ImageImageImageImageImage

All the smoke podcast w Matt Barnes/Stack

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,828

All the smoke podcast w Matt Barnes/Stack 

Post#1 » by cdubbz » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:16 am

Anyone been catching All the smoke podcast that Matt Barnes & Stephen Jackson host with showtime?! It’s awesome because these dudes are part of the ‘We Believe’ squad.

The content they produce with their guests is incredible. The conversations they have with their guests is things you don’t catch on most other podcasts — deep stories where you get to know everyone.

Watching the Al Harrington episode and it’s hilarious. Good stories from Al & Jack in Indiana, Al Harrington hating playing Center, they all talked about their love for playing together.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Re: All the smoke podcast w Matt Barnes/Stack 

Post#2 » by Flash Falcon X » Wed Apr 1, 2020 5:10 pm

Yeah I've been listening to them and it's always entertaining and informative.

I agree the Al Harrington one was great. I think Harrington didn't mind playing center, he just hated playing it against Yao because he'd always have to front Yao and he'd get kneed in the back so much he'd wake up the next day with sore muscles lol. Gotta give credit to Nellie, though, that We Believe team gave Yao fits. Wish they played Houston in the 2nd round instead of Utah.

One of these days they defiintely need to do a We Believe reunion show with some of the guys. Baron, J-Rich, Monta, Al, maybe even Biedrins? Nellie? :lol:

The great thing is whenever they talk about We Believe, it's entertaining in a way that non-Warriors fans can enjoy and appreciate as well.
#DubNation
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#3 » by cdubbz » Wed Apr 1, 2020 5:35 pm

Flash Falcon X wrote:
The great thing is whenever they talk about We Believe, it's entertaining in a way that non-Warriors fans can enjoy and appreciate as well.

Yeah even for Warrior fans. They give stories about going out a lot and team dynamics which we don’t hear during the normal season for the most part.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#4 » by East Bay Sports » Wed Apr 1, 2020 5:42 pm

Both are great, genuine, candid, honest cool ass dudes. I eat their **** up. Such good content. They are low key great interviewers who provide a relaxed environment to get the best from their guests. The Durant pod was 10/10 stuff
Flash Falcon X
General Manager

Post#5 » by Flash Falcon X » Wed Apr 1, 2020 6:15 pm

The Cari Champion episode was interesting to learn how she came up in ESPN. I always assumed she got on First Take because she's been with ESPN for a while, but turns out she had to really put herself out there as an unknown just to get noticed and was able to get an audition.
#DubNation
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#6 » by cdubbz » Thu Apr 2, 2020 10:27 pm

Stephen Jackson shouted out Mike Dunleavy on that show. Said he was one of the funniest dude he’s been around and Matt Barnes chimes in saying the same about Troy Murphy.
Flash Falcon X
General Manager

Post#7 » by Flash Falcon X » Fri Apr 3, 2020 2:40 am

cdubbz wrote:Stephen Jackson shouted out Mike Dunleavy on that show. Said he was one of the funniest dude he’s been around and Matt Barnes chimes in saying the same about Troy Murphy.

Yeah that was cool to hear. Forgot they played together, i think Jackson said it was Milwaukee? I can't even remember how Jackson even got to Milwaukee lol.
#DubNation
kingcong95
Junior
And1: 129

Post#8 » by kingcong95 » Fri Apr 3, 2020 5:34 am

3 team deal in 2011 draft: MIL receives Jackson, Livingston, Tobias Harris (pick 19) from CHA, Udrih from SAC
CHA receives Maggette (another former Dub whom I once went to a meet and greet) from MIL, Biyombo (pick 7) from SAC
SAC receives Salmons and Fredette (pick 10) from MIL
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#9 » by cdubbz » Thu Apr 9, 2020 8:45 pm

Deion Sanders & JR Rider podcasts up. Haven’t listened to it yet but I’m guessing the Rider one will be epic
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#10 » by cdubbz » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:34 am

Hhoooooooweeeeee. Mark Jackson interview.

I truly hope the Bay Area and Warrior organization keep these guys close. Not too many outspoken, bright, and thoughtful Warriors in the media.
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#11 » by cdubbz » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:54 pm

Draymond Green episode is up.

Going to watch later and discuss
Flash Falcon X
General Manager

Post#12 » by Flash Falcon X » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:39 pm

Nice, gotta check out the Draymond one. Gonna be interesting.
#DubNation
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#13 » by Warriors Analyst » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:06 pm

I have 25 minutes left in the Draymond episode. The most interesting parts of this episode revolve around KD. Draymond says he thought KD was a risk to leave in the summer of 2018, but the allure of the three peat kept him here. His take was that KD’s attitude changed during the 2017-18 season after he didn’t get crowned the best player in the world. Draymond talks at length about KD getting mad at Steph and Klay for taking shots and feeling like he was getting frozen out of the offense — which is of course, ridiculous. Dray says he and Andre would go out of their way to have Steph initiate sets that got KD touches. Kerr would do this as well, but KD would apparently get pissed at Kerr for breaking the offense and make what I can only assume are ironic remarks about not playing the right way. Dray also says straight up that KD quit on the Warriors in game 2 of the Clippers series in 2019, which was the game where he spent the bulk of the time sulking and passing up open shots with Beverly on him.

I’m not surprised Draymond was as honest as he was. We’ll see how the blogosphere reacts and I’m sure KD will come out guns blazing soon. But what Draymond says certainly lines up with the eye test and my memory of the 2018 playoffs, particularly the Houston series; KD clearly wanted the offense to cater to him and was hunting ISO’s to prove a point about his own ability, to the detriment to the team. That 2017-18 team is very obviously better than the 16-17 squad; Looney had become a key player and our best 5, Bell was a good small ball option, and we had more shooting than the year before, but there was one obviously volatile factor; KD. As he became more frustrated with not getting the validation he felt he deserved, KD became more difficult to play with and coach and he was clearly no longer buying into the team concept with the same enthusiasm as he did the year prior.
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#14 » by cdubbz » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:37 pm

Warriors Analyst wrote:I have 25 minutes left in the Draymond episode. The most interesting parts of this episode revolve around KD. Draymond says he thought KD was a risk to leave in the summer of 2018, but the allure of the three peat kept him here. His take was that KD’s attitude changed during the 2017-18 season after he didn’t get crowned the best player in the world. Draymond talks at length about KD getting mad at Steph and Klay for taking shots and feeling like he was getting frozen out of the offense — which is of course, ridiculous. Dray says he and Andre would go out of their way to have Steph initiate sets that got KD touches. Kerr would do this as well, but KD would apparently get pissed at Kerr for breaking the offense and make what I can only assume are ironic remarks about not playing the right way. Dray also says straight up that KD quit on the Warriors in game 2 of the Clippers series in 2019, which was the game where he spent the bulk of the time sulking and passing up open shots with Beverly on him.

I’m not surprised Draymond was as honest as he was. We’ll see how the blogosphere reacts and I’m sure KD will come out guns blazing soon. But what Draymond says certainly lines up with the eye test and my memory of the 2018 playoffs, particularly the Houston series; KD clearly wanted the offense to cater to him and was hunting ISO’s to prove a point about his own ability, to the detriment to the team. That 2017-18 team is very obviously better than the 16-17 squad; Looney had become a key player and our best 5, Bell was a good small ball option, and we had more shooting than the year before, but there was one obviously volatile factor; KD. As he became more frustrated with not getting the validation he felt he deserved, KD became more difficult to play with and coach and he was clearly no longer buying into the team concept with the same enthusiasm as he did the year prior.

Wow thanks for the recap! Haven’t watched it yet. Saving it for tonight’s quarantine fun even though twitterverse has gone up in flames.

Draymond has a right to speak his mind in an interview obviously, but wish he just moved on and swept it under the rug. Not his style though.
Flash Falcon X
General Manager

Post#15 » by Flash Falcon X » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:07 am

SJax just posted about Monta on his IG. Looks like Monta will be a guest soon? Gonna be a great pod seeing the We Believe guys reunited and reminiscing.
#DubNation
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#16 » by cdubbz » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:50 pm

Flash Falcon X wrote:SJax just posted about Monta on his IG. Looks like Monta will be a guest soon? Gonna be a great pod seeing the We Believe guys reunited and reminiscing.

I hope so. Monta is a cool dude.

Also heard they all were on a Zoom bday party for Baron Davis the other day and a lot of We Believe were on it including Ellis.
Xplatformer
Sixth Man
And1: 271

Post#17 » by Xplatformer » Mon Dec 7, 2020 7:23 am

45 minute [url]]interview with Kelly Oubre[/url]. Love this show. Just discovered it last week. AI interview was great...but the Dray interview is my favorite.

Watch it.
In 1971, the team moved across the Bay Area to Oakland, and changed its geographic name to Golden State to symbolize the team as representative of the entire state of California
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#18 » by cdubbz » Tue Dec 8, 2020 2:15 am

Xplatformer wrote:45 minute [url]]interview with Kelly Oubre[/url]. Love this show. Just discovered it last week. AI interview was great...but the Dray interview is my favorite.

Watch it.

Kelly Oubre Jr is so likeable. He fits the Warrior mold and seems like a fit with Curry’s vibe. Tsunami Papi

Return to Golden State Warriors