ImageImageImageImageImage

Any one gamble on Warriors here?

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Any one gamble on Warriors here? 

Post#1 » by ILOVEIT » Sun May 17, 2020 6:58 pm

I put 100 bucks on Warriors before the 2015 season (nice 12-1 payout). Only time I've ever bet on sports and haven't since.

I'm putting 1k on Warriors to win it all next season. I think they have a chance even JUST with Wiggins and a vet (Marc G for example).

Anyone else bet on Warriors...stories?
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
BG
Sixth Man
And1: 458

Re: Any one gamble on Warriors here? 

Post#2 » by BG » Sun May 17, 2020 7:18 pm

my brother and i did some bets a few years ago, only "long time" bets, for example on nba champions. so he wanted to place a bet on the nba champion in 2015, i told him, the only team i can place a bet on in the nba are the Ws, so he put 5 euros and i put 10 euros on the warriors to win it all back then. i won 380 euros back then, still the only time i won something with a bet on sports. but man, that felt good back then :lol:
Warriors!!!
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Post#3 » by DAWill1128 » Sun May 17, 2020 8:06 pm

Futures are great. I took the Falcons to win the NFC a few years back at 12/1 or 13/1. Interesting enough I didn't pick the Falcons to win it all because I didn't think they could beat the Patriots. The NCAA tourney is the real rollercoaster, that's a tough one.

The NBA imo was kinda pointless prior to this season since we were so dominant. I think Boston was like 12/1 at one point and that was tempting, they are probably the 2nd best team in the East. I am not a huge believer in the Bucks because Giannis isn't a good shooter and Middleton is a meh 2nd option.

I would take Warriors at 12/1. Somehow fans believed we were way too good to get Durant and it was unfair and we didn't need him. Now that Durant is gone so is the contending window.
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#4 » by Little Digger » Sun May 17, 2020 8:12 pm

My religion strictly forbids gambling
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,829

Post#5 » by cdubbz » Sun May 17, 2020 9:17 pm

My only sports betting rule is to never bet on the Warriors. And that’s going back to we believe days. Some would say I’m just a bad bet!

I actually won $1000 on the Mavericks back when they beat the Heat in the Finals. For me at the time that felt like a million dollars. I’m a small time better. ($50-$100 bets). I enjoy small bets and playing slowly - I invested more time into looking at matchups and trends and analyzing players and situations. Fun time.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,829

Post#6 » by cdubbz » Sun May 17, 2020 9:21 pm

Are there odds out now? I’ve googled but couldn’t find anything. As of right now however I would have fun betting a small amount on Warriors winning the championship ship (although I said I don’t bet on Warriors).
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,248

Post#7 » by xdrta+ » Sun May 17, 2020 9:42 pm

cdubbz wrote:Are there odds out now? I’ve googled but couldn’t find anything. As of right now however I would have fun betting a small amount on Warriors winning the championship ship (although I said I don’t bet on Warriors).

Odds on next season don't usually come out until this season is over. I wouldn't expect it to be any different this time around.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#8 » by Coxy » Sun May 17, 2020 9:49 pm

Lol, only every game.

I've won stacks on the Warriors over the years, but I've also lost stacks. Probably has evened out really. I play roll on 10K/20K challenges, and multi challenges on player performance and win/loss markets.

Worldwide betting on sport is another huge reason why some leagues around the world are desperate to get going again.
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#9 » by Little Digger » Tue May 19, 2020 1:22 am

OK On Sunday my church banned me for life..It’s very upsetting but at least I can gamble guilt free!!

I like NE over on season win total for next season ..Belichick has been calling Stidham “Stidy” and it’s the first time anyone can recall the coach referring to a player by a nickname..That’s it!! I’m sold..$$$$
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.

Return to Golden State Warriors