Draft Prospect-Deni Avdija

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

IsraeliB
Ballboy
And1: 3

Draft Prospect-Deni Avdija 

Post#1 » by IsraeliB » Wed May 27, 2020 1:34 am

Hi i just made a euroleague video of deni avdija
I think he would be a perfect fit for the warriors.
What do you think?

HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,589

Re: Draft Prospect-Deni Avdija 

Post#2 » by HiRez » Wed May 27, 2020 2:02 am

He's intriguing for sure but how a wing can be such a godawful freethrow shooter concerns me. To me this guy would be a lot more enticing as a #10-#20 pick than top 5-9 where he's projected to go.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#3 » by Coxy » Wed May 27, 2020 2:26 am

I honestly don't know what to make of this guy. If it weren't for the rise of Luka Doncic as a slow footed, incredibly intelligent and franchise type ball handler. I look at Deni and think Hedo Turkeyglue or possibly Detlef Schrempf if he really pans out. He could end up Cedi Osman or Omri Casspi though. Hard to read watching him.

If we are drafting 1 or 2, no fricken way. If we selected him after that, then the FO would have to be blown away in a work out or something to buy into him.
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Post#4 » by DAWill1128 » Wed May 27, 2020 3:56 am

I could see him being a 2nd unit point forward for us. Utilizing him similarly to how the Mavs use Doncic but just for our 2nd unit.

I think Paschall can operate as the primary scorer option next to Deni the way the Mavs use KP. When plays break down feed Paschall in one on ones Then let a combo of small guards like Bowman, Lee, Mulder, Poole defend the guards and space the floor for Deni and Paschall. Bowman is a good on ball defender for point guards but not a primary backup initiator imo. Maybe switch Chriss to the 2nd unit so he can play lob threat like the Mavs were using Powell.
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#5 » by Warriors Analyst » Wed May 27, 2020 4:21 am

HiRez wrote:He's intriguing for sure but how a wing can be such a godawful freethrow shooter concerns me. To me this guy would be a lot more enticing as a #10-#20 pick than top 5-9 where he's projected to go.

That's pretty much how I feel. I like the feel for the game, but in order to believe Avidja would be a positive shooter, he'd have to be a total outlier; I can't think of any wing player that sustained the putrid FT% percentages that he has over the last few years who turned out to be a good shooter. Avidja would have to break the mold in an unprecedented way.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,589

Post#6 » by HiRez » Wed May 27, 2020 5:00 am

Honestly I would take Okongwu or Okoro over Avdija.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#7 » by Mylie10 » Wed May 27, 2020 5:14 am

He's an ok player, but if we end up with him, I couldn't help feeling like we failed.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
drewbreeze
Freshman
And1: 26

Post#8 » by drewbreeze » Wed May 27, 2020 9:07 am

HiRez wrote:Honestly I would take Okongwu or Okoro over Avdija.

Yup, at least with those two we have somebody who can play NBA playoffs calibre defense worst case compared to a worst case complete bust (Avdija).

Return to Golden State Warriors