TPE Trade Target Watch

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

OptionZero
Starter
And1: 1,828

Re: TPE Trade Target Watch 

Post#81 » by OptionZero » Fri Apr 3, 2020 11:40 pm

thinkingwarriors wrote:
OptionZero wrote:why would we take Wiseman and how the hell do you expect him to be worth minutes on a title team?

folks are insane

Because if Damian Jones was worth starting for us and getting 17mpg two seasons ago than Wiseman is too. Jones was a horrible basketball player but just his size and length allowed him to be a useful screen-setter and rim-runner and Wiseman could without a doubt provide that as well from day one.

He wasn't

and he was the #30 pick

and last year was year 3

and he wasn't 18 years old

He sucked

We had KD

Steph and Klay were younger

Klay wasn't coming off an injury

Dray hadn't taken a year off due to disinterest and injuries.

It's insane to take Wiseman
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#82 » by GQ Hot Dog » Fri Apr 3, 2020 11:46 pm

OptionZero wrote:
thinkingwarriors wrote:
OptionZero wrote:why would we take Wiseman and how the hell do you expect him to be worth minutes on a title team?

folks are insane

Because if Damian Jones was worth starting for us and getting 17mpg two seasons ago than Wiseman is too. Jones was a horrible basketball player but just his size and length allowed him to be a useful screen-setter and rim-runner and Wiseman could without a doubt provide that as well from day one.

He wasn't

and he was the #30 pick

and last year was year 3

He sucked

We had KD

For the record, my preference at this point is to trade down to 6-10 range and take Patrick Williams.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
mos_def
Sixth Man
And1: 277

Post#83 » by mos_def » Sat Apr 4, 2020 1:23 am

thinkingwarriors wrote:
He wasn't

and he was the #30 pick

and last year was year 3

He sucked

We had KD

For the record, my preference at this point is to trade down to 6-10 range and take Patrick Williams.[/quote]

Why do you want a wing who plays the same position as Wiggins? He isnt a guard so he would be a swing forward?
kingcong95
Junior
And1: 129

Post#84 » by kingcong95 » Sat Apr 4, 2020 1:24 am

thinkingwarriors wrote:
OptionZero wrote:
thinkingwarriors wrote:

He wasn't

and he was the #30 pick

and last year was year 3

He sucked

We had KD

For the record, my preference at this point is to trade down to 6-10 range and take Patrick Williams.

I think Williams would be a bit of a reach at 6-10.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager

Post#85 » by GQ Hot Dog » Sat Apr 4, 2020 1:54 am

mos_def wrote:
thinkingwarriors wrote:
OptionZero wrote:
He wasn't

and he was the #30 pick

and last year was year 3

He sucked

We had KD

Why do you want a wing who plays the same position as Wiggins? He isnt a guard so he would be a swing forward?

I think Williams is the ideal player to match up against 3-4 forwards like Lebron and Kawhi. Wiggins has shown he's capable of handling those match ups decently as well but those guys draw so many fouls you can't have too many bodies to throw at them.

He also has a polished midrange game and a developing 3 pointer and can handle.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager

Post#86 » by GQ Hot Dog » Sat Apr 4, 2020 2:10 am

kingcong95 wrote:
thinkingwarriors wrote:
OptionZero wrote:
He wasn't

and he was the #30 pick

and last year was year 3

He sucked

We had KD

When I first noticed Williams nbadraft.net had him going late 2nd. Their most recent mock from March 25th has him going early 2nd. Tankathon's latest mock from March 30th has him going 28th overall. SI's latest from March 31st has him going 20th. NBC has him going 17th from their mock on April 1st. Rookie Wire has him going 14th as of yesterday. And as of this morning, CBS sports is suggesting him as a good fit for Sacramento at 11th overall.

Let's see where he is tomorrow but nothing would surprise me.
The hottest of takes...
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#87 » by azwfan » Sat Apr 4, 2020 9:27 pm

thinkingwarriors wrote:
kingcong95 wrote:
thinkingwarriors wrote:

When I first noticed Williams nbadraft.net had him going late 2nd. Their most recent mock from March 25th has him going early 2nd. Tankathon's latest mock from March 30th has him going 28th overall. SI's latest from March 31st has him going 20th. NBC has him going 17th from their mock on April 1st. Rookie Wire has him going 14th as of yesterday. And as of this morning, CBS sports is suggesting him as a good fit for Sacramento at 11th overall.

You may want to change your screenname to "thinkingwilliams". Just a suggestion. :D
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager

Post#88 » by GQ Hot Dog » Sat Apr 4, 2020 11:55 pm

azwfan wrote:
thinkingwarriors wrote:
kingcong95 wrote:

You may want to change your screenname to "thinkingwilliams". Just a suggestion. :D

If I could I would. I actually tracked down the RGM thread where someone had posted Joe Lacob's email address and I messaged him urging him to tell Bob to draft him.
The hottest of takes...
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,828

Post#89 » by cdubbz » Sun Apr 5, 2020 2:42 am

Just cause I’m a fanboy of the two.

I’d love to use our TPE on Austin Rivers & Gary Trent Jr. A backup PG and backup SG. Blazers have McCollum, Ant Simmons, Hood, 14th pick so a ton of 2guards.

Trent Jr - $1.6mil
Rivers - $2.3mil

Leaves $13.3 mil left for our TPE.
Marcus Smart - $12mil
Dedmon - $12mil
Will Barton - $12.7
Tony Snell - $11.3
Kelly Olynyk - $13.1

I’m convinced loading up our wings with guys who can contribute and having a decent big man rotation (Green, Paschall, Looney, Chriss, Wiseman?) is the key. Not too many “star” players I see that we can use our TPE On.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#90 » by HiRez » Sun Apr 5, 2020 8:13 pm

StroShow6 wrote:Will Barton and Dennis Schroeder are two interesting ones.

Would instantly become the lead scorer for the 2nd unit plus a secondary ball-handling guard that this team desperately needs.

TPE + Two Seconds for Schroder or 2021 lottery protected first?

OKC is likely going to be cutting costs and ushering in a new young core so it could work?

I agree, either of those 2 guys would be dynamite for us. Schroder a little more offensively focused, Barton a little more defensive, better size, and he's a good rebounder for a guard, but both can handle backup PG duties and both can shoot the 3 competently. Only concern I have with Barton is his injury history, it's not good, therefore I'd probably go with Schroder if I had to choose just for the risk factor.

Also love Dinwiddie but I don't know if he's gettable with our TPE, if he leaves BRK he's probably due a big payday after the season he had.
kingcong95
Junior
And1: 129

Post#91 » by kingcong95 » Sun Apr 5, 2020 8:18 pm

cdubbz wrote:Just cause I’m a fanboy of the two.

I’d love to use our TPE on Austin Rivers & Gary Trent Jr. A backup PG and backup SG. Blazers have McCollum, Ant Simmons, Hood, 14th pick so a ton of 2guards.

Trent Jr - $1.6mil
Rivers - $2.3mil

Leaves $13.3 mil left for our TPE.
Marcus Smart - $12mil
Dedmon - $12mil
Will Barton - $12.7
Tony Snell - $11.3
Kelly Olynyk - $13.1

I’m convinced loading up our wings with guys who can contribute and having a decent big man rotation (Green, Paschall, Looney, Chriss, Wiseman?) is the key. Not too many “star” players I see that we can use our TPE On.

Rivers has a player option, and was signed with the minimum exception so he does not need a TPE. We also have TPE's for Burks and GR3 big enough to take on Trent's 1.66M. So those guys shouldn't affect the 17.2M at all.
Instead, my questions are 1) where does that leave Poole? He still takes a roster spot even if stashed in Santa Cruz; 2) why would our recent playoff opponents Houston or Portland help us?
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,247

Post#92 » by xdrta+ » Sun Apr 5, 2020 8:25 pm

HiRez wrote:
StroShow6 wrote:Will Barton and Dennis Schroeder are two interesting ones.

Would instantly become the lead scorer for the 2nd unit plus a secondary ball-handling guard that this team desperately needs.

TPE + Two Seconds for Schroder or 2021 lottery protected first?

OKC is likely going to be cutting costs and ushering in a new young core so it could work?

I agree, either of those 2 guys would be dynamite for us. Schroder a little more offensively focused, Barton a little more defensive, better size, and he's a good rebounder for a guard, but both can handle backup PG duties and both can shoot the 3 competently. Only concern I have with Barton is his injury history, it's not good, therefore I'd probably go with Schroder if I had to choose just for the risk factor.

Also love Dinwiddie but I don't know if he's gettable with our TPE, if he leaves BRK he's probably due a big payday after the season he had.

Dinwiddie's signed next year for $11.4M with a $12.3M PO the year after that. Would Brooklyn trade him for draft picks? Maybe.
OptionZero
Starter
And1: 1,828

Post#93 » by OptionZero » Mon Apr 6, 2020 12:59 am

how is patrick williams better than . . . Devin Vassell?
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager

Post#94 » by GQ Hot Dog » Mon Apr 6, 2020 3:32 am

OptionZero wrote:how is patrick williams better than . . . Devin Vassell?

After watching quite a bit of footage of both:

1. Williams is a much bigger, stronger and more explosive athlete. More of a 3/4 while Vassell is a 2/3.
2. Williams is a smarter and more impactful defender. When you watch Williams on defense he's a quarterback, constantly communicating assignments and switching on time and with great instincts. Vassell is a very good defender, very determined pursuing the ball but he doesn't look to me to have elite quickness and he's not that strong. One thing that really jumps out at you is how much he gets hung up on screens.
3. Williams has ball handling and play making potential and is a very good passer. That's not Vassell's game, he's a gunner first and foremost and is developing some shotmaking where he can put the ball on the floor 2-3 times and rise for a jumper. His shot is further along than Williams although Williams shot is gorgeous and will become reliable with reps I have no doubt.

Vassell's offensive game reminds me a bit of Klay's and he looks and moves on the court like KCP.

Williams looks and moves like Kawhi, the comparison is spot on.

The hottest of takes...
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#95 » by azwfan » Mon Apr 6, 2020 6:19 am

thinkingwarriors wrote:

1. Williams is a much bigger, stronger and more explosive athlete. More of a 3/4 while Vassell is a 2/3.
2. Williams is a smarter and more impactful defender. When you watch Williams on defense he's a quarterback, constantly communicating assignments and switching on time and with great instincts. Vassell is a very good defender, very determined pursuing the ball but he doesn't look to me to have elite quickness and he's not that strong. One thing that really jumps out at you is how much he gets hung up on screens.
3. Williams has ball handling and play making potential and is a very good passer. That's not Vassell's game, he's a gunner first and foremost and is developing some shotmaking where he can put the ball on the floor 2-3 times and rise for a jumper. His shot is further along than Williams although Williams shot is gorgeous and will become reliable with reps I have no doubt.

Vassell's offensive game reminds me a bit of Klay's and he looks and moves on the court like KCP.

After watching a bunch of footage of both of these guys, as well as Okongwu... I'm going to be really disappointed if whoever we pick is not a defender (rolls eyes away from Avdija).
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#96 » by cdubbz » Mon Apr 6, 2020 5:01 pm

Going back to any Embiid trade.

So it’s possible we pair our 2020 pick, Wolves 21 pick + TPE for Embiid correct?
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,150

Post#97 » by TB » Mon Apr 6, 2020 5:20 pm

thinkingwarriors wrote:

Should also be mentioned that Williams is WAY ahead of where Vassell was as a freshman last year.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,749

Post#98 » by gswhoops » Mon Apr 6, 2020 5:53 pm

cdubbz wrote:Going back to any Embiid trade.

So it’s possible we pair our 2020 pick, Wolves 21 pick + TPE for Embiid correct?

We'd have to turn the TPE into an expiring and then flip that for Embiid. We need to send out $23.64M to make it match up.

So, for example, we trade the TPE to Minnesota for James Johnson ($16M expiring contract). Draft whoever Philly wants with our pick, sign them, and then flip JJ + pick + some filler if necessary (Poole?) + MIN pick for Embiid.
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#99 » by cdubbz » Mon Apr 6, 2020 6:05 pm

gswhoops wrote:

We'd have to turn the TPE into an expiring and then flip that for Embiid. We need to send out $23.64M to make it match up.

So, for example, we trade the TPE to Minnesota for James Johnson ($16M expiring contract). Draft whoever Philly wants with our pick, sign them, and then flip JJ + pick + some filler if necessary (Poole?) + MIN pick for Embiid.

Got it! Thanks.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,247

Post#100 » by xdrta+ » Mon Apr 6, 2020 7:48 pm

gswhoops wrote:

Trade exceptions are never traded. They would have to trade draft picks for Johnson, then the trade exception would allow them to be over the cap and absorb the $16M contract.

Return to Golden State Warriors