ImageImageImageImageImage

TPE Trade Target Watch

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

User avatar
whatisacenter
Veteran
Posts: 2,786
And1: 3,922
Joined: Aug 05, 2013
 

Re: TPE Trade Target Watch 

Post#281 » by whatisacenter » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:57 pm

I have always like Jerami Grant currently playing on the Nuggets. I wonder if their cap situation would interest them in the Warriors TPE and a high 2nd?
wco81
RealGM
Posts: 10,736
And1: 3,722
Joined: Jul 04, 2013
     

Re: TPE Trade Target Watch 

Post#282 » by wco81 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:25 pm

Someone raised this idea, that there will be a severe contraction in the cap and luxury tax thresholds, like tens of millions.

But the NBA may allow amnestying a contract.

Teams may amnesty some good players to get their contracts not to count against their cap.

That may tempt the Warriors to amnesty Wiggins, though they need another scorer from the wing.

May also limit trade opportunities if teams are affected by a big reduction in the cap. They may not want to take on big contracts, even with draft choices attached.
Dubbsy
Freshman
Posts: 59
And1: 10
Joined: Jun 28, 2014
         

Re: TPE Trade Target Watch 

Post#283 » by Dubbsy » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:50 am

HAHAHAHA no way they amnesty WIggins.

Thats a joke.
xdrta+
Analyst
Posts: 3,618
And1: 2,511
Joined: Jun 18, 2018

Re: TPE Trade Target Watch 

Post#284 » by xdrta+ » Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:54 am

Amnesty will never be back. As for the cap, it may drop a little, but most likely they will smooth it out, so it won't go down as much as it should for the next year or two, then it won't go up as much as it should after that, until things are back on track.
User avatar
B-King
Junior
Posts: 453
And1: 45
Joined: Jan 05, 2015
       

Re: TPE Trade Target Watch 

Post#285 » by B-King » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:21 am

There is going to be some fire sales with COVID-19 remaining unchecked. I am hoping the NBA extends the TPE deadline.
Scoots1994
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,795
And1: 223
Joined: Jun 24, 2018
       

Re: TPE Trade Target Watch 

Post#286 » by Scoots1994 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:42 pm

xdrta+ wrote:Amnesty will never be back. As for the cap, it may drop a little, but most likely they will smooth it out, so it won't go down as much as it should for the next year or two, then it won't go up as much as it should after that, until things are back on track.


Latest I saw was that the cap would drop but not by as much as it could have, and then stay at that point for 3 or 4 years, and then start a gentle climb based on future revenue projections again.
User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 38,759
And1: 8,664
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

Re: TPE Trade Target Watch 

Post#287 » by Mylie10 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:38 pm

The more I think about it, Winslow could be the prefect fit for the TPE. If it were not for his injury history, it would be a no brained. And the fact that he has had back and hip injuries, it’s really scary.

If we could get some sort of clean bill of health, or a good doctors report, then he would fit perfectly in a few ways. Defense, pg skills, size etc
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Scoots1994
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,795
And1: 223
Joined: Jun 24, 2018
       

Re: TPE Trade Target Watch 

Post#288 » by Scoots1994 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:54 pm

Mylie10 wrote:The more I think about it, Winslow could be the prefect fit for the TPE. If it were not for his injury history, it would be a no brained. And the fact that he has had back and hip injuries, it’s really scary.

If we could get some sort of clean bill of health, or a good doctors report, then he would fit perfectly in a few ways. Defense, pg skills, size etc


Yeah, if. He's good when healthy.
wco81
RealGM
Posts: 10,736
And1: 3,722
Joined: Jul 04, 2013
     

Re: TPE Trade Target Watch 

Post#289 » by wco81 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:33 pm

Iggy still effective.

Playing key minutes for Miami.

No way to get him into this TPE? Can't trade the same player for the TPE his trade created?
xdrta+
Analyst
Posts: 3,618
And1: 2,511
Joined: Jun 18, 2018

Re: TPE Trade Target Watch 

Post#290 » by xdrta+ » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:02 am

wco81 wrote:Iggy still effective.

Playing key minutes for Miami.

No way to get him into this TPE? Can't trade the same player for the TPE his trade created?


I don't see why not, never heard that would be a problem. It would be unusual, though. Iggy is doing what he always does, closing out playoff games for Miami. I guarantee you every coach in the playoffs would be happy to have him coming off the bench to close out games.
wco81
RealGM
Posts: 10,736
And1: 3,722
Joined: Jul 04, 2013
     

Re: TPE Trade Target Watch 

Post#291 » by wco81 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:12 am

If it’s a team option next season they might not want to give him $15 million.
ShayDee
Junior
Posts: 372
And1: 67
Joined: Mar 30, 2020
     

Re: TPE Trade Target Watch 

Post#292 » by ShayDee » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:02 am

I think we would be able to find a player for the TPE and we won't have to give assets to get them. We might even take assets to absorb the contract but I don't think Bob will use the full thing. Also it's going to be very very very difficult to trade down in this draft. Teams below us from 3-8 do not want to trade up and I believe we want future assets to trade down so after 8 it becomes very murky what the value to go from 9 to 2 is.

We might end up settling with the expensive #2 pick and it's going to be between Edwards, Wiseman and Deni. I say Deni because I believe the FO loves him way more than anyone in this draft, even Edwards but are hesitating to take him at 2. So they might want to trade down to grab him later but he will be gone by 4 to the Bulls imo so trading down becomes extra underwhelming, unless they are fine with Patrick Williams. I know every one is saying Wiseman, but I think the FO likes him the least, even if the players like him a lot
MrMean
Ballboy
Posts: 4
And1: 0
Joined: Aug 24, 2020

Re: TPE Trade Target Watch 

Post#293 » by MrMean » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:34 pm

Josh Richardson, Marcus Smart and Kelly Oubre are my picks for the TPE.
GQ Hot Dog
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,701
And1: 3,739
Joined: May 15, 2006
Location: On the road...
     

Re: TPE Trade Target Watch 

Post#294 » by GQ Hot Dog » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:45 pm

wco81 wrote:If it’s a team option next season they might not want to give him $15 million.


The only reason they don't want to pay him next year since he's playing so well now is if their finances have gotten shaky post-Covid. Since team owner Micky Arison has a personal fortune of at least $9 billion that doesn't seem likely.
Bob Meyers, June 7, 2018: "“It’s not in my job description to please NBA fans. It’s to win, end of story. I don’t need to be entertained, I just need to win. That’s all it is. That’s all I was hired to do. Win.”
User avatar
marthafokker
Head Coach
Posts: 6,358
And1: 316
Joined: Jul 13, 2004

Re: TPE Trade Target Watch 

Post#295 » by marthafokker » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:14 pm

With today's thing... Assuming the NBA playoff is cancelled, the TPE is going to even more value next season.

Management even tank to avoid bubble and issues from today.

Light year baby!
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
wco81
RealGM
Posts: 10,736
And1: 3,722
Joined: Jul 04, 2013
     

Re: TPE Trade Target Watch 

Post#296 » by wco81 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:23 pm

GQ Hot Dog wrote:
wco81 wrote:If it’s a team option next season they might not want to give him $15 million.


The only reason they don't want to pay him next year since he's playing so well now is if their finances have gotten shaky post-Covid. Since team owner Micky Arison has a personal fortune of at least $9 billion that doesn't seem likely.


But supposedly they're trying to manage cap space for free agency in 2021.

So if they want to make big signings in summer 2021 (or whenever the free agency begins) they may decline the option on Iggy for the 2021-22 season.
Scoots1994
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,795
And1: 223
Joined: Jun 24, 2018
       

Re: TPE Trade Target Watch 

Post#297 » by Scoots1994 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:39 pm

If the rest of the season is cancelled and the Warriors make the finals next year can they say they made 6 finals in a row?
User avatar
marthafokker
Head Coach
Posts: 6,358
And1: 316
Joined: Jul 13, 2004

Re: TPE Trade Target Watch 

Post#298 » by marthafokker » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:02 pm

With the player strike yesterday, it is officially considered a strike and have broken the CBA agreement. Owners might overlook this, but I think there would be a lockout and CBA ripped up if players strike and cancel the playoff.

If there is no 2021 season, so Dubbs still have the best odds to #1 pick for 2021? And hope Minny gets #4 pick with lottery?

Light-years.... Baby.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
ShayDee
Junior
Posts: 372
And1: 67
Joined: Mar 30, 2020
     

Re: TPE Trade Target Watch 

Post#299 » by ShayDee » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:05 pm

marthafokker wrote:With the player strike yesterday, it is officially considered a strike and have broken the CBA agreement. Owners might overlook this, but I think there would be a lockout and CBA ripped up if players strike and cancel the playoff.

If there is no 2021 season, so Dubbs still have the best odds to #1 pick for 2021? And hope Minny gets #4 pick with lottery?

Light-years.... Baby.


We can get both Wiseman and Cade? :nod:
User avatar
marthafokker
Head Coach
Posts: 6,358
And1: 316
Joined: Jul 13, 2004

Re: TPE Trade Target Watch 

Post#300 » by marthafokker » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:09 pm

Too bad... Strike is over.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.

Return to Golden State Warriors