ImageImageImageImageImage

Deni Avdija Full "UNGUARDABLE" 2019/20 Highlights ● The Next STAR!

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Draft2020
Freshman
And1: 53

Deni Avdija Full "UNGUARDABLE" 2019/20 Highlights ● The Next STAR! 

Post#1 » by Draft2020 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:51 am

Hey Everyone, I'm a NBA fan from Europe and i want you to know about Deni Avdija - Top 3 Projected Pick In The 2020 NBA.
*i'm also new here (:

so in my opinion Deni NO DOUBT(!!) has a great potential to be an NBA star, he had a wonderful season and don't forget that like Luka he played until now in the Euroleague and not in college.

He has everything that good young prospect needs to have, he is very athletic and runs the floor like crazy. He is also a great floor manager and his passes are amazing. Believe me as someone that watched every game of him, he is the next thing.

I made a video of his best plays from the Euroleague (thes second best league in the world), so you can impressed, enjoy from it (:

By the way, Deni played in Maccabi with a lot of former NBA players like Amare Stoudemire, Omri Casspi, Quincy Acy, Tarik Black, Tyler Dorsey and Nate Wolters.

If you can help me and to share the video with other fans i will appracite it very much guys, thanks.
If you have any questions you can ask everything!
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Re: Deni Avdija Full "UNGUARDABLE" 2019/20 Highlights ● The Next STAR! 

Post#2 » by GQ Hot Dog » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:51 am

I really like the looks of him. My only question is about his lateral quickness and footspeed. Everything I've seen doesn't appear to look any better than average including his first step attacking the bucket. Can he defend out on the perimeter? Is he destined to be a stretch four as he gets older and fills out?
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#3 » by Coxy » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:05 am

The guy looks good, could be Luka, could be whatever though, we shall see.

I can see you are posting this same post on all of the other teams boards as well. Just post it on the General Board dude.
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#4 » by Little Digger » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:25 am

Kid looks like an all round - high IQ baller..

Definitely should go top 2

1.Wiseman

1A. Avdija

3. Ball ( huge gamble but what are you going to do? Draft a turd like Edwards?)

4. Pick and prey you didn’t just draft a scrub
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,688

Post#5 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:23 am

Apparently Avdija misses a lot of shots (that he will probably make later in his career). An article says he isn't good with his left hand.

His forward moving foot speed looked fine to me in the video. His first step may not be special but his 2nd and 3rd steps looked real good. He looked fast on the chase down block.

I guess he will be a 3-4 tweener. I don't want to trade Draymond and I am not sure the Warriors can trade Wiggins so it looks like Avdija would need the minutes that I had sort pencilled in for Paschall. Avdija looks more able to play small forward than Paschall and that is good if Paschall is gone because Draymond won't leave a whole lot of minutes at back up power forward and you might want a larger power forward to play some.

There is a chance that Klay comes back slower and might play some small forward.

Let's hope the Warriors choose the right guy out of the top 4 guys. If the top 4 guys have equal talent then I would take Wiseman because the Warriors don't have a starting center. I don't trust Looney's health.
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#6 » by Little Digger » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:42 am

Sacramento drafted for need and passed on Doncic..How’s that working out for them?

Draft the best player
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Swift21
General Manager
And1: 457

Post#7 » by Swift21 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:53 pm

Coxy wrote:The guy looks good, could be Luka, could be whatever though, we shall see.

I can see you are posting this same post on all of the other teams boards as well. Just post it on the General Board dude.

I don't see it.
Optimisticwarrior
Freshman
And1: 7

Post#8 » by Optimisticwarrior » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:11 pm

He reminds me of that dude who imitates Steph, LeBron, and other star players ... a white dude, I think he goes by "Max" or something similar. He looks awkward and not fluid at all.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#9 » by Mylie10 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:24 am

Was he Euroleague MVP?

Because Luka was. Enough with every white dude outside or America being the next Luka.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,196

Post#10 » by clyde21 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:46 am

Little Digger wrote:Sacramento drafted for need and passed on Doncic..How’s that working out for them?

Draft the best player

they didn't
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#11 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:40 pm

33.6% from behind the arc and 52.0% at the line.

Hope he can defend.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#12 » by Little Digger » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:23 pm

Enough with you have to be near Luka’s level to be drafted ahead of NCAA turds like Anthony Edwards..
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,407

Post#13 » by ILOVEIT » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:04 am

He looks slow to me.....his release is slow. Ginoboli like maybe? But I'm not blown away and that's a highlight reel.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#14 » by Flash Falcon X » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:55 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:He looks slow to me.....his release is slow. Ginoboli like maybe? But I'm not blown away and that's a highlight reel.

A lot of people said Luka was too slow to have success in the NBA.

But then again, Avdija could be the next Tskitishvili instead of Luka lol.
#DubNation
clyde21
RealGM

Post#15 » by clyde21 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:32 pm

52% at the line is really worrying, compounds when he hasn't really shot well from 3 at any point either, he's more of a 4 IMO than a 3 too, at 3 he's pretty average athletically and length wise, competes defensively but won't necessarily be a great switch guy, he's good in transition and can pass, but that's kinda Dray's role anyways

don't really see how he fits here, certainly not as a top 5 pick either.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,253

Post#16 » by Catchall » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:36 pm

He looks like a faster, bouncier version of Dario Saric, imo. If he could shoot better, he'd be a faster version of Danilo Gallinari. I wouldn't compare him to Luka.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Pistol King
Junior
And1: 457

Post#17 » by Pistol King » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:15 pm

clyde21 wrote:52% at the line is really worrying, compounds when he hasn't really shot well from 3 at any point either, he's more of a 4 IMO than a 3 too, at 3 he's pretty average athletically and length wise, competes defensively but won't necessarily be a great switch guy, he's good in transition and can pass, but that's kinda Dray's role anyways

His FT% are indeed bad atm, but he's not a bad FT shooter, I can pretty be sure about it. I think it's kinda lack of focus issue rather than something that can not be fixed. His mechanics is too good to stay at that low %.
He already showed some flashes of a good FT shooter. In the FIBA U-20 semi final against France, in a high pressure stage, he went to the FT line 14 times and made 12 of it. I just can't see a scenario when a bad FT shooter would make 12 of his 14 FTs in such stage.

About his 3FG%, Spencer Pearlman from the Stepien already made an analysis and found out that a lot of these low % shots taken at the last 5 seconds of the clock, when his teammates throw him the ball the last seconds when the possession wasn't good and they needed a quick solution. Spencer Pearlman found out that when Deni take threes not in the last 5 seconds of the clock, his percentages rising to 41%. Also, in the Israeli league his 3FG% is 37.5%. Those indications show to me there is a strong base to believe he will be a good shooter.

It feels to me that is easy to people to be down on him just because he's not an elite athlete. But even if a SF is an average athlete but has high BB IQ, good ball handle, good shooting, good positioning on defense, good passing abilities and has a solid mobility and quickness, those tools can be enough to be a really good wing. And I think Deni has the potential to be good on all these tools.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#18 » by clyde21 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:49 pm

Pistol King wrote:
clyde21 wrote:52% at the line is really worrying, compounds when he hasn't really shot well from 3 at any point either, he's more of a 4 IMO than a 3 too, at 3 he's pretty average athletically and length wise, competes defensively but won't necessarily be a great switch guy, he's good in transition and can pass, but that's kinda Dray's role anyways

His FT% are indeed bad atm, but he's not a bad FT shooter, I can pretty be sure about it. I think it's kinda lack of focus issue rather than something that can not be fixed. His mechanics is too good to stay at that low %.
He already showed some flashes of a good FT shooter. In the FIBA U-20 semi final against France, in a high pressure stage, he went to the FT line 14 times and made 12 of it. I just can't see a scenario when a bad FT shooter would make 12 of his 14 FTs in such stage.

About his 3FG%, Spencer Pearlman from the Stepien already made an analysis and found out that a lot of these low % shots taken at the last 5 seconds of the clock, when his teammates throw him the ball the last seconds when the possession wasn't good and they needed a quick solution. Spencer Pearlman found out that when Deni take threes not in the last 5 seconds of the clock, his percentages rising to 41%. Also, in the Israeli league his 3FG% is 37.5%. Those indications show to me there is a strong base to believe he will be a good shooter.

It feels to me that is easy to people to be down on him just because he's not an elite athlete. But even if a SF is an average athlete but has high BB IQ, good ball handle, good shooting, good positioning on defense, good passing abilities and has a solid mobility and quickness, those tools can be enough to be a really good wing. And I think Deni has the potential to be good on all these tools.

Spence is my boy, but that doesn't really mean anything, it's possible that they're last minute shots because his decision making is bad, not sure, haven't drilled down that deep into it, but it's the combination of bad shooting percentages and bad FT shooting, if it was one or the other fine, but it's both...

also i don't think he's a bad athlete at all, I don't think he needs to be a great one, i think if he's at the 4 he's actually a + athlete, and i like his motor and BBIQ, problem is...what is his role? is he gonna be your switch defender at forward? meh, is he gonna be #2 and #3 scorer? meh. is he gonna be a rim protector? no. is he gonna your lead playmaker? really the only capacity he'll see playing time is as a point-forward/secondary playmaking type who eats in transition...that's a nice player possible in the right system/fit but I don't see a great fit here in GS and I don't think he's a top 5 talent either way.

what's the difference between he and Leandro Bolmaro for example? honestly I'd rather trade down and take a Bolmaro tbh.

Return to Golden State Warriors