ImageImageImageImageImage

Will we ever see a season like this one??? :)

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Jerry Maine
Sixth Man
And1: 719

Re: Will we ever see a season like this one??? :) 

Post#21 » by Jerry Maine » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:32 am

clyde21 wrote:funnest regular season for me quite easily, that run was incredible up until Steph slipped on that stupid wet spot in Houston, I still blame us losing the finals on that wet spot took the entire momentum out of the post season

The truth.

Steph's return in Portland was freakin' amazing, but deeper into the playoffs it was apparent he wasn't quite right. This was more of a factor than fatigue from chasing the regular season record, or expectations following it. Healthy Steph in the playoffs and it's over.

Nothing beats 2016. I respect Durant, but did not nearly enjoy the 2018 & 2019 experiences on the same level. In a way they felt like 2017 in that we were expected to win, and anything else was a choke. In 2016 we were coming off a first round loss to the Clips and I was expecting a top four finish, then see what happens. Even when we finished ahead of Atlanta it always felt like we were just giving ourselves a chance. We had found ourselves and noone was getting in the way of that chip, but we simply couldn't know it until the champagne flowed.

2021 could feel the same as 2016.
"What're they gonna say now, boy?" - Wardell Stephen Curry, 16th June 2022
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#22 » by Little Digger » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:38 am

Iguodala’s hamstring was a huge issue too..Had nothing to do with the record breaking WIn total

Humans just love to run with the popular narrative ..So glad I’m not from here.
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#23 » by Warriors Analyst » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:34 pm

Little Digger wrote:Iguodala’s hamstring was a huge issue too..Had nothing to do with the record breaking WIn total

Humans just love to run with the popular narrative ..So glad I’m not from here.

If Steph doesn't get injured the Warriors sweep Houston and Portland. Two less games is enough to reduce Draymond's amount of tech's and then he doesn't get suspended in the Finals. It all comes down to the injury.

Return to Golden State Warriors