Re: Kobe Bryant - RIP 

Post#2 » by timlin500 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:28 pm

Such a horrible tragedy :(. His 13 year old daughter too
FloydWarrior
Junior
And1: 182

Post#3 » by FloydWarrior » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:31 pm

My pops just told me. Holy ****...just shows how life can go in a blink of an eye.
lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,741

Post#4 » by lars_rosenberg » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:37 pm

I'm shocked. I grew up playing basketball wearing his jersey.
He was an example of work ethic, discipline, love for the game... you could love him or hate him as a player, but he was a good person who didn't deserve to go so young.
GS Warriors 1
General Manager
And1: 456

Post#5 » by GS Warriors 1 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:06 pm

RIP to Kobe, his 13 y.o. Gigi, and now reportedly 7 other people in the chopper. Just tragic. One of the most fiercest and competitive basketball players I'll ever witness. Won championships in 2 separate eras, really (Shaq 3-peat run and then w/ Gasol). I also like that he was one of the first and few legends to truly give the Warriors their due during the run.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#6 » by Coxy » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:18 pm

Such a storied life, gone too soon. He seemed like a guy destined for even bigger things.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,404

Post#7 » by ILOVEIT » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:40 pm

Tragic....the daughter as well....just horrible....poor surviving family :( Such power and promise in a prime of his life scenario and taken out like that :(
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Frozzy
Starter
And1: 2,021

Post#8 » by Frozzy » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:13 am

Honestly i've been at a loss for words. My childhood was the 2000's and I would say he was pretty much the fact of not only basketball but the face of sports. I really think he was that influential as a figure for a lot of other athletes and it shows. So sad to see him go along with his daughter and others on that helicopter in such a tragic way.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#9 » by Mylie10 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:32 am

I hated Kobe but had huge respect for the guy as a competitor. We have seen so very few that have reached the level of competitive fire that he had.

His scandal had me disappointed in him, but his after basketball life was so promising. He was doing great things and so much more to follow.

I just hope that his daughters whole team wasn't on that copter. Not that it's ok for adults to die, but if 5 or 6 young women were on that copter, then that's so tragic.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#10 » by Little Digger » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:15 am

Im with you on that ...the kids losing out on life always makes me very sad..I have no feeling for Kobe over any other family man who losses his life in an accident
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#11 » by azwfan » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:37 am

Mylie10 wrote:I hated Kobe but had huge respect for the guy as a competitor. We have seen so very few that have reached the level of competitive fire that he had.

His scandal had me disappointed in him, but his after basketball life was so promising. He was doing great things and so much more to follow.

I just hope that his daughters whole team wasn't on that copter. Not that it's ok for adults to die, but if 5 or 6 young women were on that copter, then that's so tragic.

+1

Really sucks to see young people lose their life before they have a chance to go out and live it. And of course my heart goes out to all those who lost someone they love in this terrible accident... and really any of the terrible accidents that took place today, yesterday, and will take place tomorrow.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
InWestWeTrust
Sixth Man
And1: 657

Post#12 » by InWestWeTrust » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:53 am

Thoughts with the families and friends of all those lost.

RIP to the legend.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,828

Post#13 » by cdubbz » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:51 pm

I’m shook. Still am.

Haven’t been impacted by a death of an iconic figure like I have Kobe. Grew up rooting for him, rooting against him, hating him, admiring him and looking up to him again. He left an amazing legacy and the whole mamba mentality and what he was doing post career was great.

Growing up every time Kobe had the ball he always gave me that feeling that he’s going to score. It was unstoppable.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,047

Post#14 » by Jester_ » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:54 pm

I can't imagine how Vanessa and his oldest daughter are feeling right now.
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#15 » by KevinMcreynolds » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:36 pm

floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#16 » by wco81 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:16 pm

OK, he was a great player but the General Board is out of control. One guy said he hopes Evan Rachel Wood gets corona virus for mentioning the rape case.

The pinned thread can't mention all the aspects of his life.

I remember in relation to the Warriors that when he blew out his Achilles, he looked back at Harrison Barnes in an accusatory way, like Harrison tried to hurt him.

Also when the Warriors were on their run, he was openly hoping they'd get beat.

He didn't hunt for fouls like Harden does but when he didn't get the calls, he was such a miserable wretch.
freypies
Junior
And1: 120

Post#17 » by freypies » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:59 pm

wco81 wrote:OK, he was a great player but the General Board is out of control. One guy said he hopes Evan Rachel Wood gets corona virus for mentioning the rape case.

I remember in relation to the Warriors that when he blew out his Achilles, he looked back at Harrison Barnes in an accusatory way, like Harrison tried to hurt him.

He didn't hunt for fouls like Harden does but when he didn't get the calls, he was such a miserable wretch.

Not just the General Board, most of the internet is. I have seen some pretty vile stuff said to people who expressed anything about the less glamorous aspects of Kobe's life on Twitter/Reddit.
Bayside
Rookie
And1: 610

Post#18 » by Bayside » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:00 pm

wco81 wrote:OK, he was a great player but the General Board is out of control. One guy said he hopes Evan Rachel Wood gets corona virus for mentioning the rape case.

Yes, my first thoughts were on the rape case. Then I hoped there were no children on the helicopter. No parent should outlive their child. Tragic. But overheating on kobe, mmmm.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#19 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:29 am

**** this ****.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#20 » by Quazza » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:08 am

lady friend of mine on fb posted ;

"Unpopular Opinion - Kobe was a hack "

what followed was great reading
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment

Return to Golden State Warriors