ImageImageImageImageImage

If he was never a Warrior, would you like Draymond Green?

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

If he was never a Warrior, would you like Draymond Green? 

Post#1 » by Kuya » Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:32 am

I imagine him talking trash to Klay all day lmao

Maybe a couple nut shots to Steph
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Re: If he was never a Warrior, would you like Draymond Green? 

Post#2 » by azwfan » Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:46 am

Tough to know. I think if I knew everything about him that I do now, I would like him. But the likelihood is that if he wasn't a Warrior I wouldn't pay as much attention to him and therefore wouldn't know what I know about him. Not sure I'd be calling him "donkey" and all the other nonsense GB say about him... but I probably wouldn't be a fan. And lets face it, he wasn't exactly my favorite Warrior when he was getting all those techs and nut shoting dudes in 2016.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#3 » by Coxy » Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:46 am

I'd love him and want him on my team. I never hated Sheed or any other big mouthed player as long as they backed it up. Dray has an edge that more talented players have no clue about. In fact, more talented players will never understand the edge he has, bcause he's had to do everything on the back of very limited talent, and has had to fight like a dog to create himself.

Don't get me wrong, he does stupid things sometimes out of emotion, but he's not a dirty player. I love Draybeast, he's my favourite jersey I own and I love watching the faces of haters when I wear it around shopping centres. The almost just want to argue and pick a fight with you for no reason haha.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#4 » by Mylie10 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:31 am

Kuya wrote:I imagine him talking trash to Klay all day lmao

Maybe a couple nut shots to Steph

We'd all hate him.

But to me, he's that guy that you hate until he's on your team. My brother absolutely hates Patrick Beverley. But I love Beverly and told my brother that he would love Beverley if he played with Draymond and was a Warrior. My brother said no lol.

Anyhow, Draymond is a love to hate guy, unless he's on your team. At least that's how I see it.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#5 » by Warriors Analyst » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:42 am

I’d hate Draymond without a question. I hate CP3 and Westbrook, there’s no way I’d find them more tolerable than Draymond. But I also think that I wouldn’t understand Draymond if I hadn’t watched him play from his rookie year. At some point in the Clippers series in 2014 I had the thought that Draymond might be the best defender I’d ever watched. I was 20 at the time and had really only watched the Warriors play, which is to say I’d been weaned on terrible basketball and catastrophe level defenses. Draymond taught me a lot about defense. I had never seen anyone switch with the same effortlessness as he did. It was shocking to watch someone hold their own against CP3 and Blake all in one possession and over the course of the next few years, Draymond did things I had never seen before on defense. Draymond made me a better defender in my own life! I learned things watching him night after night that 15 years of terrible Warriors basketball could never teach me. My defensive awareness is better for Draymond, but I also know that I wouldn’t have seen the greatness of Draymond on defense unless I’d seen him play night after night, or unless I was a poor Blazers fan who had the misfortune of watching him end my team in the playoffs two separate times. Draymond’s value is hard to understand if you don’t watch him night after night but if you do watch him with that level of frequency, you’ll be a smarter basketball fan for it.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,829

Post#6 » by cdubbz » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:15 pm

Hell no.

But “tough guys” and versatile guys are always wanted.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Badly Browned
Analyst
And1: 326

Post#7 » by Badly Browned » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:36 pm

If he were in the Eastern Conference, maybe.

If he were in the Western Conference, and especially in the Pacific Division, hell yeah I'd hate him.
I'm not going to say that Curry is God. But he is definitely a god. -NeoWarriors
Frozzy
Starter
And1: 2,021

Post#8 » by Frozzy » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:54 pm

I'd hate him for sure but would want him at the same time.

I hated Richard Sherman when he was an obnoxious Seahawk but grown to love him as a 49er. He still has his fair share of haters among NFL fans but I view him as "our guy"
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#9 » by ILOVEIT » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:41 am

I'd hate him. I'm not a huge fan of his antics....his technical fouls. Cost at least one Championship with his bull and probably a couple more since we lost Durant much to do because of his BS.

I'm still pissed at his deal with Durant. Durant doesn't leave (IMO) if Draymond doesn't call him a bitch etc...What the HELL was he thinking....
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Post#10 » by donkeylips » Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:14 am

depends on what team he was on. i might hate him but respect him.
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#11 » by Flash Falcon X » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:13 am

No, because I’ve always defended Draymond as the guy you hate but would love if he’s on your team. I know non-Warriors fans who hate Draymond would love his versatility if he was on their squad.

Also, agreed with those who say it depends on his team.

Lots of non-Warriors fans who hate Draymond would have loved him if he was on the Cavs during those GSW/CLE Finals matchups. People were desperate in wanting to see the Warriors lose they would root for anyone that’s going against GSW. Seeing Draymond trying to punk Steph and Klay and KD would have gotten Warriors haters hyped lol.

So I would dislike him in general especially if he was on a team like the Rockets or Lakers. But if he was on a team playing against the Lakers in the Playoffs, like maybe Portland, I would definitely love watching him.
#DubNation
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#12 » by Flash Falcon X » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:16 am

ILOVEIT wrote:I'd hate him. I'm not a huge fan of his antics....his technical fouls. Cost at least one Championship with his bull and probably a couple more since we lost Durant much to do because of his BS.

I'm still pissed at his deal with Durant. Durant doesn't leave (IMO) if Draymond doesn't call him a bitch etc...What the HELL was he thinking....

I’m more annoyed with 2016.

Got suspended after LeBron whined to the league about the nut punch.

Andrew Bogut ended up having a season ending injury the game Draymond missed. They had to play Games 6 and 7 without their starting center, having to play Ezeli crucial minutes that cost them and leaving the paint open for Kyrie and LeBron to score inside. People don’t realize how important Bogut was to that team, on both offense and defense.
#DubNation
NeoWarriors
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,321

Post#13 » by NeoWarriors » Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:56 pm

My wife went to Michigan State. We were always going to love Draymond.

Sent from my Golden State Warriors Protoast Elite toaster using RealGM mobile app
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,197

Post#14 » by clyde21 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:43 pm

he wouldn't be as good most likely tbh, so he'd be much less on the radar anyways enough that people wouldn't really care
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,567

Post#15 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:11 pm

I'd like him, but only as a friend.

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,387

Post#16 » by svart » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:13 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:I'd hate him. I'm not a huge fan of his antics....his technical fouls. Cost at least one Championship with his bull and probably a couple more since we lost Durant much to do because of his BS.

A championship in 2016 would have meant no durant. So probably no 2017 and 2018 titles.

Durant’s mind was set before the season, see his interviews , saying he was talking to kyrie to do something since two years before he left.

If draymond was the problem he would be long gone by now and kd still on the team. But he wasn’t. I don’t like green’s big mouth but i side with him on this one, i can understand him at least. He is a loyal guy and i can see why he was pissed by durant’s behaviour. I love kevin,always will, but he is a troubled soul, he can’t seem to find his peace anywhere. He let others to get into his head.

And to answer the question, yes, i would hate his ass if he was on another team.
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#17 » by GQ Hot Dog » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:44 pm

I hated the nut kicks and on Steven Adams too makes it no better, he's a super sympathetic character. But since then he's toned it down so I think I would have come around by now, at least I would be able to view him objectively. As far as the way he plays, I always loved loved loved Dennis Rodman but then I hated Artest and those are the two guys I recall playing with Green's maniacal ferocity. Considering Green is so intelligent and articulate, I think I would end up appreciating him even if he was on another team.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#18 » by Quazza » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:59 am

he'd be Pat Bev

probably hate him, but love him on my team
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
whocurrz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,454

Post#19 » by whocurrz » Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:01 am

If he was playing against my favorite team or on a team I strongly disliked I’d definitely hate him. But otherwise I don’t hate that many players and can appreciate guys who talk trash and are pests. Don’t like guys who are dirty and maybe id consider him more of a dirty player without my fan goggles on but I also see people who act like he kicks guys in the nuts every game and though the knee to Steven Adams nuts while he was driving to the hoop was intentional. So I can’t take a lot of claims about him being dirty seriously
Jarret Jack: “I brought one of my best suits. But looking down at this jersey, it’s just a sense of pride I don’t think I’ve ever felt as a professional. … Nothing in my closet is better than what I have on now."

Return to Golden State Warriors