ImageImageImageImageImage

How great is this!

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,400

How great is this! 

Post#1 » by ILOVEIT » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:56 pm

Just watching the playoffs reruns and watching Curry do his magic 6 years ago...
And we STILL get to watch this guy...pretty much in his prime! Not to mention having Klay and Green still here.

I know I've gotten sort of spoiled with it all suddenly about how many rings....But knowing we have 4-5 more years of Curry and Warriors hoops...sweet.

If Warriors come back this year with Curry, Klay, Wiggins, Green ONLY as the four cornerstones of the team....still going to be a hell of a year :) (yes yes..hoping for Giannis or Embiid ;)

Just thought I'd put that out there.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,184

Re: How great is this! 

Post#2 » by clyde21 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:38 pm

appreciate the enthusiasm but Wiggins a cornerstone? we talking about the same Wiggins? lol
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,336

Post#3 » by KevinMcreynolds » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:17 pm

the Wolves and their gutless loser franchise ruined him, Ron Adams da Gawd and the Light Years Crew gonna turn him around
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,683

Post#4 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:09 am

Steph turns 33 before next year's playoffs.
I hope Wiggins can turn into the player people thought he would become when he was drafted.
Then I have dreams for Wiseman but Wiseman will be like a player straight out of high school. Even Kobe needed a few years before he was great. KG showed he would be great but I think he became great in his second or 3rd year.

Then I can dream about the TWolves draft pick.
If the Warriors win the luck lottery with Wiggins and the 2 high draft picks then aging Curry, Klay and Draymond could be the 4th, 5th and 6th men in 2024 when Curry is 36 years old.

Paschall looks like a nice back up power forward.
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#5 » by Flash Falcon X » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:39 pm

I was so excited to watch Steph with the ultimate green light this season with KD gone and Klay injured, but too bad he got injured himself. What a freak accident, too. Baynes falling on his hand smh.
#DubNation
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,816

Post#6 » by cdubbz » Fri May 1, 2020 11:41 pm

Definitely enjoying this run and want to milk it for at least one more championship. If we don’t win another ring? Still would be extremely happy with What the team accomplished.

I believe in Lacob, Meyers, & Kerr to make the Warriors a constant playoff/championship contender.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,237

Post#7 » by Onus » Sat May 2, 2020 3:32 am

Flash Falcon X wrote:I was so excited to watch Steph with the ultimate green light this season with KD gone and Klay injured, but too bad he got injured himself. What a freak accident, too. Baynes falling on his hand smh.

Yea I was excited to see steph jack up 30 shots a night this year just to see what he could do. With Kerr relenting and finally letting dlo play pick and roll he’ll relent and let steph play pick and roll right ...
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,691

Post#8 » by DAWill1128 » Sat May 2, 2020 5:49 am

Wiggins could really benefit from what the Warriors provide. Our ball movement will get him easier buckets. Our shooting will get him more spacing. Our scoring support will allow him to focus more on passing and defense like it had for Durant. We have a good team so playing in more meaningful games will help his intensity. He has started to add weight which will help with finishing through contact. Adding size allows him to slide down and play small ball power forward.

Wiggins could turn the corner with improved floor vision and defensive awareness. You could say the same for Paschall.

Paschall was one of the best rookies, an all-rookie 1st team talent. We should have some of the best rookies over the next two years, hopefully with as much success as Paschall had or better. I think we will be in the mix like the Spurs were for a while.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,400

Post#9 » by ILOVEIT » Thu May 7, 2020 2:01 am

cdubbz wrote:Definitely enjoying this run and want to milk it for at least one more championship. If we don’t win another ring? Still would be extremely happy with What the team accomplished.

I believe in Lacob, Meyers, & Kerr to make the Warriors a constant playoff/championship contender.

Yeah....Warriors are in great hands. Love to see the Warriors get into the 6 championship discussion...or essentially mark themselves as the best team ever without a doubt.

BUT...good times ahead regardless. Clock seems in Warriors favor with LeBron on the downside and no emerging powerhouse other than Clippers...who seem pretty fragile beyond Kahawi and George.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Post#10 » by marthafokker » Thu May 7, 2020 3:26 am

How great the NBA stoppage to GSW?

Salary cap will shrink by say $10mil on the cap. That means some teams will spend less or salary dump.

Making the $17 mil trade exception like gold dumping salary to us. Too bad Myles Turner has $18mil salary. Pacers owner is cheap and being hurt bad with Simon shopping mall Business hurting. Is there a way to get him with the trade exception?

Ownership group better not be cheap now!
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Post#11 » by xdrta+ » Thu May 7, 2020 10:26 pm

marthafokker wrote:How great the NBA stoppage to GSW?

Salary cap will shrink by say $10mil on the cap. That means some teams will spend less or salary dump.

Making the $17 mil trade exception like gold dumping salary to us. Too bad Myles Turner has $18mil salary. Pacers owner is cheap and being hurt bad with Simon shopping mall Business hurting. Is there a way to get him with the trade exception?

Ownership group better not be cheap now!

Re Turner: The Trade Exception is $17,185,185. Can't combine it with anything and can't take on more salary than that with it. Turner is just over the limit.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,743

Post#12 » by azwfan » Fri May 8, 2020 3:33 am

I'm wondering how much value this TPE will have as a salary dumping ground for other teams. (also wondering how willing GSW will be to take on a bunch of extra money... but lets remove that because this is fantasy land anyways...)
I can see Orlando, Philly, and Houston... possibly Indy having some incentive to reduce payroll.
Orlando has a few useful players... but i'm not sure they'd pay to get rid of anyone except maybe Aminu... and he doesn't make enough to get a 1st out of that move and isn't good enough to be seen as an asset to anyone.

Houston should pay to get rid of Gordon, i just don't think the Warriors should want to take him. Don't even think Houston has assets to make taking on Gordon worthwhile. On the other hand Covington may come cheaply.

Philly may see Josh Richardson as a way to dump some money. He wouldn't be free, but hopefully cheaper than one would otherwise think. We could also take on the putrid (work with me here) contract of Mike Scott.

Lets say we can get JoRich plus Mike Scott for the Minnesota 2021 2nd rd pick. Saves Philly $15M in real money plus a <bleep> load in luxury tax.

Then we could conceivably start putting together a Giannis trade package including the following...
(Assuming #1 overall pick - forget about the odds, just work with me here)

Anthony Edwards ~$9M (he needs to sign first for this to work)
JoRich - $10M
Scott - $5M

$24M out

Giannis - $27

$27M in

Asset wise, Milwuakee gets:
Edwards
JoRich
Minny 2021 1st
GSW 2021 1st UNPROTECTED <-- this is huge value in a stacked draft class cause we were the worst team in the league this year!!! (Bob needs to sell this point)
GSW 1st rd pick 2 yrs after pick convey's to Memphis (else max amount of cash)

I have sufficiently talked myself into this being feasible. Just need to get JoRich for basically free. Go get'em Bob!
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,792

Post#13 » by michaelm » Mon May 11, 2020 1:19 am

clyde21 wrote:appreciate the enthusiasm but Wiggins a cornerstone? we talking about the same Wiggins? lol

His destiny is to be Ender Wiggins.
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Post#14 » by marthafokker » Thu May 14, 2020 10:55 pm

Wow. Potentially 30 mil less in salary cap? That $17 trade exemption could be platinum now. Especially with as many as 25 teams in the reduced luxury tax line.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.

Return to Golden State Warriors