ImageImageImageImageImage

Which current Warriors do you want to see back on the roster next season?

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

wco81
RealGM
Posts: 11,065
And1: 3,934
Joined: Jul 04, 2013
     

Re: Which current Warriors do you want to see back on the roster next season? 

Post#81 » by wco81 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:56 am

clyde21 wrote:because I know my ****.

.



You've wanted to trade Klay or not extend him.

You also thought Goff was going to be the ****.

Hey it's one thing to have strong opinions on the Internet. But professionals get paid to make the decisions.

If you're going to convince anyone, it would have to be the team's brain trust.
BballIntellect
Junior
Posts: 268
And1: 101
Joined: Sep 04, 2019
   

Re: Which current Warriors do you want to see back on the roster next season? 

Post#82 » by BballIntellect » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:00 am

clyde21 wrote:
wco81 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
i mean, let's say we trade Dlo to Minny for Covington and their 1st, then grab Lewis and Agbaji for with our 2 firsts, that right there we already have 3 wings that would be better than any of the guys we have today.



Those guys would be chosen 10-20?

Maybe they would eventually be good but within the next 2-3 years when the Warriors could still contend?

Because there have been a lot of wings drafted very high who've taken years to pan out.

Ingram is having a career year so far, in his 4th season, just before he's due for an extension.

Jalen Brown is shooting lights out, but again, it's his 4th season.

Tatum started out shooting real well but this year but in this 3rd season, he's increased the volume of attempts including from 3 and his efficiency has gone down.

Then go lower in the draft and a lot of wings have been busts, like Wesley Johnson, Hejonja, Stanley Johnson etc.


So I'm not sure replacing vets with mid-level rookies is a good idea for the next 2-3 years of contention.


yes, thse guys would be able to contend right way.

really i don't understand how people are enamored with Robinson or Burks or whoever is on this roster is right now, you can find guys like Robinson/Burks in FA literally every year for the minimum, every year.

the plan should be to upgrade those guys ASAP.


I agree about Covington being better than our current wings but Lewis and whoever the other guy is litterally haven't even entered the league yet. You're playing a game of hypothetical based on your fantasy for this team. Rather than things based on facts.

We all have secret players we like in the draft and our ideal team for next year and so on but you're getting carried away when you're saying that two college players are already better than current veteran wings who have played in the league for multiple years.

Especially when those said players probably won't even be lottery picks. Maybe for Lewis but at the back end of it.

Burks is on of the best sixth man in the league and can score 15 in his sleep. GR3 has been one of our most consistent role players. He guards the opposing teams best wings every game and his three point shot has been surprisingly great.

You can have whatever opinion you have about our current players but you can't sit here and say that two college players you like are better than players with 5+ years in the NBA and expect people to take you seriously.

That's foolish.
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 43,890
And1: 49,551
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: Which current Warriors do you want to see back on the roster next season? 

Post#83 » by clyde21 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:10 am

wco81 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
wco81 wrote:

Those guys would be chosen 10-20?

Maybe they would eventually be good but within the next 2-3 years when the Warriors could still contend?

Because there have been a lot of wings drafted very high who've taken years to pan out.

Ingram is having a career year so far, in his 4th season, just before he's due for an extension.

Jalen Brown is shooting lights out, but again, it's his 4th season.

Tatum started out shooting real well but this year but in this 3rd season, he's increased the volume of attempts including from 3 and his efficiency has gone down.

Then go lower in the draft and a lot of wings have been busts, like Wesley Johnson, Hejonja, Stanley Johnson etc.


So I'm not sure replacing vets with mid-level rookies is a good idea for the next 2-3 years of contention.


yes, thse guys would be able to contend right way.

really i don't understand how people are enamored with Robinson or Burks or whoever is on this roster is right now, you can find guys like Robinson/Burks in FA literally every year for the minimum, every year.

the plan should be to upgrade those guys ASAP.



Sure, upgrade but not with the 10-20th players in this draft class.

Those would be marginally better-graded prospects than the Evanes, the Pooles, the Jones, the Bells, the McCaws that the Warriors have had to settle for the last 4-5 years.

My guess is, unless there's a huge deal to be made which would require trading them or turning them into some draft assets, Myers will wait and evaluate them vs. players they may like in the draft. If they see wings in the draft whom they think can play really well as rookies, they'll go for it.

My guess is, they only do that for top 5 or top 10 talent, not for players chosen in the mid teens or later.

And only because the top 5 or 10 players have high ceilings, though they may not hit those high ceilings while Curry and Klay are still top 10 and 1op 20 players.


again, says who? look at who was just drafted in that range this year, Thybulle, Washinghton, Herro, Bitadze, Clarke, and NAW...i'd take every single one of them TODAY over the players you mentioned. in 2018 you had Shai, Bridges, DiVincenzo, Okogie and Walker in that range, again I'd take all of them over the trash heap of players listed above.

and really, i still don't understand what your point is...are you saying you don't want to trade down because the players in that range aren't ready to contribute? that's not true. usually the lower you go down in the draft the higher floor players you find...top5-10 is when you're looking for ceiling, usually one-and-done players, not necessarily high floor guys. you have it backwards

and again...players like Damion Lee and Glen Robinson are literally available for cheap every single off-season, who the hell cares?
#BLM #FREEPALESTINE
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 43,890
And1: 49,551
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: Which current Warriors do you want to see back on the roster next season? 

Post#84 » by clyde21 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:13 am

BballIntellect wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
wco81 wrote:

Those guys would be chosen 10-20?

Maybe they would eventually be good but within the next 2-3 years when the Warriors could still contend?

Because there have been a lot of wings drafted very high who've taken years to pan out.

Ingram is having a career year so far, in his 4th season, just before he's due for an extension.

Jalen Brown is shooting lights out, but again, it's his 4th season.

Tatum started out shooting real well but this year but in this 3rd season, he's increased the volume of attempts including from 3 and his efficiency has gone down.

Then go lower in the draft and a lot of wings have been busts, like Wesley Johnson, Hejonja, Stanley Johnson etc.


So I'm not sure replacing vets with mid-level rookies is a good idea for the next 2-3 years of contention.


yes, thse guys would be able to contend right way.

really i don't understand how people are enamored with Robinson or Burks or whoever is on this roster is right now, you can find guys like Robinson/Burks in FA literally every year for the minimum, every year.

the plan should be to upgrade those guys ASAP.


I agree about Covington being better than our current wings but Lewis and whoever the other guy is litterally haven't even entered the league yet. You're playing a game of hypothetical based on your fantasy for this team. Rather than things based on facts.

We all have secret players we like in the draft and our ideal team for next year and so on but you're getting carried away when you're saying that two college players are already better than current veteran wings who have played in the league for multiple years.

Especially when those said players probably won't even be lottery picks. Maybe for Lewis but at the back end of it.

Burks is on of the best sixth man in the league and can score 15 in his sleep. GR3 has been one of our most consistent role players. He guards the opposing teams best wings every game and his three point shot has been surprisingly great.

You can have whatever opinion you have about our current players but you can't sit here and say that two college players you like are better than players with 5+ years in the NBA and expect people to take you seriously.

That's foolish.


Lewis is a better defender than Robinson from day one, that's indisputable...and really that's not saying much, because Robinson sucks, and so does Lee and so does Burks and so does Omari. these are a dime-a-dozen players that can found off waivers literally at any point in time...hell we got all of them for dirt chip this year and we can get players like them for nothing every year...the idea that we should pass up good wing prospects because we have these turds on the roster is comical on every level...like there is no logic behind what you're saying at all.
#BLM #FREEPALESTINE
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 43,890
And1: 49,551
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: Which current Warriors do you want to see back on the roster next season? 

Post#85 » by clyde21 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:14 am

really if guys like Lee and Robinson are in your planned rotation for next year you have failed. i'd rather have good prospects in those positions than known crappy players.
#BLM #FREEPALESTINE
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 43,890
And1: 49,551
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: Which current Warriors do you want to see back on the roster next season? 

Post#86 » by clyde21 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:16 am

wco81 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:because I know my ****.

.



You've wanted to trade Klay or not extend him.

You also thought Goff was going to be the ****.

Hey it's one thing to have strong opinions on the Internet. But professionals get paid to make the decisions.

If you're going to convince anyone, it would have to be the team's brain trust.


and i've also had monster hits, we go through them too if you'd like my guy.

and I never said I didn't want to extend Klay, you're more than welcome to actually pull up any quote on that because you're just nonsense lying at this point.
#BLM #FREEPALESTINE
User avatar
Coxy
RealGM
Posts: 40,120
And1: 9,921
Joined: Jun 17, 2008
Location: Brought to you by the Splash Fam
   

Re: Which current Warriors do you want to see back on the roster next season? 

Post#87 » by Coxy » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:16 am

clyde21 wrote:
Coxy wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
yes, thse guys would be able to contend right way.

really i don't understand how people are enamored with Robinson or Burks or whoever is on this roster is right now, you can find guys like Robinson/Burks in FA literally every year for the minimum, every year.

the plan should be to upgrade those guys ASAP.


How do you know Lewis and Agbaji would be NBA ready from day 1 in an NBA uniform?


because I know my ****.

and even if their not...so what? we should pass up on good wing prospects because of Glen **** Robinson?

yea, good luck with that.


Right, you don't know at all.

Those players you mention MAY be ready right away, 1 of them may flop spectacularly though, and the other may do well. Or, they might both suck ass worse than GRIII and Burks. That's the reality.
Chris Porter's Hair wrote:but in a startling development the General board didn't agree.
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 43,890
And1: 49,551
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: Which current Warriors do you want to see back on the roster next season? 

Post#88 » by clyde21 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:19 am

Coxy wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Coxy wrote:
How do you know Lewis and Agbaji would be NBA ready from day 1 in an NBA uniform?


because I know my ****.

and even if their not...so what? we should pass up on good wing prospects because of Glen **** Robinson?

yea, good luck with that.


Right, you don't know at all.

Those players you mention MAY be ready right away, 1 of them may flop spectacularly though, and the other may do well. Or, they might both suck ass worse than GRIII and Burks. That's the reality.


but even IF they're not ready, who cares? that's the point. i'm not willing to pass up on good wing prospects, even IF they're not ready, just because of Damion **** Lee and Glen **** Robinson.

it's completely nonsensical.
#BLM #FREEPALESTINE
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 43,890
And1: 49,551
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: Which current Warriors do you want to see back on the roster next season? 

Post#89 » by clyde21 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:21 am

what you rather have Tyler Herro, PJ Washington, or Matisse Thybulle today on the roster or Glen Robinson, Damion Lee and Omari Spellman?

if you choose the latter all i can do is laugh tbh.
#BLM #FREEPALESTINE
User avatar
Coxy
RealGM
Posts: 40,120
And1: 9,921
Joined: Jun 17, 2008
Location: Brought to you by the Splash Fam
   

Re: Which current Warriors do you want to see back on the roster next season? 

Post#90 » by Coxy » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:23 am

clyde21 wrote:
Coxy wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
because I know my ****.

and even if their not...so what? we should pass up on good wing prospects because of Glen **** Robinson?

yea, good luck with that.


Right, you don't know at all.

Those players you mention MAY be ready right away, 1 of them may flop spectacularly though, and the other may do well. Or, they might both suck ass worse than GRIII and Burks. That's the reality.


but even IF they're not ready, who cares? that's the point. i'm not willing to pass up on good wing prospects, even IF they're not ready, just because of Damion **** Lee and Glen **** Robinson.

it's completely nonsensical.


That's a differen't subject then. The point I was trying to make was about you being so sure that they would be NBA ready on a contender fresh out of college, and how that observation was in fact, completely nonsensical.
Chris Porter's Hair wrote:but in a startling development the General board didn't agree.
BballIntellect
Junior
Posts: 268
And1: 101
Joined: Sep 04, 2019
   

Re: Which current Warriors do you want to see back on the roster next season? 

Post#91 » by BballIntellect » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:31 am

clyde21 wrote:
BballIntellect wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
yes, thse guys would be able to contend right way.

really i don't understand how people are enamored with Robinson or Burks or whoever is on this roster is right now, you can find guys like Robinson/Burks in FA literally every year for the minimum, every year.

the plan should be to upgrade those guys ASAP.


I agree about Covington being better than our current wings but Lewis and whoever the other guy is litterally haven't even entered the league yet. You're playing a game of hypothetical based on your fantasy for this team. Rather than things based on facts.

We all have secret players we like in the draft and our ideal team for next year and so on but you're getting carried away when you're saying that two college players are already better than current veteran wings who have played in the league for multiple years.

Especially when those said players probably won't even be lottery picks. Maybe for Lewis but at the back end of it.

Burks is on of the best sixth man in the league and can score 15 in his sleep. GR3 has been one of our most consistent role players. He guards the opposing teams best wings every game and his three point shot has been surprisingly great.

You can have whatever opinion you have about our current players but you can't sit here and say that two college players you like are better than players with 5+ years in the NBA and expect people to take you seriously.

That's foolish.


Lewis is a better defender than Robinson from day one, that's indisputable...and really that's not saying much, because Robinson sucks, and so does Lee and so does Burks and so does Omari. these are a dime-a-dozen players that can found off waivers literally at any point in time...hell we got all of them for dirt chip this year and we can get players like them for nothing every year...the idea that we should pass up good wing prospects because we have these turds on the roster is comical on every level...like there is no logic behind what you're saying at all.


I'm not one of those who thinks we should pass on taking wings in the draft based on our current wing rotation. That's another foolish thing to do and I don't know who would think that way.

I just don't agree with getting rid of players because of the current terrible season we are having. Everybody knows that some of the current players who have been playing never would play that much under normal circonstances.

But they've been forced to play that much because of our current situation. It's short sided wanting to get rid of everyone because you're frustated with us being 8-24.

The Warriors can still draft Scottie Lewis and whoever else you want while still keeping GR3. We won't be hard capped anymore next year but we'll be over the cap.

You'll still have to replace those guys you want to get rid of and we'll barely have money to do so.

We should get rid of some players for sure but there are some keepers as well. You don't expect our current players to carry our team next year. They'll be support players again and that's what they should have been from day 1.
wco81
RealGM
Posts: 11,065
And1: 3,934
Joined: Jul 04, 2013
     

Re: Which current Warriors do you want to see back on the roster next season? 

Post#92 » by wco81 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:34 am

Yeah it's one thing to have a high ceiling.

Lonzo was drafted because of a high ceiling.

So was MKG and many other lotto picks, who never panned out.

they could have a higher ceiling than journeymen vets. But they could also have a lower floor too.
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 43,890
And1: 49,551
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: Which current Warriors do you want to see back on the roster next season? 

Post#93 » by clyde21 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:47 am

Coxy wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Coxy wrote:
Right, you don't know at all.

Those players you mention MAY be ready right away, 1 of them may flop spectacularly though, and the other may do well. Or, they might both suck ass worse than GRIII and Burks. That's the reality.


but even IF they're not ready, who cares? that's the point. i'm not willing to pass up on good wing prospects, even IF they're not ready, just because of Damion **** Lee and Glen **** Robinson.

it's completely nonsensical.


That's a differen't subject then. The point I was trying to make was about you being so sure that they would be NBA ready on a contender fresh out of college, and how that observation was in fact, completely nonsensical.


again, I'm confident in my ability to know who's ready. i called Herro, PJ and Thybulle ready, look at what they're doing. this isn't really that hard tbh.

and again, whether they would be ready or not day one is completely irrelevant, it's a non-point anyways.
#BLM #FREEPALESTINE
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 43,890
And1: 49,551
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: Which current Warriors do you want to see back on the roster next season? 

Post#94 » by clyde21 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:51 am

BballIntellect wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
BballIntellect wrote:
I agree about Covington being better than our current wings but Lewis and whoever the other guy is litterally haven't even entered the league yet. You're playing a game of hypothetical based on your fantasy for this team. Rather than things based on facts.

We all have secret players we like in the draft and our ideal team for next year and so on but you're getting carried away when you're saying that two college players are already better than current veteran wings who have played in the league for multiple years.

Especially when those said players probably won't even be lottery picks. Maybe for Lewis but at the back end of it.

Burks is on of the best sixth man in the league and can score 15 in his sleep. GR3 has been one of our most consistent role players. He guards the opposing teams best wings every game and his three point shot has been surprisingly great.

You can have whatever opinion you have about our current players but you can't sit here and say that two college players you like are better than players with 5+ years in the NBA and expect people to take you seriously.

That's foolish.


Lewis is a better defender than Robinson from day one, that's indisputable...and really that's not saying much, because Robinson sucks, and so does Lee and so does Burks and so does Omari. these are a dime-a-dozen players that can found off waivers literally at any point in time...hell we got all of them for dirt chip this year and we can get players like them for nothing every year...the idea that we should pass up good wing prospects because we have these turds on the roster is comical on every level...like there is no logic behind what you're saying at all.


I'm not one of those who thinks we should pass on taking wings in the draft based on our current wing rotation. That's another foolish thing to do and I don't know who would think that way.

I just don't agree with getting rid of players because of the current terrible season we are having. Everybody knows that some of the current players who have been playing never would play that much under normal circonstances.

But they've been forced to play that much because of our current situation. It's short sided wanting to get rid of everyone because you're frustated with us being 8-24.

The Warriors can still draft Scottie Lewis and whoever else you want while still keeping GR3. We won't be hard capped anymore next year but we'll be over the cap.

You'll still have to replace those guys you want to get rid of and we'll barely have money to do so.

We should get rid of some players for sure but there are some keepers as well. You don't expect our current players to carry our team next year. They'll be support players again and that's what they should have been from day 1.


we're not getting rid of anyone, those are the guys that we should be looking to upgrade anyways, and that includes upgrading during the draft, even IF those guys aren't ready day one I'd rather have a strong prospect on the bench than a Lee or a Robinson.

and I really don't give a crap about GR3...not sure why anyone does either...like who cares? there are 10 GR3s sitting on the waiver wire every off-season.
#BLM #FREEPALESTINE
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 43,890
And1: 49,551
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: Which current Warriors do you want to see back on the roster next season? 

Post#95 » by clyde21 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:53 am

wco81 wrote:Yeah it's one thing to have a high ceiling.

Lonzo was drafted because of a high ceiling.

So was MKG and many other lotto picks, who never panned out.

they could have a higher ceiling than journeymen vets. But they could also have a lower floor too.


so you're not really making a point at all then, just saying stuff.
#BLM #FREEPALESTINE
wco81
RealGM
Posts: 11,065
And1: 3,934
Joined: Jul 04, 2013
     

Re: Which current Warriors do you want to see back on the roster next season? 

Post#96 » by wco81 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:03 am

No I'm saying potential doesn't mean dick if there isn't production.


BTW, here are the 2020 SF UFAs, sorted by their current salary.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/ufa/small-forward/

And here are the 2020 SG UFAs.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/ufa/shooting-guard/

So the players on the bottom of each of those pages are the ones the Warriors would likely sign to replace Robinson and Burks.

Well that won't be necessary because some mid first round or later rookies are going to outplay them from day 1 right?
michaelm
Head Coach
Posts: 6,365
And1: 2,559
Joined: Apr 06, 2010
 

Re: Which current Warriors do you want to see back on the roster next season? 

Post#97 » by michaelm » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:33 am

clyde21 wrote:what you rather have Tyler Herro, PJ Washington, or Matisse Thybulle today on the roster or Glen Robinson, Damion Lee and Omari Spellman?

if you choose the latter all i can do is laugh tbh.

How many picks did the Sixers waste while getting Thybulle ?.

I will go with Meyers over both you and the Sixers FO of recent years, although I was more confident when Jerry West was with the team; he may be a significant contributor to the Clippers being coherent straight away btw. I remain to be convinced the Lakers are a well constructed team, especially for the play-offs, also btw.
BballIntellect
Junior
Posts: 268
And1: 101
Joined: Sep 04, 2019
   

Re: Which current Warriors do you want to see back on the roster next season? 

Post#98 » by BballIntellect » Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:25 am

wco81 wrote:No I'm saying potential doesn't mean dick if there isn't production.


BTW, here are the 2020 SF UFAs, sorted by their current salary.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/ufa/small-forward/

And here are the 2020 SG UFAs.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/ufa/shooting-guard/

So the players on the bottom of each of those pages are the ones the Warriors would likely sign to replace Robinson and Burks.

Well that won't be necessary because some mid first round or later rookies are going to outplay them from day 1 right?


That's tough.
Bayside
Pro Prospect
Posts: 943
And1: 510
Joined: Sep 02, 2011
Location: New Zealand
     

Re: Which current Warriors do you want to see back on the roster next season? 

Post#99 » by Bayside » Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:26 am

Some of this stuff should be sent to university to discus in psych classes. Friggin clinical studies on this narcissistic Shtick.. Very impressed with a lot of posters on your ability to continue to not just ignore rantings.
GQ Hot Dog
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,850
And1: 3,860
Joined: May 15, 2006
Location: On the road...
     

Re: Which current Warriors do you want to see back on the roster next season? 

Post#100 » by GQ Hot Dog » Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:48 am

Bayside wrote:Some of this stuff should be sent to university to discus in psych classes. Friggin clinical studies on this narcissistic Shtick.. Very impressed with a lot of posters on your ability to continue to not just ignore rantings.


I think you have to take people at face value, that they really believe the stuff they're saying and not just being controversial for the sake of attention(even though these venues encourage that sort of behavior). That said, I don't understand how someone could look at Damion Lee's play since coming back from his hand injury or the way we dominate 2nd unit rebounding with the Chriss/Spellman combo and say let's just dump all these guys. Teams are built through chemistry, not by restocking with the best rookie talent you can draft every year. People don't seem to realize that the talent differences between the vast majority of NBA players is tiny, quality coaching and chemistry generates championship teams far more reliably than obsessing about maximizing talent.
Bob Meyers, June 7, 2018: "“It’s not in my job description to please NBA fans. It’s to win, end of story. I don’t need to be entertained, I just need to win. That’s all it is. That’s all I was hired to do. Win.”

Return to Golden State Warriors