ImageImageImageImageImage

Possible reclamation projects

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Re: Possible reclamation projects 

Post#61 » by DAWill1128 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:24 am

What about Festus Ezili? I think the biggest need is a big body anchor defense center. We have just looked soft on the interior this year and the interior defensive numbers have been bad. But also we can't really guard tight on the 3 point line without good interior defense. Currently our three centers Looney, Chriss, and Smiley are all undersized. Even Looney is more of a switch defender than a physical interior presence. Our defense was great when we had two big centers in Bogut and Ezili who we could funnel the ball into, same thing the Bulls did with Longley.
NeoWarriors
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,321

Post#62 » by NeoWarriors » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:32 am

DAWill1128 wrote:What about Festus Ezili? I think the biggest need is a big body anchor defense center. We have just looked soft on the interior this year and the interior defensive numbers have been bad. But also we can't really guard tight on the 3 point line without good interior defense. Currently our three centers Looney, Chriss, and Smiley are all undersized. Even Looney is more of a switch defender than a physical interior presence. Our defense was great when we had two big centers in Bogut and Ezili who we could funnel the ball into, same thing the Bulls did with Longley.

Came here to post the same. I say we give him a 10-day contract. Maybe an invite to Camp next year.

Read on Twitter
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,567

Post#63 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:36 am

DAWill1128 wrote:What about Festus Ezili? I think the biggest need is a big body anchor defense center. We have just looked soft on the interior this year and the interior defensive numbers have been bad. But also we can't really guard tight on the 3 point line without good interior defense. Currently our three centers Looney, Chriss, and Smiley are all undersized. Even Looney is more of a switch defender than a physical interior presence. Our defense was great when we had two big centers in Bogut and Ezili who we could funnel the ball into, same thing the Bulls did with Longley.

Walked into the arena last night right next to Festus. It was a really solid reminder of, "Oh yeah. These guys are downright huge."

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Post#64 » by donkeylips » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:39 pm

ChuckDurn wrote:Been thinking this for a bit, but now that we’re playing them...... Harry Giles would be kind of interesting. I was legitimately shocked that they turned down his extension for next year, so he will be available.

would love giles on the warriors. he has been injury prone but he shouldnt command much in free agency and would be worth it.
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.

Return to Golden State Warriors