ImageImageImageImageImage

Wiggins and Warriors - get on the record.

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Will the Warriors be a success with Wiggins next year (WCF or Chip)

Yes
57%
No
43%

Total votes: 103

Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Re: Wiggins and Warriors - get on the record. 

Post#41 » by Kuya » Fri Feb 7, 2020 9:28 pm

He's currently not anywhere close to matching his contract value.

He will need to develop his defense pretty significantly in order to bring value to this team. Athletic wings are valuable, but defensive wings bring even more value. We NEED Wiggins to develop into a trustworthy defensive wing. The slashing and spot up shooting come 2nd and 3rd in terms of what we need him to do.
Bayside
Rookie
And1: 610

Post#42 » by Bayside » Fri Feb 7, 2020 9:55 pm

TinoDubs wrote:A thing about Wiggings is his contract. If he's getting 20M or under, then we would feel much better. Now, hope he'll learn a few things with defense, and understand his role

Andrew Wiggins $27,504,630 $29,542,010 $31,579,390 $33,616,770

Thats right. We have a lot of cap used here. At least not all in on guards like before. They need to fill out our roster, and I am not so sure we are the free agent destination anymore because there are to many questions going forward still to be answered, and other teams more solid at this time. The math on this is clearly no . If 4 or more questions get solved we have a chance. But those odds are not good. Not like we have West here any longer and a core of young guys that just shook the NBA. Current front office has really done nothing in a long time. This next year will show if they have the stuff or not. We are about 1/3 through a period where we can rightfully assess The Jr's and Myers. But so far, in my opinion, they have not been living up to their what i perceive arrogance to think they can do this with friends and family management they thought they could do without real pros.
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,837

Post#43 » by giberish » Fri Feb 7, 2020 10:54 pm

I still think that in order to contend the team needs to add a good bench combo guard (Bowman/Poole/Lee are more 4-6th guards, the team needs a good 3rd guard ahead of them), a quality defensive SF - ideally a bigger SF/PF type as Wiggins is more of a SG/SF and a bit undersized at SF, and a quality starting or split-time center.

It's going to be hard to fill all those roles well. Young rookies aren't good, so putting a lotto pick in one of those roles will be a weakness. The team only has the smaller 'no hard cap' MLE to offer FA's which is really below-market for good options for any of those roles. Center may be the best bet for a quality player as a $5M FA as the market there is soft.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,197

Post#44 » by clyde21 » Fri Feb 7, 2020 11:33 pm

i think we could succeed but don't really think it'll have anything to do with Wiggins, track record says we'll succeed inspite of him

maybe Kerr can pull a rabbit out of a hat with Wiggins but the dude has been bad for 5 years now so the historical evidence says otherwise.
Money_
Rookie
And1: 224

Post#45 » by Money_ » Fri Feb 7, 2020 11:45 pm

Quazza wrote:#no

I hope like h that I'm proven wrong, but I think by this time next year Wiggins will be gone... If they can move him.

Wiggins is definitely an improvement over H Barnes, offense wise.

But you don't have Iggy, Livingston, Barbossa, Bogut or Speights

Without a solid heater off the bench, a 3 and d guy, and a pick setter/rim defender, they won't be as good as the 2015 team with Barnes.

They might make the playoffs, but with Steph, Klay, Wiggins, Draymond, and ? at the C, and a bunch of G league'rs off the bench, they just won't be able to go that deep. If Paschall, Chriss, Bowman and Lee develop we may have something there, but that's a lot of ifs.
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#46 » by Old_Blue » Sat Feb 8, 2020 12:14 am

I follow the Red Sox too. So, processing this Warriors trade along with the Mookie Betts trade just a few days earlier has been hard. I still can't decide which trade was worse.
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#47 » by azwfan » Sat Feb 8, 2020 1:10 am

Money_ wrote:

I hope like h that I'm proven wrong, but I think by this time next year Wiggins will be gone... If they can move him.

Without a solid heater off the bench, a 3 and d guy, and a pick setter/rim defender, they won't be as good as the 2015 team with Barnes.

They might make the playoffs, but with Steph, Klay, Wiggins, Draymond, and ? at the C, and a bunch of G league'rs off the bench, they just won't be able to go that deep. If Paschall, Chriss, Bowman and Lee develop we may have something there, but that's a lot of ifs.

I think it is clear (at least it is to me) that in order for this club to go anywhere next season, that at least 2 quality players need to be acquired using some combination of the following assets:

17M TPE
TPMLE
2020 Top 5 pick
2021 Twolves 1st

I sure hope we're not counting on any of Chriss, Lee, Poole, Bowman, Paschall, Smiley to be one of our top 7 players. Hopefully 2 or 3 of them can step up to be a quality part of our 10 man rotation though (regular season).

I will say that dumping Evans and Spellman did clear up some of the 2020-21 bench clutter. Even though I like Spellman.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Bandito
Pro Prospect
And1: 91

Post#48 » by Bandito » Sat Feb 8, 2020 2:19 am

As much as Draymond meant to the Warriors success pre-KD, he's going to have to return to his pre-KD form for this team to win 60+ as the roster is constructed. I've always been a big Draymond fan but it's hard to imagine that happening, at this point. Also not having the Iguodala ace up the sleeve for the postseason is big.

That being said...if they can get Wiggins to buy in on defense, and nail this draft pick with an early impact guy, find an under the radar gem or 2, they could be back in the mix over the next couple years.
DanLanghiOwnsAll
Veteran
And1: 28

Post#49 » by DanLanghiOwnsAll » Sat Feb 8, 2020 3:06 am

I've calmed down and I don't think this is going to be as bad as we first imagined. I think he can hold the position down and/or end up as an expensive 6th man type if the Warriors find gold at the 3 in a draft.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,829

Post#50 » by cdubbz » Sat Feb 8, 2020 3:09 am

Without reading the other comments — I voted NO, but only because I need to see who our draft pick is. I DO think Wiggins will love his no-pressure-score-slash-and-defense role with the Warriors. And I think he will do a good job for us in his role. I’m excited to see him this season to learn the system and next year with the core.

Wiggins isn’t enough to get us to WCF imo but this rookie needs to be good enough to be a contributing role player.

Warriors getting James Wiseman would be intriguing to fill out our starters and play 20-25minutes.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,411

Post#51 » by ILOVEIT » Sat Feb 8, 2020 6:21 am

azwfan wrote:
Money_ wrote:

I think it is clear (at least it is to me) that in order for this club to go anywhere next season, that at least 2 quality players need to be acquired using some combination of the following assets:

17M TPE
TPMLE
2020 Top 5 pick
2021 Twolves 1st

I sure hope we're not counting on any of Chriss, Lee, Poole, Bowman, Paschall, Smiley to be one of our top 7 players. Hopefully 2 or 3 of them can step up to be a quality part of our 10 man rotation though (regular season).

I will say that dumping Evans and Spellman did clear up some of the 2020-21 bench clutter. Even though I like Spellman.

Completely agree. This team will get to the next level based on what we do with the 17M TPE and how we either get the right pick or aquire another super vet for the bench. Curry, Klay, Green, Wiggins, (MC or Looney)….with our current bench doesn't get us there.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,801

Post#52 » by floppymoose » Sat Feb 8, 2020 9:11 pm

Warriors currently at .231 winning percentage. My prediction: from now until Steph comes back, >.231.
likemycurryhot
Senior
And1: 688

Post#53 » by likemycurryhot » Sat Feb 8, 2020 11:15 pm

I think Wiggins will fit with us (and be better for the team than DLo would have been) but we do need more wing help to make it deep in the playoffs. Still voted yes.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#54 » by azwfan » Sat Feb 8, 2020 11:55 pm

floppymoose wrote:Warriors currently at .231 winning percentage. My prediction: from now until Steph comes back, >.231.

I was going to start a thread asking how many games we win until Steph comes back. I think if the over/under is .5 game there would still be a ton of money put on the under.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
xRapHeadx
Lead Assistant
And1: 124

Post#55 » by xRapHeadx » Sat Feb 8, 2020 11:59 pm

I’m with it. Wiggins+Wiseman is going to an excellent youth infusion next year.
Coxy wrote:Well, that is very true indeed. Weed and playstation is like peas and carrotts.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors

Post#56 » by floppymoose » Sun Feb 9, 2020 2:41 am

This team is missing Dray and is still clearly better than the DLo Warriors.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors

Post#57 » by floppymoose » Sun Feb 9, 2020 2:46 am

I feel like Lebron may be on the juice.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors

Post#58 » by floppymoose » Sun Feb 9, 2020 2:52 am

Chriss runs the floor well.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors

Post#59 » by floppymoose » Sun Feb 9, 2020 3:13 am

When Avery Bradley is raining 3s its not your night
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors

Post#60 » by floppymoose » Sun Feb 9, 2020 3:17 am

Lol at Paschall

Return to Golden State Warriors