)+TPE? Who is more likely to say NO Dubs or Pacers?

Turner makes $18M, too much to fit into the trade exception.
CaliWG
Freshman
And1: 13

Post#23 » by CaliWG » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:43 am

[gfycat][/gfycat]
xdrta+ wrote:
CaliWG wrote:Thoughts on Myles Turner for 2020 (with protections?)+TPE? Who is more likely to say NO Dubs or Pacers?

I’m just talking core pieces to the trade. It’s not too difficult to find $1M of salary to throw in to make the deal work.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#24 » by Mylie10 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:47 am

CaliWG wrote:[gfycat][/gfycat]
xdrta+ wrote:

I’m just talking core pieces to the trade. It’s not too difficult to find $1M of salary to throw in to make the deal work.

Doesn't work like that. The TPE is 17 million. You cannot add any player or money to a deal.

You can only trade for a player making 17million or less. If you get a guy who is 9 mil, you can do the deal and create a new TPE that is only worth 8 million.

But you can't go for a guy over the 17 million.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
StroShow6
Sophomore
And1: 98

Post#25 » by StroShow6 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:04 am

Will Barton and Dennis Schroeder are two interesting ones.

Would instantly become the lead scorer for the 2nd unit plus a secondary ball-handling guard that this team desperately needs.

TPE + Two Seconds for Schroder or 2021 lottery protected first?

OKC is likely going to be cutting costs and ushering in a new young core so it could work?
freypies
Junior
And1: 120

Post#26 » by freypies » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:41 am

Mylie10 wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:

Doesn't work like that. The TPE is 17 million. You cannot add any player or money to a deal.

You can only trade for a player making 17million or less. If you get a guy who is 9 mil, you can do the deal and create a new TPE that is only worth 8 million.

This is how it is usually suggested we get Turner:

We get an expiring contract worth 15-17 million and absorb it into TPE.

We bundle that guy up with filler salary to get to 18mil +, then send that + a draft pick (maybe this year's?) to Indiana in exchange for Turner.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#27 » by killmongrel » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:46 am

freypies wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:

This is how it is usually suggested we get Turner:

We get an expiring contract worth 15-17 million and absorb it into TPE.

We bundle that guy up with filler salary to get to 18mil +, then send that + a draft pick (maybe this year's?) to Indiana in exchange for Turner.
This. I would give up this year's 1st and seconds to get Turner.
OptionZero
Starter
And1: 1,828

Post#28 » by OptionZero » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:01 am

Not a sexy move, but how bout Patty Mills ($13M?)
He is 31, but extremely proven. Nearly 40% 3P shooter at over 6 attempts. Playoff tested. He can run a bench offense. We desperately need reliable shooting from anywhere. Limited use at the end of the game because he's position locked at PG.

SAS has a $118M payroll next year (assuming Derozan opts in) and they're 8 games under .500 now. Seems like offloading vets isn't the worst thing to do. Give that time to dejuntay Murray or Derrick White

Rudy Gay is mildly interesting but he completely lost his shot this year

I'd take Murray or White for their defense but i doubt SAS lets either go
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#29 » by Coxy » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:17 am

Evan Fournier?

Guy can handle and shoot. Makes $17m this year and next. Orlando don't seem to be going anywhere, might bite.

For the record, just throwing his name out there for discussion, not advocating.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#30 » by Coxy » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:19 am

The guy I really want for this TPE, is Joe Ingles. I think I'm dreaming though.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,898

Post#31 » by whatisacenter » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:22 am

I'm starting to think that Iguodala and Miami agreed on that contract extension for 15 million so the Warriors could use their TPE on him and send them one of our second round picks.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,247

Post#32 » by xdrta+ » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:53 am

whatisacenter wrote:I'm starting to think that Iguodala and Miami agreed on that contract extension for 15 million so the Warriors could use their TPE on him and send them one of our second round picks.

Do the Warriors really want to pay Iguodala $15M next season?
Coxy
RealGM

Post#33 » by Coxy » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:11 am

whatisacenter wrote:I'm starting to think that Iguodala and Miami agreed on that contract extension for 15 million so the Warriors could use their TPE on him and send them one of our second round picks.

killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#34 » by killmongrel » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:14 am

xdrta+ wrote:

To be accurate, isn't it more like 60m for a player who plays limited minutes during the regular season and hopefully more in the playoffs at the age of 37?
RussellandFlow
Bench Warmer
And1: 917
Location: San Francisco born & raised, Pacific Northwest living

Post#35 » by RussellandFlow » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:30 am

Would love Turner, could stomach Schroder since he is an UFA in 2021. No on Iggy and Patty Mills.
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,700

Post#36 » by Warriorfan » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:08 am

killmongrel wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:

To be accurate, isn't it more like 60m for a player who plays limited minutes during the regular season and hopefully more in the playoffs at the age of 37?

Warriors light yrs plan

Mia gets Iggy playoff rental.
20-21 GS uses TPE for Iggy
21-22 GS combined Iggy 15 TO, Looney 5 PO,
20 1st draftee and 21 Min 1st

Its about 20 mil exp plus 2 lotto 1sts equals near max player trade around draft.
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Post#37 » by DAWill1128 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:10 am

Coxy wrote:Evan Fournier?

Guy can handle and shoot. Makes $17m this year and next. Orlando don't seem to be going anywhere, might bite.

For the record, just throwing his name out there for discussion, not advocating.

Fournier has made himself into a really good scorer, he is really crafty and can shoot the hell out of the ball at 40% from 3. His defense leaves a lot to be desired but if Wiggins can look better on defense than maybe Fournier can. Fournier is interesting because he can play 1-3 and so he can slide right in when any one of those guys come out. I actually think we would be the best offense in the NBA with the guy.

With that being said using a 17 million TPE on a guy that’s not good on defense feels risky in that we would be stuck finding defense with the remaining assets.

In a more ideal World we might get the #1 pick and take Wiseman to play center. Trade the TPE and Minnys pick for Fournier who informs the Magic he is opting out. Crowder decides to sign with the MLE. GR3 comes back on the minimum. A decent vet point guard comes on the minimum.

Or maybe we fall outside the top 2 and say we don’t like these picks and ship the TPE and our 1st for Ingles and the Jazz first and take Reed or Lewis. Reed looks like the next big thing on defense, have not been that impressed since Green and Ben Wallace. Maybe the Jazz want to roll the dice on a lottery we aren’t interested in and free space. Sign Gasol or Baynes with the MLE. Hope some decent vets sign on the minimum.

The 2nd one we win the next two titles, too much floor IQ and savvy not to toy with everyone again.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#38 » by Mylie10 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:16 am

Coxy wrote:The guy I really want for this TPE, is Joe Ingles. I think I'm dreaming though.

Same, and I've had the same dream.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
freypies
Junior
And1: 120

Post#39 » by freypies » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:15 am

I dream of Ingles too, and Barton. I don't see either happening though :(
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,387

Post#40 » by svart » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:27 am

No.

That would be beyond dumb.
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee

Return to Golden State Warriors